Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
not as ugly as the DS4, but I'm not a fan of "shell" look. Seems like they use the same rubber coated stick as the DS4, which is not good, those peeled of on my ds4's after some time. Hopefully the touchpad is less wobbly than the one on the DS4, but I would have prefered a removal. Mic seems like a unnecessary addition like the speaker.

I'm interested in the haptic feedback and the triggers. Hopefully it is more utilized than the rumble trigger in the XO controller.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Wtf is wrong with some of you people???

It's gorgeous.
Hopefully the console has a similar design and colour scheme

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I kind of like it, although the shape of the prongs/handles looks oddly sharp compared to pretty much every other controller out there (including the DS4).

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Quit complaining about the color! In fact, I bet that the different colors that they'll have is going to be much better with the two-tone controller.

First prediction:
Spider-Man 2 will have a controller that is red and blue (maybe even with the black web design)

Since they are showing a white with black controller, I guess that the console will also be white with black.

Other prediction: Sony will also sell one-tone controllers (all black first)

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the design language is similar to the console.

I like it. Different and interesting.

Nov 28, 2017
UfGD0bH.png

added the color buttons back

This is what I want

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Damn it's polarizing in here!

I think it looks cool - white and black version.
Haptic is awesome. Adaptive triggers are awesome.

Im surprised they changed it this much.

What's up with the buttons they look ...flat? Or is it just the color making them look weird?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. I'm sure cos of the two tone they can make so many different styles.

Excitement rising.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm mixed on it. I really do not like the white and black two tone, it looks pretty bad honestly. However, the ergonomics look to be a lot better, and the light being smaller is also a huge plus to me. The touchpad being bigger and more spaced out than everything else (unlike the DS4) also looks to be a big improvement.

The triggers seem a little bit iffy and I am not sure about those large shoulder buttons, but otherwise it seems like a net positive controller, even if I would prefer the analog sticks be further away.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Very Spider-Gwen feel to the look, which I like a lot. It's making my imagination run wild with the console design, and I for one am all for a white/black two-tone default!

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I don't know how they managed to make a controller that still fucking has lights on it I swear to god.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Why is everyone bitching about paddles? The XSX stock controller doesn't have them either, Sony will probably make an Elite or another back attachment. I prefer it that way, I don't want those intrusive ass things on my stock controller.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Looks like Xbox remains king with nintendo in second with the pro and sony remains in last in the controller space.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
My first thought exactly. Then read the blog post and was disappointed there was no info about that.
Yeah. I'm not that worried for compatibility of my current titles, my DS4 ain't going nowhere, and I'm pretty sure they'll work on PS5. To me it seems like there are four options.

1. Sony is quietly giving up on PSVR
  2. Sony is moving away from light-based tracking and functionality is already built into the DualSense
  3. Sony is going to push for new VR controllers with PS5
  4. Sony is keeping DS4/Move for VR on PS5

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Love the design and hope the style continues with the console.
Still not sure what to expect from adaptive triggers and the super special haptic feedback.
The handles look like they can be squeezed or maybe the whole upper handle segments move at different vibration rates to simulate that super haptic feedback?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Jesus Christ Sony, what do I have to do for you put at decent fucking D-Pad on your controllers? I'm so tired of my fingers hurting after a half hour playing a fighting game because your D-Pads are so shit. It's like they perfected it with the Vita's D-Pad and just threw that design out the window.
Dualshock is literally the only decent D-Pad in the business. That doesn't either break or drift
Just made a mockup of it in black.

wAxlLJ8.jpg
okay, much better.