• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Did you download warding itself? It's a separate thing to cold War.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like you got the answer but one added piece of info in case it's useful - you don't need Cold War installed to play Warzone. Warzone is it's own thing. Cold War will link to it from the menu but that's just a link to literally boot up Modern Warfare/Warzone.

Warzone isn't part of the Cold War install.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for your help everyone, but also, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

COLD WAR IS 150 GB, -BY ITSELF-?!

Haha, I downloaded Cold War last week on xbox believing that it has warzone included because the game icon has the logo on it and because the file size was 180 gb, so I deleted my already installed Warzone

What a surprise I had when the same thing happened to me

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I downloaded Cold War last week on xbox believing that it has warzone included because the game icon has the logo on it and because the file size was 180 gb, so I deleted my already installed Warzone

What a surprise I had when the same thing happened to me

I feel like there should be some quality control from Sony or Microsoft to stop this unnecessary bloat in file size...

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't plan on playing the SP delete that. On PC both Modern Warfare and Cold War are 196Gb together.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there should be some quality control from Sony or Microsoft to stop this unnecessary bloat in file size...

I mean, they are 2 different games that have some cross progress between the 2. You can delete a lot of stuff from Cold War, like the zombies mode or the ray tracing, you should check that out.

Also Warzone has another 40gb of extra downlpads with the high resolution packs if you really want to make use of your ps5

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I have a different sort of problem. I previously owned a disc copy of Modern Warfare 2019 (which Warzone was originally part of that package. Like all disc games, it wants the disk in the machine in order to be able to play (including for Warzone)

I have since traded in my modern warfare disc, and as we all know, Warzone sometime later became a free to play standalone download. However, its still considered a component of the Modern Warfare game.

I am now an owner of Cold War (digital), however my PS5 will not download the Warzone files because Modern Warfare I guess is tied to my PSN account as a disc game, and it won't let me download anything for Modern Warfare other than the basic MP client framework (no actual game files/maps, etc) without having a disc in.

The only thing I ca think of that might help it is if there were a way to obliterate the fact that the disc version of Modern Warfare was ever played on my account, but I don't see any way to do that. Only other way that I'm sure would work would be to just buy modern warfare again digitally, but no thank you.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Oct 27, 2017
I have a different sort of problem. I previously owned a disc copy of Modern Warfare 2019 (which Warzone was originally part of that package. Like all disc games, it wants the disk in the machine in order to be able to play (including for Warzone)

I have since traded in my modern warfare disc, and as we all know, Warzone sometime later became a free to play standalone download. However, its still considered a component of the Modern Warfare game.

I am now an owner of Cold War (digital), however my PS5 will not download the Warzone files because Modern Warfare I guess is tied to my PSN account as a disc game, and it won't let me download anything for Modern Warfare other than the basic MP client framework (no actual game files/maps, etc) without having a disc in.

The only thing I ca think of that might help it is if there were a way to obliterate the fact that the disc version of Modern Warfare was ever played on my account, but I don't see any way to do that. Only other way that I'm sure would work would be to just buy modern warfare again digitally, but no thank you.

Any thoughts on the matter?
Is the disc version of modern warfare still installed on your console? If yes, delete it and try to install Warzone from the console download list; if that doesn't work, try initiating the download from the online store.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Is the disc version of modern warfare still installed on your console? If yes, delete it and try to install Warzone from the console download list; if that doesn't work, try initiating the download from the online store.

No, deleted the software a long time ago (played it on PS4, now I'm using PS5, so not even the same hardware anymore) Tried downloading direct from the store, for from my download list (via "my apps and games"). Nothing seems to work. Like I said, it would be nice to be able to just remove all traces that I ever played the disc version from my account, but I don't believe that can actually be accomplished.

Oct 27, 2017
No, deleted the software a long time ago (played it on PS4, now I'm using PS5, so not even the same hardware anymore) Tried downloading direct from the store, for from my download list (via "my apps and games"). Nothing seems to work. Like I said, it would be nice to be able to just remove all traces that I ever played the disc version from my account, but I don't believe that can actually be accomplished.
That's weird, and I'm assuming you've actually added the Warzone client to your library. Or is that option greyed out?