• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah battle beast

If you have even a little bit of interest in the show you should probably skip this trailer.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Did they forget to include the
mixed species half-brother
? Or I am misremembering the comic ?

Last edited:

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
The stills in that trailer don't look quite as sharp as the first one but the animation itself is pretty smooth. Certain characters, like Eve and Mark's mom look a little awkward.

Also didn't love what I heard from Sandra Oh's VA but it was like two lines so I'm keeping an open mind.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I have to be honest, the whole time I was deathly afraid they'd spoil it but besides the
thumbnail
they kind of played it well.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Let's go Battle Beast!

f5f29f0b72946fad44bdd38a65dda368.gif

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
It seems like they're also going full origin story here. Something I appreciated about the comic's early issues is how brisk it moved. You understand everything you need to be about Mark's situation from a singe page.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The animation isn't the best, which is disappointing. I didn't pick up on that in the last trailer so much. Him flying at 1:15 looks dire.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
That looks dope, cant wait to watch it. The animation needs work, but im hoping itll get better in the actual airing or even in a later season.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Got some Avatar vibes from the dialogue, and not just because JK Simmons is in it. Can't put my finger on why. But yeah, the animation looks a little rough, and the story of the trailer seems like territory I've seen before, but I'll probably check this out.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I see they sticking with "Mark gets the shit beat out of him, only to come back stronger" trope

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I had absolutely no idea this was even happening, lol. I remember wondering aloud and often when they'd get around to this after Walking Dead happened.

hell yeah battle beast

If you have even a little bit of interest in the show you should probably skip this trailer.

yeah, pretty much

the battle beast surprise is one of my favorite moments in the comic, why put that in the trailer? It's like they just wanted to throw some gory/violent scenes in and didn't put much thought into it beyond that.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the art style wasn't so cartoony. It clashes with the blood and violence in the wrong way.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the animation. The voice work, on the other hand, didn't seem great to me.
I agree, which is disappointing. I've read a bit of invincible when it was first printing and enjoyed it, so I'm holding out hope this will be good. But man, poor animation, flimsy voice work, like the writing needs to pull a lot of weight.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks good and it might capture the feel of the comic but man is that animation lacking. The comic art was gorgeous so I was hoping this would be Legend of Korra levels but nope. Western animation is a real hit or miss on these things

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The animation definitely could be better, but it still looks hype. Are they releasing the episodes weekly? Or similar to what they did with season two of The boys where we get a couple of episodes day 1 and then weekly?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
The animation definitely could be better, but it still looks hype. Are they releasing the episodes weekly? Or similar to what they did with season two of The boys where we get a couple of episodes day 1 and then weekly?

3 episodes day 1 and then it's a weekly release.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
animation is rough, but I'll watch it

damn the war is part of this season, must be 1-2 issues per episodes

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Review are dropping for the first 3 episodes

Balls to the wall action combined with a stellar voice cast make Invincible a must-watch new animated series, even if comic book fans will find much of what plays out on screen to be somewhat familiar.

INVINCIBLE Review; "Balls To The Wall Action Combined With A Stellar Voice Cast Make [This] A Must-Watch"

The first three episodes of Invincible premiere on Amazon Prime Video on March 26th, and after seeing those, we're pretty confident you'll want to tune in each week to see where the crazy series goes next.

In short, Invincible is anything but another superhero story, and in fact, it might be the best one you see all year.
www.digitalspy.com

Invincible review – The Boys and The Walking Dead collide in Steven Yeun's superhero show

But how does it compare to these two fan-favourites?

Invincible recaptures what our current glut of superhero fiction largely loses sight of: the pleasure that superheroes must feel when wielding their powers. Not the sacred satisfaction of helping the downtrodden, but the id-centered thrills of soaring through the sky and inflicting hurt on those deemed deserving. The series consistently makes smart use of music and sound to sweep you up in the bodily sensations of its heroes.
www.slantmagazine.com

Review: Invincible Is a Remarkably Capacious, Nimble Superhero Show

The Amazon animated series delights in the pleasure that superheroes must feel when wielding their powers.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Review are dropping for the first 3 episodes

INVINCIBLE Review; "Balls To The Wall Action Combined With A Stellar Voice Cast Make [This] A Must-Watch"

The first three episodes of Invincible premiere on Amazon Prime Video on March 26th, and after seeing those, we're pretty confident you'll want to tune in each week to see where the crazy series goes next.

www.digitalspy.com

Invincible review – The Boys and The Walking Dead collide in Steven Yeun's superhero show

But how does it compare to these two fan-favourites?

www.slantmagazine.com

Review: Invincible Is a Remarkably Capacious, Nimble Superhero Show

The Amazon animated series delights in the pleasure that superheroes must feel when wielding their powers.
Wow, can't wait for next week!