• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
This must be one of the biggest examples of developing with a sunken cost phallacy mindset, aside from Dead ISland 2.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The initial iteration of this looked soooo much more interesting :(

Either way, looking forward to them putting it out and devoting time to more exciting projects.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
This must be one of the biggest examples of developing with a sunken cost phallacy mindset, aside from Dead ISland 2.

Galery_2.jpg

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember how it was supposed to be ready for the World Cup ... 2018...
Ah, Level 5 and managment issues.
As long as they are somewhat similar to the DS games, I'll get it, I need my RPG elements.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I hope one of those other series in development doesn't include Layton after the last game. Don't think I trust Level-5 to make a good new entry now, and they'd probably bring Layton back as MC instead of keeping Katrielle.

This looks ok but I doubt it'll do well enough to justify the dev costs. Especially when Level-5 have ditched the worldwide market when the domestic market is shrinking.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I am actually pretty happy they went back to a very similar system to the DS games, considering...they are all very good.

Let the experimentation come in when Level 5 is in a good position again.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
The special animations at the end look great. Nice that there's vertical screen orientation support as well, I can see that being some people's default for a game like this.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
This thing is finna get delayed again and then reappear in 3 years with the logo turning into Final Fantasy XVII at this point.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Wait wasn't this a turn based jrpg but with soccer affair? I've never tried any games in the series but that was what I thought it was and that was actually kinda interesting to me.
This doesn't look very good. Super zoomed out and tiny undetailed characters does not make for a very appealing looking game.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Wait wasn't this a turn based jrpg but with soccer affair? I've never tried any games in the series but that was what I thought it was and that was actually kinda interesting to me.
This doesn't look very good. Super zoomed out and tiny undetailed characters does not make for a very appealing looking game.

They are not turn based, it's difficult to explain, really, so I suggest you just watching this gameplay vid of the last mainline game to get an idea.

https://youtu.be/UsixhaC6zYE

This game now looks...almost exactly the same as the other games, which I think it's good. I always found the series tons of fun. It does look more zoomed out, though, and maybe not for the better.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It probably won't ever get localized so whatever

One of my favorite series too :(

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Zooming out makes the slow speed of the players very noticeable. I didn't think about that before this trailer made it obvious.