• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Up:

Original:

Just announced, this will be the third Indie World Soejima and Boku have presented:

t1559289600z0.png

Edit:

Forgot to mention the tweet says they're showing current indie games and upcoming titles.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
damn they just dropping directs like nuts right now. good to get another glimpse into the jp indie sphere

Oct 25, 2017
The last couple of indie worlds we had announced games we didn't know were coming to Switch for some reason, so I'll give it a go.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol jesus! slow down nintendo
i love all three formats for nindie directs, will watch for sure. won't happen but i'm still obligated to hope for a port of FEZ.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just a note: this isn't a Direct and it's not live streamed, it's simply posted and accessible. To clarify, it's a video introducing indie games for Switch, including games that are already available in addition to upcoming games. Likely the games being shown at the Nintendo / Indie World booths at BitSummit in Kyoto this weekend will be highlighted. Here is a link with what has been announced so far: https://gematsu.com/2019/05/nintendo-announces-bitsummit-7-spirits-lineup

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm...no announcement of a corresponding NA or European direct yet. I hope there will be.
the indie directs are done by each region independently, and their content is never the same. they don't have one for each region to go up around the same time.
NoA did their last one (nindies showcase) in march
NoE did their last one (indie highlights) in january
NoJ did their last one (indie world) in december of last year

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
Just a note: this isn't a Direct and it's not live streamed, it's simply posted and accessible. To clarify, it's a video introducing indie games for Switch, including games that are already available in addition to upcoming games. Likely the games being shown at the Nintendo / Indie World booths at BitSummit in Kyoto this weekend will be highlighted. Here is a link with what has been announced so far: https://gematsu.com/2019/05/nintendo-announces-bitsummit-7-spirits-lineup

I was trying to make it simple to explain that it was like a Direct since there have been stuff like the Nindies Showcase which is also similar to a direct.

To avoid arguing about semantics I have reported my post to get a mod to change the thread title.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Nintendo is just not interested in waiting for E3 this year.

This wouldn't be the first time. Nintendo has done pre-E3 announcements like this before. I remember one year having a 3DS Direct before E3. That said, I think this year feels like it's getting more pre-E3 announcements than in the past: Game Informer for MUA3, Super Mario Maker 2, Pokémon conference and Direct, and now this indie video. (So I probably agree with you.)

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
The last one was dope and had a good mix of new announcments and updates on previously announced games. There was waaaaaaaay too much talking though and I dont think they even bothered with translators or subtitles >_> so hopefully they address that.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Apparently that is June 20th now from the code being changed so I wouldn't have high expectations for this.
It's not definitively June 20 just like it wasn't definitively May 30. Titles on there have placeholder dates. Nothing more than that.
In the case of Cadence of Hyrule, June 20 was changed as the placeholder as it is the very last day of Spring.

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Oct 25, 2017
The last one was dope and had a good mix of new announcments and updates on previously announced games. There was waaaaaaaay too much talking though and I dont think they even bothered with translators or subtitles >_> so hopefully they address that.

It's a Japan-only presentation so...

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Has Indie World ever announced anything new that has not been previously announced?

Perhaps if the video is unskippable then it might very well be the case, since the last Indie Direct (20 March 2019) couldn't be skipped ahead and that was the one where Cadence of Hyrule was announced. In contrast to the one before that (23 January 2019), which is just an uploaded video so the video could be watched at any point.

Thank you for reading.

randomhugs

Oct 25, 2017
Where the hype at? I'm hoping we, at least, get another Cadence of Hyrule trailer. Maybe even a release date.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I guess this will just be uploaded to the japanese Nintendo Youtube Channel right?
I don't expect much.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this will just be uploaded to the japanese Nintendo Youtube Channel right?
I don't expect much.
Yes.
The focus of these is mostly indie games coming recently/soon to Japan, so you can expect stuff that have been out for a while elsewhere. They'll probably also showcase some stuff from BitSummit, but who knows what and how much.
Edit: There is is, didn't show up in the uploads yet.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
So Cadence of Hyrule is slated to be on June 2019, without the day mentioned. If going by the webpage html, it would likely be 20th of June.

Thank you for reading.

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
New Cadence of Hyrule Trailer!

Shovel Knight X Just Shapes & Beats!

A Bunch of Games We Already Knew About!

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Nothing to special, as expected. My Friend Pedro and Cadence of Hyrule confirmed for June, some game called Coffee Talk which apparently it's been out for a while and looks like a more real version of VA11-HALL-A, and The friends of Ringo Ishikawa, which I didn't know about and it looks AWESOME.

EDIT: OH, AND THE SHOVEL KNIGHT X JUST SHAPES & BEATS THING

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
To the Moon??

edit: sorry for DP
edit2: why is this thread not more active!!!

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo!! that just shovel and knights announcement is new right? Is that DLC cause I have just beats and shapes