• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Credit to Eirik Furu for fiding out.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Inscryption is an inky black card-based odyssey that blends the deckbuilding roguelike, escape-room style puzzles, and psychological horror into a blood-laced smoothie. Darker still are the secrets inscrybed upon the cards... - Inscryption Description on Steam

Antoo

May 1, 2019
been waiting for this game to consoles before diving in. hopefully a release is in the cards soon!

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's necessary to express anymore how fucking fantastic this is.

Console players eating good.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Loving this trend of PC indie darlings coming to console. Finished Omori last week and I'm itching for more creepy shit. Gimme!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
my game of the year 2021.

Everyone needs to play this game. Even those who don't like card games.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Have only heard good thing about this and while I've tried to stay spoiler free I haven't been that successful..
Still really exciting news though, will definitely pick it up.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Anyone who's ever had a fondness for card games and the associated culture needs to play this day fucking one. Just trust me.

I think the game reaches a point where it becomes a tougher sell for people not into card games, but the opening hours are still loaded with unique atmosphere and mechanics that are worth the price of admission alone.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Don't read up on this. Just play it. It's one of the most special games I've played, what an experience.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Yessssss! So happy to play again. Among many great aspects of the game, I loved the game's music and sound design so much -- my computer speakers aren't great, so exciting for it to come to console.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
i wonder how this will work on consoles.
You mean the twist / real life aspect? There will always be people who only own consoles and don't even register anything thats PC exclusive. I feel like Inscryption was niche enough to not completely spill into the general console only spheres.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
The real shame is I don't think their other games are on console but I bet most people on PC hadn't played their other stuff either. Though I won't complain about more people getting to play Inscryption.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I waited for a console release… if this could find its way to GP or PS+ that would be nice.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I've been anticipating this ever since they were hyping it on bombcast last year. Looking forward to how it translates to console because it had some very PC specific concepts that may not translate.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
You mean the twist / real life aspect? There will always be people who only own consoles and don't even register anything thats PC exclusive. I feel like Inscryption was niche enough to not completely spill into the general console only spheres.
I think they're probably talking about the "rooting through your hard drive to find big or small files" boss fight. guessing they'll do save files or something?

EraLurker24

Feb 9, 2022
I uninstalled this game after getting to the second act. Really fantastic first act and I've read that the last act is good too, but that transition to 2D fetch quests really killed it for me.

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
Finished it a couple weeks ago.
Really unique and incredible atmosphere.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Can't wait. I have been waiting for this game to come to any platform (other than PC).

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I have no clue what this game is about and how this plays but I've heard a lot of positive buzz about it. Glad to see it will make its way on consoles!

deadlygantz

Oct 15, 2019
The developer confirmed it in a tweet in June that it's coming to consoles? I guess it was sooner than later.