• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Having a setting like this and not going with a female MC would have made zero sense imho.

However the fact that were arent going to get a fully open world is a bit disappointing I would have loved to explore the vast regions of the HRE.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
They are absolutely gonna cook with the aesthetic of this game. And pretty sure we're playing as an Isu if the MC straight up has powers.

Very very different environment/society than what we would've gotten in Amsterdam.

Guns were a really big aspect of Syndicate and the RPG games treat arrow types like firearms.

In Odyssey we straight up play as a demigod with a POE that gives her superhuman abilities.
But we got witchcraft and possession!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They are absolutely gonna cook with the aesthetic of this game. And pretty sure we're playing as an Isu if the MC straight up has powers.

Very very different environment/society than what we would've gotten in Amsterdam.

Guns were a really big aspect of Syndicate and the RPG games treat arrow types like firearms.

In Odyssey we straight up play as a demigod with a POE that gives her superhuman abilities.

That's wild, I have been missing out on everything going on in AC lol

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Literally give us all the witchy female energy.

lorde-cult.gif

*coven

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
I'll accept that I'm the odd one out here, but that sounds awful to me tbh. I think the thing I'm really lost on at this point is why is it an AC game? There was no reason for this or Valhalla to be an AC game and the fact they're going ahead with this silly infinity thing just confirms to me that they're gonna keep working even harder to drive the IP into the ground

Drive it into the grown ?, when the last iterations of the franchise have had record sales ?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I'll accept that I'm the odd one out here, but that sounds awful to me tbh. I think the thing I'm really lost on at this point is why is it an AC game? There was no reason for this or Valhalla to be an AC game and the fact they're going ahead with this silly infinity thing just confirms to me that they're gonna keep working even harder to drive the IP into the ground

Valhalla was the most successful AC ever and one of the most successful Ubisoft games in their history. Mainline titles are doing pretty well.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Drive it into the grown ?, when the last iterations of the franchise have had record sales ?
I have zero interest in their sales, as a consumer the only metric that I care about is whether they're appealing to me and the IP has become a complete mess at this point as far as I'm concerned. This idea of chasing a Fortnite style platform for AC is actively pushing me away from the franchise and it feels like we're getting a lot of AC games that don't need to have AC in the title. Essentially I feel Ubisoft are using the name as a selling point more than anything it just pushes me away from the games instead.

Valhalla was the most successful AC ever and one of the most successful Ubisoft games in their history. Mainline titles are doing pretty well.
I've no doubt. I also think it was the worst AC game by a massive margin as I associate the games quite a lot with verticality which was extremely lacking due to the setting. I'm not really talking about sales, more how I feel about where the IP is headed. I haven't even got around to Mirage despite it being closer to the older games because I'm just kinda left wondering how much it's gonna make sense to me to jump in for one game here and there

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
So good 😌

I really want to see how they blend the themes for the character design and outfits, and also what style of magic they'll go for.
Totally! If they lean into more of the dark side of magic or maybe you can even choose to go dark or light? The setting is also rather rare and really inspired in my opinion.
Let's pray to Hecate they pull this off!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
But we got witchcraft and possession!
All of which can be explained in the usual ways that AC explains magic.

That's wild, I have been missing out on everything going on in AC lol
Before Dragon's Dogma 2 graced us with a sphinx we had AC.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8r2CN6oloo

Honestly the last time we played as a regular human was in Origins. The creatives behind the Ancient Trilogy really wanted to go deep into Isu lore.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Everything sounds good except for it not being open world...that is one of AC best features and the setting is very unique in AAA gaming and exploring that part of the world in that time period should be one of the best parts.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Totally! If they lean into more of the dark side of magic or maybe you can even choose to go dark or light? The setting is also rather rare and really inspired in my opinion.
Let's pray to Hecate they pull this off!
Imagine cauldrons and brewing potions and how they might look in the various flasks or bottles. What about familiars or cats!! Ahh!!
Omg what if there's a quest like searching for and guiding Persephone from the underworld?!

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Honestly I really wanted a big open world holy Roman empire game... But this could be cool anyway.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Imagine cauldrons and brewing potions and how they might look in the various flasks or bottles. What about familiars or cats!! Ahh!!
Oh, an animal companion you seek out in a cool questline would be so cool! Potion brewing in your little witch hut in some German swamp. Gimme gimme!

Omg what if there's a quest like searching for and guiding Persephone from the underworld?!
Did you jump into the Hades lore here? :D <3

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh, an animal companion you seek out in a cool questline would be so cool! Potion brewing in your little witch hut in some German swamp. Gimme gimme!

Did you jump into the Hades lore here? :D <3
Yes!! Urgh my god they could do *wonders* with the lighting in this game. From the witch hunts and fires in swamps through to the potion brewing, spell casting and summons.

Haha I just had to make sure I was remembering correctly before I made an ass out of myself 😂 Greek mythology is just so cool and ripe for use in games, Hades was a joy and while I haven't been lucky enough to play it yet, Hades II looks even better because, well, witchy stuff. Honestly between Hades II and this I hope we see witches have a bit of a moment in games.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Assuming this is gonna be an Ubi Original like AC Mirage and I'm all for it.

I'd guess there new release model is gonna be large as fuck open world / smaller scale world - repeat.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Yes!! Urgh my god they could do *wonders* with the lighting in this game. From the witch hunts and fires in swamps through to the potion brewing, spell casting and summons.
First time since The Witcher 3 we could get a really pretty swampy area, I think? Really excited about all this. I'm not a big AC fan, but I will be there day 1 if they deliver!

Curious about Red and the female Ninja character too though ...

Haha I just had to make sure I was remembering correctly before I made an ass out of myself 😂 Greek mythology is just so cool and ripe for use in games, Hades was a joy and while I haven't been lucky enough to play it yet, Hades II looks even better because, well, witchy stuff. Honestly between Hades II and this I hope we see witches have a bit of a moment in games.
I'm abig fan of Greek mythology. Two of my most anticipated games right now are Hades 2 (this time with a femalce mc too! although I loved Zagreus) and Age of Mythology: Retold. We are eating good right now, with female mc's too! Star Wars Outlaws, Hades 2, AC Red & Hexe. It's improving and makes me happy!

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds rad. Feel like we've been hearing this name for years now. Surprised it's stil considered in early dev.

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
They probably should just go full Final Fantasy at this point and do whatever they want with the lore of each installment. I'm playing Valhalla now and they don't even bother to explain the tacked on Abstergo/Animus/Isu stuff. If you haven't played any of the previous installments, you're probably going "wtf?" whenever Layla Hassan shows up.

The Quentulated Mox

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 10, 2022
i always love when stories go "witch hunts were obviously terrible and oppressive but those ladies absolutely did have magical powers, they were right about that"

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Mephisto or Mephistophelest (The one from german folklore not the marvel character) was teased in the reveal trailer I wonder if we will see any other demon or demonic entity and how they will tie into the story.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So basically you just want to be a contrarian. Got it.
No I was talking about my opinion on the series and why it feels like it's pushing me away and I don't really get what sales figures have to do with that. Apparently discussion isn't your wheelhouse though, unless sales figures are the be all and end all of opinions

Now I'm genuinely curious though. This is a forum primarily for discussing games. What's the problem with having an opinion that doesn't align with sales?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
They probably should just go full Final Fantasy at this point and do whatever they want with the lore of each installment. I'm playing Valhalla now and they don't even bother to explain the tacked on Abstergo/Animus/Isu stuff. If you haven't played any of the previous installments, you're probably going "wtf?" whenever Layla Hassan shows up.
Valhalla's the end of a trilogy, most consumers were locked in and fully aware of who Layla is by that point. And yes they do explain a LOT of modern day related things in Valhalla.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
No I was talking about my opinion on the series and why it feels like it's pushing me away and I don't really get what sales figures have to do with that. Apparently discussion isn't your wheelhouse though, unless sales figures are the be all and end all of opinions

Now I'm genuinely curious though. This is a forum primarily for discussing games. What's the problem with having an opinion that doesn't align with sales?
Because sales and revenue being at an all time high, means significantly more people enjoy the series as it is now instead of what you want it to be?

Also, the previous game hitting $1 billion in just over a year which is their fastest selling, making Vahalla Ubi's most successful game in history, is directly opposed to this:

just confirms to me that they're gonna keep working even harder to drive the IP into the ground
Instead of pretending that what they are doing is not being overwhelmingly positively received, you can just say you do not like it.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Valhalla's the end of a trilogy, most consumers were locked in and fully aware of who Layla is by that point. And yes they do explain a LOT of modern day related things in Valhalla.

They stopped caring and explaining modern day in games since basically Black Flag. When you end up entire setup of 6 games in the comics and in a bad way you can't continue to explain it properly in games. They are just inventing stupid sh*t and patching some holes but more interesting part that says a lot more is moved outside games. So even if you play RPG trilogy things are barely explained and coherent compared to the things outside games.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Can you elaborate on that? The trailer was not more than a logo iirc? Where did they tease him?

His name was in a cypher hidden in the background of the reveal logo. The channel access the animus did a video decoding the message and here is the video in question (skip to 5:54 for the hidden message):

youtu.be

We Have CRACKED The Codes & Secrets of Assassin's Creed Infinity - Project Hexe Teaser (AC Infinity)

The recent teaser of the Project Hexe Assassin’s Creed game for Assassin's Creed Infinity contains several secrets and we are going to show you everything ab...

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
i always love when stories go "witch hunts were obviously terrible and oppressive but those ladies absolutely did have magical powers, they were right about that"
I don't think the point is that. They will surely go for an angle where they were still innocently hunted, but like this you can fight back with style. Being a witch is also a rather unique gameplay aspect in gaming, we don't have that often.