• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
I liked everything I saw about that game...except for the anime characters. They look so generic

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The combat looks pretty good but I don't understand why the human characters are anime cel shaded while everything else, especially the monsters, is clearly not.
Weird artistic choice

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Liking the look of this a lot. The setting is similar to Astral Chain's and the art style is like God Eater/Code Vein.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry but this looks strangely low budget even for Bamco.

And boring. Even the current gen Tales of looks way better than that.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks kinda sorta interesting (enemy designs certainly got a "what the hell?" Out of me) and I'm always up for a crazy anime rodeo but the main character looks like the blandest anime motherfucker to have ever anime'd. Dunno about this yet.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
What is with all the Astral Chain comparisons? It's an anime cyberpunk action RPG with monsters. The main characters have powers but there nothing like the stands in Astral Chain (forgot their name).

I swear some of ya'll are too lazy on a keyboard.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
This looked amazing. Probably my favourite shown during Inside Xbox. Really loving the vibe.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Tbh wasn't expecting to see something this up my ally revealed at the Xbox games showcase. This looks great to me. Definitely Astral Chain vibes, but the combat looked more fun than that game to me from what little we saw of it.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017

Official Site | Bandai Namco Entertainment America

The official home for ELDEN RING, Armored Core, TEKKEN, DRAGON BALL, GUNDAM, PAC-MAN, and all your favorite video games!

Oh wow its actually only listed for xbox thought there was no way this isn't on playstation/pc as well
I would wait awhile before assuming it was Xbox exclusive. If it was, Microsoft would have been shouting from the rooftops. Also, they probably won't say until after the PS5 has had a proper reveal.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
am assuming its not exclusive since no wording made it seem specific.

Otherwises looks great, and Yuito Sumeragi is precious and cool.

Apart from the UKONVASARA "other" in the trailer, didn't really see why there were so many god eater comparisons.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Not usually a fan of the anime aesthetic in games, but this one looks pretty good. I did think it was a Ghost in the Shell game when it started, so I was a bit disappointed, but it has my interest after a few viewings.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The protagonist is very much a generic anime protagonist but the game itself looks very cool. Definitely looking forward to seeing more.

Also I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was a Code Vein sequel at first LOL.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
What is with all the Astral Chain comparisons? It's an anime cyberpunk action RPG with monsters. The main characters have powers but there nothing like the stands in Astral Chain (forgot their name).

I swear some of ya'll are too lazy on a keyboard.

It could also be the whole monsters invading from a red dimension who can't be killed until a special unit/division of the police gains the ability to fight them thing...

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Internal team with some former Tales team members: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/07/scarlet-nexus-announced-for-xbox-series-x-and-xbox-one/

It's possible this is Kenji Anabuki's game as he's mentioned he's working on a new project.

Edit: Ah beat me yourself, haha.

So they're calling it a new RPG franchise, and it has Tales devs onboard.

Shit, Tales devs? I guess I'm in. I mean cool that some Tales devs can work on a new IP and not just Tales, as good as Arise looks right now.

Also has Kenji Anabuki worked on any Tales since Vesperia?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Man, the more I see and learn about this game, the more hyped I become:

- developers of Tales pedigree, and potentially even the director of my favourite Tales game at the helm;
- The art style is brilliant, the cel shading looks impressive in the same way Tales of Vesperia did back in the day, and the steampunk city looks good except for the minor detail that those cars move weird as hell;
- Gameplay looks flashy, and the use of floating objects as weapons seems very interesting;

So far, the character designs are a bit samey, so hopefully they have more variety elsewhere in the game.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Shit, Tales devs? I guess I'm in. I mean cool that some Tales devs can work on a new IP and not just Tales, as good as Arise looks right now.

I just want to stress that there's no confirmation on Kenji Anabuki yet. He's just mentioned on his twitter before that he is working on an original title. It could be a totally different project.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017

His work history at Tales Studio and later Bandai Namco Studios:

Tales of Symphonia: Level designer
Tales of the Abyss: Level designer
Tales of Vesperia: Lead designer
Tales of Xillia: Combat designer
Tales of Xillia 2: Director
Smash Bros. 4: Designer
Smash Bros. Ultimate: Management

After Xillia 2 some Tales team members, particularly Team Symphonia ones, went with Producer/Director Yoshito Higuchi to work on Smash Bros. With Smash Bros. probably being done for the next couple of years (and no guarantee that Namco is co-developing the next one), this might be what some of them are working on, but they'll probably talk more about individual staff later.

The Tales team of today, while it still has many ties to older Tales games, has been slowly seeing a new generation of people rise up (pardon the pun) to more prominent positions.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
His work history at Tales Studio and later Bandai Namco Studios:

Tales of Symphonia: Level designer
Tales of the Abyss: Level designer
Tales of Vesperia: Lead designer
Tales of Xillia: Combat designer
Tales of Xillia 2: Director
Smash Bros. 4: Designer
Smash Bros. Ultimate: Management

After Xillia 2 some Tales team members, particularly Team Symphonia ones, went with Producer/Director Yoshito Higuchi to work on Smash Bros. With Smash Bros. probably being done for the next couple of years (and no guarantee that Namco is co-developing the next one), this might be what some of them are working on, but they'll probably talk more about individual staff later.

The Tales team of today, while it still has many ties to older Tales games, has been slowly seeing a new generation of people rise up (pardon the pun) to more prominent positions.

Nice, nice okay

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Looks pretty cool, reminds me that I need to restart and give Astral Chain another chance.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was legitimately surprised Platinum wasn't involved as it looks like a mixture of Astral Chain and Nier.

Status
Not open for further replies.