• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdaWdtYUvU

The latest trailer for Indika poses difficult questions about what is fair and unfair, and gives us another look at the upcoming narrative-driven adventure game. Indika is centered on a nun grappling with the voice of the devil within her. It delves into themes of self-discovery and what we, as humans, do when we have an internal clash of our beliefs. Indika will be available on PC on May 2, 2024, and later that month on Xbox Series X/S and PS5.

Embarking on a quest to deliver a significant letter, Indika finds herself compelled to confront the very foundations of her faith. Was her devotion to a cause greater than herself a voluntary sacrifice? This deliberate imbalance not only shapes her narrative but also influences the lives of those around her. Indeed, the inherent unfairness of life itself prompts reflection—isn't that a truth we can all acknowledge?

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
the demo was a nice surprise, some original ideas and I'd be happy to play it if it wasn't for the truly abysmal soundtrack, what were they thinking?

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this title, since even if it ends up being a little too out there, I'm glad games like this are being made. This specific one may not resonate, but if it does ok maybe other groups will make their own projects.

The impression I get is that the developers want to satire everything - from religion, to game mechanics, to soundtrack - and that might end up just being a big mess, but from the demo the sense of humor seems to be there. The minor puzzle solving was clever.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
the demo was a nice surprise, some original ideas and I'd be happy to play it if it wasn't for the truly abysmal soundtrack, what were they thinking?
can you say more about the soundtrack? I watched some trailers and while it seemed certainly (and deliberately) contrasted with the game visuals, it sounded ok to me.

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
can you say more about the soundtrack? I watched some trailers and while it seemed certainly (and deliberately) contrasted with the game visuals, it sounded ok to me.

Well, if you think it's fine in the trailers there is not much I can say to convince you otherwise. Not only it's completely out of place, it sounds like someone just downloaded their first industrial techno loop pack from torrent but is good mates with the director. To each of their own

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Well, if you think it's fine in the trailers there is not much I can say to convince you otherwise. Not only it's completely out of place, it sounds like someone just downloaded their first industrial techno loop pack from torrent but is good mates with the director. To each of their own
ah ok. Yeah I get that people wouldn't like it, but I was thinking maybe it did something super inconsistent with the trailer music in the actual demo.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I'm really looking forward to the game.

The demo was great, up until the point where I couldn't progress because the controls were broken (couldn't pass the plank with the controller, which was confirmed by others). I hope stuff like this is fixed when it comes out next week.

Which reminds me: how come we don't know the price yet?

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
After the wild demo I am definitely curious to see what the fuck the game even is.

Still remember that opening bit. The Wild Wild West bike with the Super Mario Bros soundtrack...if Super Mario had a level set in a gulag or something. Madness.

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
man. one of the only videogames that knows how to use a fucking camera. really cool shit.

i'm a bit worried about the more meta/strange elements from what i saw of the demo. i hope they don't undercut the story too much. but i'll be there day one regardless

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Have we ever had a nunsploitation game? Just the premise alone along with the whackiness has me there day 1!

OP
OP
Ahti

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
The game is coming out today. According to Ggdeals/GMG, the price is going to be 25€.

gg.deals

Search results for "indika"

GG.deals helps you find the best deals on digital game downloads. Join our giveaways, track new sales, synchronize your Steam collection.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed it. Great story, themes and amazing, weird atmosphere.

Although I have finished it in 4 hours, so I'm afraid people will be pissed with 25 euro price tag (if it's real).

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Seems like the kind of game I'd rather read a user review of than a pub review tbh. Was gonna pick this up later on because 1000xResist is looming, but if it's really that short I should just go get it already.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
€25 sounds like a lot. Really enjoyed the demo though so I'm conflicted, hopefully it's a bit less.
I'd prefer 19.99 instead of 25, but what I find a bit more off putting is the abrupt ending that was mentioned in reviews. But even then it depends on the rest of the experience and how exactly it plays out.

I don't know, it's hard to say without having played it myself.

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
I enjoyed about 80% of the demo, but as mentioned, the controls for the balancing and the insta-kill chase scene at the end of it was absolute toilet, and I'll wait for user impressions if any of that type of thing is throughout the game before buying.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Oh wow, the reviews are way better than expected.

The demo was so weird, I would have believed it's a Kojima game if somebody told me. But everything else was really mediocre.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really enjoyed it. Great story, themes and amazing, weird atmosphere.

Although I have finished it in 4 hours, so I'm afraid people will be pissed with 25 euro price tag (if it's real).
Good to hear your impressions. Do you have a review already published or if not, how did you manage to play it before it's out?

I am planning to do a review thread or compile it into the OP of the OT.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Good to hear your impressions. Do you have a review already published or if not, how did you manage to play it before it's out?

I am planning to do a review thread or compile it into the OP of the OT.

I worked in gaming media for over 10 years, I have a small YT channel, but I prefer to remain anonymous here tbh.

Also worth noting, that the portion of revenue will go to the charity helping Ukrainian children affected by the war.

OP
OP
Ahti

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
€25 sounds like a lot. Really enjoyed the demo though so I'm conflicted, hopefully it's a bit less.

It's 25€, but you get 10% off on Steam and Green Man Gaming, and 28% off on the latter, if you have a gold membership.

www.greenmangaming.com

INDIKA | PC - Steam | Game Keys

Pick up your INDIKA PC copy from Green Man Gaming today and remember to sign in for our best price

Last edited: