• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwR_Vu6FSYY

cf2.gif

I dare ANYONE to find me a better headshot than this is any film or show...

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's also the triumphant moment where Char stops dicking around and trying to murder a teenager.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
KdlzrhB.gif

Edit: Anime is Space Runaway Ideon. I should've just included the name in this post from the start.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There's one more Tomino headshot that's immediately coming to my mind but I think it draws out very different emotions.

EDIT: Oh, that's the one.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Why does his torso jump back like it's surprised by the beheading lol šŸ˜‚

We're not concerned with physics here. ;)

Random Mook Solider vs Girl Hitler?

If it's about most deserving headshots, that's a different matter. But that's the first one that came to mind cause you don't generally think of cannonball shots bouncing around and lopping off heads, even though a great deal of their danger came from their erratic trajectory and their ability to keep a disturbing amount of momentum going.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What is this from? I want to say it's also from Gundam but there were a lot of "copycats" in terms of space suits from this era of anime.
Space Runaway Ideon, specifically the movie Be Invoked. It's the next thing that the Gundam folks did back in the early days when Gundam was a failure.

It's partly animated by the people who make Hello Kitty.

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We're not concerned with physics here. ;)

If it's about most deserving headshots, that's a different matter. But that's the first one that came to mind cause you don't generally think of cannonball shots bouncing around and lopping off heads, even though a great deal of their danger came from their erratic trajectory and their ability to keep a disturbing amount of momentum going.

I mean, you don't expect a goddamn bazooka to decapitate someone before exploding and killing everyone else, either.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
God this movie was the very definition of "trying too hard to be cool."

Especially when they weave in (sorry) a PROPHETIC LOOM. ...

I can't believe I'm the 33rd post and no one has fucking mentioned:

dodge-this-the-matrix.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZuqWIH_2k8

It's this one. Carrie Ann Moss absolutely kills it as Trinity, going between a hard attitude to genuine sincerity so perfectly. Plus, she kick butt.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I mean, you don't expect a goddamn bazooka to decapitate someone before exploding and killing everyone else, either.

True, but cannonballs bouncing and decapitating people or blasting off their torso is not only plausible but actually happened.

There are even historical contemporary reports that some unfortunate fools tried to stop a cannonball seemingly slowly rolling across the ground with their foot and then found themselves missing a leg.

Horrific weapon.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
*googles*
damn how can people watch this, goddamn just the summaries are depressing
You know how in Evangelion the director went through severe depression and the series goes to hell at the end?

Weirdly, that's probably inspired by Ideon. They even had the same release pattern. TV series with a truncated ending, compilation movie (A Contact Vs. Death and Rebirth), then a movie that retells the ending and makes it even bleaker (Be Invoked Vs. End of Evangelion).

It's so far only appeared twice in Super Robot Wars, both at the ends of sagas, because when you include Ideon you have to include the ending, and there's no way to follow up that ending with another game.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You know how in Evangelion the director went through severe depression and the series goes to hell at the end?

Weirdly, that's probably inspired by Ideon. They even had the same release pattern. TV series with a truncated ending, compilation movie (A Contact Vs. Death and Rebirth), then a movie that retells the ending and makes it even bleaker (Be Invoked Vs. End of Evangelion).
Maybe I am just weird, but there is something about the old school anime styles that make shit hit harder. Like from 60s to mid 90s.

Oct 8, 2019
Wtf is that!

--------

Ops probably right though. I also like that it's a clean shot.
We're not looking for bloodiest headshot ever here.

Space Runaway Ideon a children's show from 1980 that was cancelled because of the large amount of violence that caused the target audience to not watch it, basically it was an anime about how war eventually leads to the destruction of humanity and the alien race the Buff Clan.

s-l1600.jpg

Due to the success of the reruns and film version of Gundam, it was decided to finish the series with To Be invoked where all of humanity and Buff clan die, and are reborn on Earth revealing that Ideon takes place in the past and not the future. The surreal ending where the naked ghosts of everyone fly off as children sing happy birthday is one of the main inspirations for Neon Genesis Evangelion.