• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
12 Pro has an hour less of battery life than the 11 Pro.

ltWuJvi.png

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
can't decide between Pro Max or Pro... I have Pro Max now and it is big and I like using it but it sucks for gimbal filming

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
So it seems like AT&T and Verizon have some good deals when purchased through Apple and you trade in through the carrier

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Most chargers are usb type a to lightning, these new phones come with sub type c to lightning, so they'll be incompatible unless they already have a usb c wall charger on hand. I would have to buy a new adapter if I were to get this phone.

Ugh, my car only has USB A. How is that going to work for Carplay?

EDIT: Thanks, I get it. Lightning to USB A will still work as before.

Last edited:

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That mini battery life 😭 of course there's always a downside.

Damn, yeah the mini being later kinda sucks. Gonna be getting an iPhone, PS5 and Xbox same week basically. I'd like the drop the price on my iUP program with the mini.

I guess I'll have a few days to decide.
A new iPhone and a PS5 is a great week.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't quite get MagSafe. Will this make it "lock on" to all wireless chargers? Will it still be able to do that if I have a case that isn't a MagSafe case? Like a Pela case?

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm usually a red kinda guy but that dark blue 12 is making me torn...

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Don't know between the Pro and the Max. An extra X zoom ain't gonna make me care. But the size is obvs the selling point (and slightly better battery). However the weight isn't pleasing.

Really glad these are base 128gb storage tho.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Can any of you savvy apple people help with a question? My wife would like the 12 mini (and I probably will eventually too) and would likely want a leather case like the one she's been using with her 2015 SE. I don't see a leather case on the Apple webpage at the moment. Does Apple still do the leather cases? Could they come out later on?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
This was XS levels of boring to me. Flat edges feel like they're retreading old ground. Reminds me of my ancient work SE.
Feels like it's gonna take a couple of years till Apple is going to put out a phone that'll make me upgrade from my 11 Pro Max. Normally they get me at least on some bullshit that makes me eye the new models but this year there was nothing.

Hope Apple Silicon Macs will be more exciting.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So I have 6 months left on my XS Max and saw the AT&T offer.

Shame it's only for the base model and not truly free because you get hit with the taxes. For me it would come down to my balance vs the tax. I assume they would wipe my balance or would I keep my balance AND pay taxes while getting locked in another 2.5 years.

Sounds like too much of a risk. Going to just buy outright if I decide I need a new phone, which honestly I don't.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have 6 months left on my XS Max and saw the AT&T offer.

Shame it's only for the base model and not truly free because you get hit with the taxes. For me it would come down to my balance vs the tax. I assume they would wipe my balance or would I keep my balance AND pay taxes while getting locked in another 2.5 years.

Sounds like too much of a risk. Going to just buy outright if I decide I need a new phone, which honestly I don't.

It's like that regardless though no matter the phone or carrier. You always have to pay the taxes up front.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm planning to get the iPhone 12 Pro Max but might have to do some housekeeping with my current phone (iPhone 7 Plus 256GB) so I don't need to spend more for a 512GB model. I'll want to do some photo editing with the 12 Pro and wonder how much more space it'll use shooting in RAW. The upgraded video features might want me to dabble more into that stuff as well.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the first time I will a buy a phone immediately after pre orders open...

So what is the situation like? Hard to get like the ps5? Sold out for a while etc?

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
Just to point out the ridiculous Apple India launch pricing of last year and this year devices.

iPhone 11 64GB = 65000 = $885
iPhone 12 64GB = 80000 = $1090

iPhone 11 Pro 256GB = 114000 = $1550
iPhone 12 Pro 256GB = 130000 = $1770

iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB= 124000 = $1690
iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB = 140000 = $1905

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
It's like that regardless though no matter the phone or carrier. You always have to pay the taxes up front.

Figured that part but wondered if there was some kind of a difference since you're actually performing a trade in rather than an upgrade.

Ive never traded in a device so I would upgrade. Ive always had paid off devices and later upgraded and kept my old devices.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is the first time I will a buy a phone immediately after pre orders open...

So what is the situation like? Hard to get like the ps5? Sold out for a while etc?

No clue. It's gonna be difficult to judge due to covid. Like Apple has basically all of their stores closed world wide. So I assume that means those units will mean extra online stock.

How will this work for carrier stores? Will Apple hold stock back so they can stock their own stores when they open?

It's kinda the wild Wild West this year.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I have the 11 and I'll likely just wait until my co tract is up this time next year and get the next Mini 13... but I'll wait and see how battery reviews go for the 12 in the meantime. The mini is like the perfect iPhone size and shape for me (I love the cases that fit these squared off phones). It's just perfect.. if the battery life is good. I'm too used to the iPhone 11 all day and-then-some battery, not sure I could go back to a phone that lasts hours less.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
No clue. It's gonna be difficult to judge due to covid. Like Apple has basically all of their stores closed world wide. So I assume that means those units will mean extra online stock.

How will this work for carrier stores? Will Apple hold stock back so they can stock their own stores when they open?

It's kinda the wild Wild West this year.
Being a tech enthousiast this year is some hardknock life shit.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Decided I'll get the 6.1 inch in blue. Mini is super fucking tempting but I been using the X for 3 years, I'm used to the size. Will be hard to downgrade screen size. But love the size of the mini and glad they're offering it.