• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
One of the best games ever made. If it had been made by one of the big three it would have won every award imaginable and treated like the second coming of Christ.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
As in you're paying them $20 for it? Not worth.

If it's them paying you $20 to play it then... maybe?

Alvaro

Feb 13, 2019
Is the DLC worth it? I just ordered this through amazon and the DLC is more expensive than the base game. Should i wait for a DLC sale?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Very much yes, ive played every AC, my favourite were 2 and BH and the ones i hated 1 and 3. Now for me, odyssey is the best AC has ever been.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Is the DLC worth it? I just ordered this through amazon and the DLC is more expensive than the base game. Should i wait for a DLC sale?
How much is the season pass going for currently? I think it's quite the nice package, since it includes the three chapters of Legacy of the First Blade and the upcoming Fate of Atlantis expansion, plus Assassin's Creed 3 and Liberation remastered. Better than picking the DLC piecemeal, I think.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Not a perfect game and it has some flaws but it has lots of content for your bucks. It's also very polished and even if you don't manage to get through all the theme park tropes and even not finish the game, you get many hours of joy with this one – especially for 20 bucks.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Yes.
No grind if you actually play the game rather than try and mainline certain things.
Super game, and I dislike most ACs.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
It's great. Beautiful game, tons of content, fun combat and exploration. At some point, it will get boring but you'll have gotten your money's worth by then.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I loved it. I really liked that at several times you could make what is normally the right good guy decision and things would still turn out bad. It really made me think about what I chose to say.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
It's a superb game and it has easily a hundred hours worth of great content if you choose to explore it.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was worth the ultimate edition price I paid for it. It's madness if you can get it for $20 I would in a second.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is the tenth time we have had this exact same thread for this game....

But yes, if you like open world action RPG games, then AC Odyssey is worth 20 dollars and more.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I'm thinking about getting it now too. Does anyone know if this is a sale price or is this just how much the game costs new now?

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
The continued devaluation of games is so sad to see. Gamers are so spoilt that questions like these are not uncommon. Yes, a well reviewed, AAA game with 60+ hours of content and regular free updates is worth 20 dollars. If we are being fair, then it should be worth more than 60.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the best Witcher 3-lite out there. Grinding really isn't an issue if you dabble in sidequests (some of there are really good but they're not all great). It has some issues (the world might be a tad too big and the mercenaries can be quite annoying) but it's a great game.

It's also a better Bioware game than all Bioware games since Mass Effect 2.

Shogeki

Banned
Oct 15, 2018
I totally just got this game for free from msi for buying a motherboard. Glad to hear it's a great game.

Nov 28, 2017
it's Origins except green instead of yellow.

i thought it was a no brainer for me to buy with how much there'd be to do, but i got completely bored because all the stuff there is to do is the same 6 things, just copy pasted into a grind.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I just beat the game today, besides the *spoiler* to continue, but the main game I beat. One of the best games this generation. Ending was slightly disappointing, but everything else was top notch. Kassandra was freakin awesome. Oh after beating the main game, I dont want to fight this cave monster that instantly regains health, for 30 minutes, thats not fun Ubisoft. That was a downer for me, destroying castles with 4 bounties is fun.

BTW, I have 4 peeps in front of me in mercenaries, anything cool happens if I take them out? and become Number 1?

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I picked it up for $30, and while I've had a hard time getting into it just because there's so much other stuff competing for my attention, it's an absolute steal at $20. Definitely jump on that deal.

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game is amazing really under rated. If any one other than Ubisoft made it it would would be a classic this gen.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Its worth the full price @ $60, so easily @ $20. The microtransactions while annoying were really blown up as they don't effect the game whatsoever.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Early on advice, get where you can summon a mercenary, even for 30 seconds, helps with the bounty hunters greatly. When trying to rob a fort, cause much damage, have everyone chase you, disappear, go back and loot and set fire to shit, while they are lookin for you. God, I love this game. so many different ways to beat the game.

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
35 hours in and yeah it's very worth it for $20.

I actually dropped it after 20 hours and just picked it back up in the last week. I suggest doing the same and taking a break if you ever tire of the quest loop in the game. Also just focus on the gold exclamation mark quests as those are the ones with actual story in them.

Doing a complete respec of stats and abilities, really focused on maximizing just one of my trees and damage types, made my character a god and now I'm highly enjoying it.