• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
So I keep getting a pop-up only on resetera saying "Do you want to download ids?", and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what it is and how to stop it? Happens on every page on resetera.

Edit: All better. Just stopped happening.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Psychotron

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I've seen anything like this. Contact an admin, perhaps?

xa90niQ.png

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen this but in the past I've seen stuff like this. Hasn't happened in quite a long while though.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on the newest OS and I have never seen that pop on my phone ever.

According to a quick google search it seems to be an ad-related JavaScript problem............might want to let the mods know that there is something wrong with some of the mobile ads

I would check to see what ads are running when that message pops Psychotron

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Sounds like some ad was trying to stealthily download a file in the background, presumably in hopes of the browser or OS being set up to automatically run it, but Safari on both iOS and macOS has built-in protections where it will now let you choose, on a per-website basis, whether to allow downloads from a site, deny them, or ask every time.

I bet whatever it was wouldn't even do anything to your iPhone anyway. It's not like you can install an app from a website in iOS. If anything it would go into your phone's Downloads folder and just sit there if you'd allowed it to.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This kept popping up while I was trying to read a review somewhere else tonight. I just left the site and blacklisted it.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So our front end team was trying to address a problem with ads shifting around content on desktop, and the fix ended up introducing new problems like this. The changes have been reverted until we can figure out what went wrong, so this shouldn't be happening anymore. If you experience anything like this please let us know in the ad reporting thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.