Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Some people were discussing in various threads but I figured I'd make a new one so everyone is aware

iOS 17
www.apple.com

iOS 17

iOS 17 brings new features for more expressive communication, simplified sharing, and a new full-screen experience for your iPhone.

iPadOS 17
www.apple.com

iPadOS 17

iPadOS 17 makes iPad more personal and capable, with a redesigned Lock Screen, interactive widgets, enhanced PDFs, and seamless sharing in Messages.

tvOS 17
www.apple.com

tvOS 17 available now, bringing FaceTime to Apple TV 4K

Apple TV 4K becomes an even more versatile living room device with the launch of FaceTime on tvOS 17 today.

watchOS 10
www.apple.com

watchOS 10

watchOS 10 delivers redesigned apps for more information at a glance. Advanced cycling metrics, insights for mental and vision health and more.

Will Law

Feb 5, 2021
Looking forward to the tvOS update. I think it will be way easier to pair headphones now. And the FaceTime feature is neat, too bad they didn't get this working at the start of Covid.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'll wait on iPadOS 17 until I know if it eats up more of the battery. I bought my M1 iPad Pro last year when 15 was the newest version and after I heard about issues concerning battery life I completely skipped 16.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
iPhone and Apple TV chilling in the preparing to update phase for a while now. Looks like it's getting close though.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Downloaded the Release Candidates on Saturday because I'm impatient.

Nothing mindblowing here, but little tweaks are always welcome.

FaceTime on Apple TV works well, but I'll need to find some way to mount my phone above the TV.

Have a clock perpetually chilling out in the upper right of the Apple TV Home Screen alone is nice.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Aw man, I just noticed my iPad is officially out of the support cycle. I've had it long enough bit still, le sad.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'll wait on iPadOS 17 until I know if it eats up more of the battery. I bought my M1 iPad Pro last year when 15 was the newest version and after I heard about issues concerning battery life I completely skipped 16.

Did the same with my ipad. Its one reason I always wait on ios updates to see how they work out.

ipadOS 15 already ruined the layout of icons they fixed when ipadOS originally launched, when you turn it horizontal vs vertical. Though not sure if that's actually been fixed already or not.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
What are your guys opinion on watchos10? Seems like its having a total huge makeover.

I currently have the watch 4 and im probably going to upgrade to the 10 next year or X, or whatever they will call it lol

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
So trying the standby mode and is the brightness supposed to be low and it's all red? I don't see where to change that. It's also very glitchy and most of the times it does not acitvate on my iphone12

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
So trying the standby mode and is the brightness supposed to be low and it's all red? I don't see where to change that. It's also very glitchy and most of the times it does not acitvate on my iphone12
It's meant to be a bed side clock, essentially. It lowers the brightness/turns red when the phone detects low light.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Have to wait until I get home - my phone has zero storage left (temp iPhone 13 mini 128GB with 2GB free, never again).

Almost tempted to wait until I get my 15 Pro 1TB on Friday but who am I kidding. :D

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Everything updated!

Quite like the Stand By feature. Looks pretty neat.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i think the ipad os 17 was already up since the day of the iphone/watch event. i had it downloaded since then but haven't really used it.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WatchOS update feels pretty good with control center being a button now

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Maybe hold off? I installed iOS 17 about 30 minutes ago—the battery was at 68% when it rebooted. I've done literally nothing except go into messages during the last half hour and the battery is currently sitting at 57% and the phone is baking. iPhone 13 mini

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like my iPad Pro 9.7 inch is now officially EOL for iPad OS updates. It had a good 7 year run. I bought an iPad Pro 12.9 last year.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Looks like my iPad Pro 9.7 inch is now officially EOL for iPad OS updates. It had a good 7 year run. I bought an iPad Pro 12.9 last year.

Only have a Pro 9.7 and just found out 2 days ago I wouldn't be getting any new iPadOS updates after 16. That sucks, but as you said 7 years of support was nice.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Journal app is the thing I'm waiting for, disappointed it didn't make launch. I've been holding off starting Day One Apple unveiled theirs.