r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
Some of those vehicles in the trailer were awesome, especially the tentacle monster and the katamari ball.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that mech section 👀

This makes Teardown's destruction look basic AF (and is still a great game btw).

I hope this makes its way to Geforce NOW eventually, this would melt my CPU :P

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Is that all it is, just wrecking shit?

Not that I'm complaining, mind... it'd be nice to have a game that's just about that and not trying to throw in other goals or story or whatever. Just let me wreck shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Is that all it is, just wrecking shit?

Not that I'm complaining, mind... it'd be nice to have a game that's just about that and not trying to throw in other goals or story or whatever. Just let me wreck shit.

I guess for me the cool part of Guerilla was the open world nature of it. Like when doing the hostage rescue missions, are you driving a car through the wall, or carefully planting charges. I'll fully admit the destructable environments can ruin a lot of game design and that's why it never caught on so much. But I'd like something to try more of what Guerilla was going for.

Oct 29, 2017
I tried this a few weeks ago and boy, what a disappointment.

The maps were horrible, the missions were horrible, the UI is a mess.

I have no idea how such a game has such uninspired and boring maps without large structures to destroy, and I honestly was super disappointed in the progression. I really wanted to see large structures but the mission design was so horrible and that it was an absolute chore to get through them. I went into sandbox mode to look around and once I saw that there was nothing fun, I just dropped it.

I also absolutely hated the announcer, I don't think I ever disliked voice work so much I had to turn it off.

The thing has great potential, but seems like it doesn't know how to have fun with the idea. Knocking down small houses in a large map with bad controls just isn't fun.

Compared to this Teardown is just in another universe.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this thread to say I was looking for a game to play with my kid and found this game on Steam. Perfect pick! Its just dumb fun, decent little voice acting bits, decent music, and lots of options for free-building both levels and vehicles if you want to go that route. Steam Workshop integration is right there if you aren't feeling clever and just want to download other people's things.

What I was really hoping for was just a "pick a level, pick a smasher, and smash" thing though for kids, and it has plenty of those. In fact, you're spoiled for choice just from the base game, with lasers, catapults, maces, rockets, flippers, gravity balls, giant fans, shockwaves, you name it. Kid and I are having a good time.

Only frustrations I have had are that you need to actually complete the game to unlock everything, and kids are not patient, and that the crane levels can just get pushed into the ocean like all the "push thing into ocean" missions for all I care. Precision crane game this is not.

www.rockpapershotgun.com

Instruments Of Destruction, from one of Red Faction Guerilla's demolition tech wizards, is out in 1.0 now

Instruments Of Destruction is a sandbox, physics-powered demolition sim from one of the tech wizards behind Red Faction Guerilla and it's out in 1.0 now.