HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
DBFZ_Frieza_Portrait.png

The legend himself. Easily the most iconic Dragonball villian and a icon of 90s anime.

Dragonball is one of the most popular anime series in the west, only behind Naruto and Pokemon, and I feel for the younger generation, he is the Darth Vader of anime, meaning that he is the most iconic anime villian of all time, similar to how Darth Vader is one of the most iconic movie villians of all time.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think Dragon Ball Super has definitely elevated him to a point where he is unrivaled in anime, yes. Freeza is just superb.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Freeza is the iron man of the MCU. If it weren't for him who knows if dragonall Z would have exploded.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No.

Frieza is the Malcolm Merlyn of Dragon Ball.

ar413b0549bjpg.jpeg

They both overstayed their welcome.

Edit:

Strictly in terms of being an icon, then it's certainly possible. Frieza is definitely one of the most iconic, if not the most, iconic anime/manga villains of all time.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Do you think Dio Brando should be compared to Freiza in terms of popularity and the amount of the influence they have on their respective series

tenor.gif

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Wait what, you think Dragonball is less popular than Naruto in the west?

What in the world?

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Can I remind you all that Vader, from the time he turned to just moments before his death, never really had much agency in the movies. He was just a goon, basically hired muscle, that did the bidding of the real bad guy Palpatine.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dio much better than Frieza. Even after he's gone, he could still be a threat should he appear to any part's cast. Frieza jobbed out immediately the next arc.

Freeza has a higher kill count, but Dio is simply a better villan.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah.

That's closer to the Emperor if anything.

Also Berserk is't nearly as popular as it ought to be either.

Agreed with both statements.

That being said, Griffith is more evil than anyone in the Star Wars universe. That beautiful piece of shit.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's either Vegeta or Freiza. Every other anime isn't as popular or widely known. Plus, no one really cares for Cell or that shit anyway cause I'd wager a large sum that a lot of folks didn't bother past Frieza.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I agree on Char as the closest thing we have to Vader in anime, and not just because they both wear helmets, and it takes place in space.