Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Like 15 years ago they did a chill version of "Are you in" at a Bridge school benefit, I've tried finding it but it's not on YouTube anymore. Anyways same thing with the piano version of drive. I love it when they fuck around with existing songs

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Checked ticket prices, never mind.

I'll just see Coheed again when they're headlining again sometime.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Album is out now. I thought it released in two weeks. Anyway, not much of a fan here. Morning View is my favorite album of all-time. Nice To Know You sounds really good here, but I don't know if I am a fan of any other track. I hate to say it, but Brandon is the weak link here for me.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Listening through Morning View now. Whether it was intentional or not, I'm really not a big fan of some of the choices here.

Going through some of the tracks, listening through my Abyss TC headphone stack...

Mexico - Too much echo/reverb on the track, especially on the vocals. I loved the loneliness of the original where it felt like just the guitar and vocals in the room, felt more intimate.

Are you in? - The bass line was killer in the original. Here it's mixed way lower than the other instruments. Brandon sounds so much more whiny in this one

Warning - Again, feels like too much echo/reverb. Works a little better in this song though IMO. This reproduction is otherwise pretty good

Will listen to more later...

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
Are you in? - The bass line was killer in the original. Here it's mixed way lower than the other instruments. Brandon sounds so much more whiny in this one

This is specifically disappointing. Besides the buildup that leads to the big drum fill and groove in the beginning of the song, that bassline is sooooooooooo good. I wonder what made them go for a more muted presentation on what always felt like the heart of the song?

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Listening to this now.

It's OK. I think I prefer the OG for just about every track. I definitely agree that the whole album is lacking in that bass groove. I also listened on my nicer headphones and the mix didn't feel quite as interesting as the original.

Boyd still definitely has the range he had 20 years ago, but his mixed voice has morphed into something I'm just not as much of a fan of. "Warning" in particular was hard to listen to when comparing to the original. He's certainly aged better than many other singers and hasn't lost his edge, but his nasal mixed voice has become a lot more pronounced.

The best songs seem to be the heavier ones like Circles, Blood on the Ground, Have you Ever, Under the Umbrella.
11am is still rad.
Wasn't a fan of Mexico, Warning, Are You In?
Aqueous Transmission has a few extra flairs added in that I don't remember from the OG, which is cool. I think I hear a mandolin in there? Or some higher-pitched string instrument. This has a much more "Full" sound than the original.

I'm glad they did this though. It's a cool experiment, and I'll still give it some airplay at my house.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Musically the mix sounds really good. But holy shit his singing is so nasally now. Nice To Know You now sounds like a cover that someone is making fun of the original song with. I'm amazed they thought those vocals were acceptable.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Really noticing the synth on "Under My Umbrella" takes it in a whole other direction. The albums feel like they are records heavily influenced by the two different eras they come from. The 2001 version has more pop-punk influence (you know it when you hear it, that early 00s sound) of that day while the 2024 version of the album leads more into the synth heavy production of rock we see today. Very interesting experiment to say the least. Still prefer the OG version as that was one of THE seminal albums of my teens years. At least that's how it sounds to my ears.

Still seeing them on this upcoming tour as they are touring with my favorite band of all time "Coheed and Cambria".

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Musically the mix sounds really good. But holy shit his singing is so nasally now. Nice To Know You now sounds like a cover that someone is making fun of the original song with. I'm amazed they thought those vocals were acceptable.
That's my feeling too. Musically i'm intrigued, but good lord Brandon's vocal aee just awful across the board

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
That's my feeling too. Musically i'm intrigued, but good lord Brandon's vocal aee just awful across the board

I feel so bad for him because I remember when he started having vocal issues. Having seen them live countless times you can tell when singing for him just flowed, versus how he really focuses and still has trouble today. I guess it happens to all of us.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
I made it about 50 seconds into Wish You Were Here and immediately turned it off.

I'll stick to the original recording

ChitonIV

Nov 14, 2021
I dunno how they mess up the aspect ratio in 2024. But, its the highest quality audio of this DVD, on Youtube.
www.youtube.com

Incubus: Morning View Sessions | Full Concert

Released on May 28, 2002, this DVD chronicles The Morning View Sessions concert that the band Incubus gave in New York City.Performance from: Morning View Se...

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Brandon should have taken a page from Tony Kiedis and just never be good from the beginning so when you get old no one notices

Poor guy, I wonder if he just didn't take care of his voice. I think he needs to find a new range for himself, some of the vets have done that fairly well