• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
After playing Wasteland 3 I'm so hyped that their next game will have full Microsoft budget and support. Like, I can't even imaging what they can pull off.

TheTruth

Jul 23, 2018
I'm so glad for the team. Though I hope with all the money they won't completely abandon isometric crpgs and will continue to develop them alongside big triple a RPG's.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It looks like a converted parking garage. Is it? I like it lol.

inXile didn't get a lot of credit or attention, but damn Wasteland 3 is good. I understand the criticisms and it's not perfectly even all the way through. But.. it's very impressive and a lot of fun. Excited to see what comes next for the team(s).

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
InXile is probably the biggest Kickstarter success story. Maybe not in terms of games developed, but in terms of studio growth. Going from a small sequal to Wasteland funded by hardcore fans to this whole office funded by Microsoft. Brian Fargo is an old school PC game designer/manager that somehow made it in the modern industry.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
ineXile is a great team and I hope they get the support and most importantly, the agency to make what they want to make.

Wasteland 3 shows what a true artistic endeavor can be like in its genre.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Well deserved,
I hope Brian and the team get to live comfortably from here on out, and get the budget they deserve, to make the world-class games we know they can build.

I'm still surprised at how much I am loving Wasteland 3, such a great game. Can't wait for what is next.

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
Wasteland 3 is easily my favourite game of the year, I cannot wait to see what they do next.

Oh, and hopefully Hunted:The Demon's Forge comes to backwards compatibility next gen, I love this game and think it was very underrated

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
After playing Wasteland 3 I'm so hyped that their next game will have full Microsoft budget and support. Like, I can't even imaging what they can pull off.

They only need more time to polish and perhaps ditch Unity or hire someone that can build a snappy interface, to be where they need to be. Wasteland 3 demonstrates how talented they are with everything else.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Brian Fargo is an old school PC game designer/manager that somehow made it in the modern industry.

Based on what I know about him, he seems to have always been a rare breed of leader in the games industry. He has a real passion for games, is capable of putting faith and trust in the right people to do their job, and is in a leadership position. He's the kind of person that companies like Activision would have been far better off with, at least from an artistic standpoint.

Hearing stories about how Zenimax tried to fuck over his company years back is doubly infuriating because of Fargo's apparently positive attitude towards the people he works with.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasteland shows they can create an excellent game on a small budget, imagine what these guys will do on a AAA production. Can't wait. Please be spiritual successor to Mass Effect !

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I enjoyed Wasteland 3. The writing was fantastic. The amount of bugs in the game was shocking though. I hope they don't release a game in this state again.

Oct 30, 2017
Fargo rules.
While Wasteland 2/Torment/Bard's Tale IV were rough around the edges, I still love them completely, and the company still has heart/oldschool feel coming through.
Super happy for them.

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Maybe they make a Bethesda-style Wasteland similar to how Avowed is a Bethesda-style Pillars of Eternity. Wasteland 3 is one of my favorite games this year.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
The quality of wasteland 3 bodes well for the studio, can't wait to see what they'll make next. I wish Numenera would be looked at again now with an actual budget, so many things cut in that game.

Bunkles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope it includes a q&a department.

tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
When you play Planescape: Torment (it's an old game so you should be able to get it fairly cheap), be sure to look up the optimal build for the game. You should play the game as a mage - not because of combat (not very much of that in the game anyway) but because you get so much more out of the game with the proper stats.

I played it a few years ago for the first time and it's still an awesome game.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Nice, this studio after Wastelands 3 can bring a lot of good stuff with MS support behind them.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Fargo still retiring? This all started with that Wasteland 2 kickstarter basically. Good for them.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I can't believe people are through Wasteland 3 already. I feel like it's the only game I've been playing for the last 3 weeks, and I'm still on the level 6 missions (clearing out the Bizarre).

Either way, if the quality of writing and gameplay keeps up throughout (and it doesn't become totally broken unplayable mess), inXile might be one of the developers I'm most interested in the future of. I'm really excited to see what they do next.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Obsidian, Inexile, Undead Labs and Playground are the only reason im probably getting an Xbox this gen on top of a Ps5.

Amazing studio.