• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.apple.com/iphone-x/

6y1gL5z.png

SPECS

edug3OZ.png

Banner Credit: bananas

RayFoxII

Oct 25, 2017
California
Can't wait to not have to pull off my gloves in the winter (or have to fiddle around entering my passcode) just to use ApplePay or look up a map real quick. Or not having to worry about my thumb being slightly sweaty in the summer causing TouchID not to work. Hope FaceID is as good as Apple claims.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how quickly you can bring up app switcher. Every video seems like you have to hold it a sec which is pretty lame.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
What's the consensus on setting up as a new iPhone vs restoring from iCloud backup of my previous phone (7+)?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Friday can't come soon enough.

Getting the Silver 256GB. Probably not even going to fill up 50% of that space, but whatevs. Got really tired of having a full phone for years/

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It really isn't that much work. I'll set up my new phone fresh, without using a back up from icloud. It may take some time setting all the apps up and stuff but eh.

My phone usually has a lot of apps on it (currently at 215) so downloading all those and setting them all back up is a huge hassle. But I do it anyway.

I'll restore a backup if it's the same model of phone (like if my iPhone gets replaced due to damage/warranty) but not when I upgrade.

What they made it slower? Ios 9 to 10 they sped up the animations, now they regressed?

Fwiw I haven't noticed a difference in animation speed under normal circumstances. It'll be slower if you have a triple-tap action turned on because it waits a beat to see if there's a third press, but if that's not enabled I find it the same on 11 as it was on 10

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Preordered Space Grey 256 like 2 minutes after preorders went up. Was originally given a 11/10-11/17 delivery window. By Friday night my order got bumped up to launch day. After buying the Plus sized phones the past 3 years, I know the X will take some getting used to, but I am excited for it and a new form factor.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the T-Mobile model at full $999 price. Someone please reassure me -- it will work on an AT&T MVNO (Cricket), right?

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Space Grey 64gb coming from T-Mobile Nov 3, and a K11 bumper coming next week. So hype to finally upgrade from a 6 Plus.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Mine is in (or recently left) China.
For those wanting to look before getting a tracking number:
  • Go to UPS
  • Go to tracking
  • Click "Track by Reference"
  • Enter your phone number (no dashes)
  • Click track
It won't always show up, but mine did. Was in China yesterday morning, so likely on a plane.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Still stuck with a November 17th - 24th order of the 64GB Silver, because the Apple Store app didn't let me into my pre-approval until a quarter after the hour.

First iPhone launch I've missed ever, having had a 4S, 5, 6 Plus, and 7 Plus.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Phone looks so much better in these videos than in the press material imo. Can't wait to see it in person.

Oct 25, 2017
So when reviews?

Curious if ios 11 is more stable on the x. Heard nightmare stuff with the update for older and the new iPhone 8.

Theres been a few updates though. Is it better?

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Wife gets hers (256 gb Silver) on Friday. Don't get mine (256 gb Space Gray) until December thanks to hours of errors while trying to verify my Sprint info. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Lol they fired the dad of that youtuber who blogged her visit to Apple last week and posted iphone x footage.

Wonder if the viral video was worth it.

crustikid

Oct 29, 2017
256 space grey, here I come!

They need to do more previews/reviews/unboxing with the space grey model.

Biggest concern is the decrease in battery life, but iOS 11 on my 7+ has probably already conditioned me for that experience.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking to get a bumper case for this. Is there a particular model or manufacturer that people rely on or recommend?

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
setting up as a new phone seems utterly crazy to me.. "I am going to just completely ignore one of the greatest and most useful features of the iOS ecosystem because why not?"

an android guy the other day just lamented how he hates getting new phones because "you have to set everything back up again".. now I don't know ow accurate that is or not on android... but it goes to show... if it's an option, wouldn't people be absolutely ecstatic to use it???

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if I can even restore from icloud backup. Gave my iphone to my mom earlier this year so my backup is still ios 10.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are demo models at Apple stores now?

Not until Friday

setting up as a new phone seems utterly crazy to me.. "I am going to just completely ignore one of the greatest and most useful features of the iOS ecosystem because why not?"

an android guy the other day just lamented how he hates getting new phones because "you have to set everything back up again".. now I don't know ow accurate that is or not on android... but it goes to show... if it's an option, wouldn't people be absolutely ecstatic to use it???

Tbh I'll probably give up the practice now that I'm not running betas anymore. It's the leftover beta crap that I seek to get rid of every fall, since I usually run summer betas.