• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Looking though credits:

SOR4:
Unbenannt.PNG

Sakura Wars:
Unbenannt.PNG12.PNG

all the people on the sega development team on SoR4 are RGG Studio, even if it does not say so.

On Sakura Wars, they helped with the cinematics, and SoR4....I guess the beat em up gameplay?

I guess it is good to know that Sega is smart enough to realize that hey can spread the asset of RGG Studio across different projects.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Iirc SEGA is still partially involved with these third party games. The Panzer Dragoon team got access to consultation, materials and had to report to SEGA periodically.

Apr 21, 2018
Looking though credits:

SOR4:
Unbenannt.PNG

Sakura Wars:
Unbenannt.PNG12.PNG

all the people on the sega development team on SoR4 are RGG Studio, even if it does not say so.

On Sakura Wars, they helped with the cinematics, and SoR4....I guess the beat em up gameplay?

I guess it is good to know that Sega is smart enough to realize that hey can spread the asset of RGG Studio across different projects.
Thanks for sharing.

Time for a Bare Knuckles ga gotoku now :)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did find it strange Shenmue never used the Dragon Engine. It would have helped a lot with the development of Shenmue (it would still need optimization cause Shenmue is very different).

Hopefully they give us a forth.
Sega doesn't seem to put their tools out for anyone else to use. if Shenmue was gonna use the Dragon Engine, they'd be making the game themselves

Apr 21, 2018
a lot of these games aren't even funded by Sega, just licensed. they're offering consultation, but Sega doesn't have much stake in them
I'm still glad Sega helped them with members of their best Studios.(during Streets of Rage 2 era, miss Koshiro told in a interview that Sega always pressured them (Ancient) to release the game ASAP. In 2020, the involvment isn't strong but having a part of Yakuza Studio in the development team isn't nothing)

Speaking of RGG studio, it's pretty nice seeing them in Streets of Rage 4, Sakura's credits and probably in Project RE: Fantasy.
Another dream is seeing them helping for Shenmue 4. Meanwhile, we can help them continuing the path to diversity by recomanding Daisuke Sato's previous big production Binary Domain. A few players are begging for a HD port but,hey, it's already on PC in 4K for 2 bucks right now:
store.steampowered.com

Binary Domain on Steam

Set in futuristic Tokyo, take control of the robotic community before they control everything!
youtu.be

Binary Domain 4K GTX 1080 G1 Gaming

BEM-VINDO! SE CURTIU! CLICA EM GOSTE E SE INSCREVA NO CANAL ,VALEU!
Like streets of rage 4, I guarantee you it'll remind you shooters of the genesis era...
(Sato said they'll evaluate a sequel if there is demand)

Last edited: