• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Level-5 today successfully registered the trademark 'Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy' with the European Union Intellectual Property Office. For those unaware, Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy was the 6th and final 'generation' of Inazuma Eleven games before the revival commenced this year. It was the last of the 3DS trilogy, and of a series moreover that had otherwise been released in its entirety in Europe. When Galaxy failed to materialize in a similar schedule to the previous titles, fans became concerned that it had been cancelled. The series proper had, of course, ended in Japan as a result of declining sales not long before.

Eventually, it would arise that developer Level-5 was locked in a legal battle with MSC Technologies Systems over this very trademark, which had left the accompanying game's release in limbo. Shortcut to July 31st, MSC Technologies Systems filed, through Level-5's legal representation, their dismissal of their objection to the trademark application. The terms of the settlement between the 2 parties seem to consist of restrictions with regard to how Level-5 utilizes the trademark. After 3 long years (the original trademark application was filed in April of 2015), Level-5 has secured the European trademark for the title of the final Inazuma Eleven 3DS game, opening the doors to its long-awaited release.

It's a busy time for the franchise, as Level-5 has also confirmed their intention to release the upcoming Switch/PS4 title Inazuma Eleven Ares in Europe and the US next year, with its animated adaption set to debut in France on August 29th. The series is also currently airing in the Philippines with episodes debuting just a few short hours after their Japanese broadcast. Inazuma Eleven Fes 2018, a small convention of sorts hosted by Level-5, is set to kick off on August 26th, and is expected to feature an expanded look into the upcoming game, a confirmation of its release date, as well as a formal unveiling of the upcoming story arc set to begin in the television series this October. Retail listings for Inazuma Eleven branded Nintendo Switch accessories lend credence to prevailing rumors that the game is also slated for an October release.

Source: https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/013923669 (and thanks to MantoRune and The WojwymXX on Reddit for keeping the fandom updated!)

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I surely didn't expect to read about trademark issues when I came into this topic.

I'll play it I guess. For old times sake.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Man, I'm so glad we may be able to get IEGO3 in Europe. I've been waiting to play this for the longest time.
Hopefully they won't do like they did with IE3 and release it only on the newest console.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
It's a shame it wasn't announced in the Direct. Perhaps it's going to be announced closer to release in 2019? Before Ares gets released?