• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I have had dreams where I know I'm dreaming and then control the dream wayyyy too often. I honestly don't know why or how they happen.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing it's normal. It happens to me a lot too, I'm so used to it. It's fun when you're in total control and you can do whatever you want or have anything you think of appear in front of you in the dream state, or travel through walls in places you can imagine lol, pretty cool.

Edit: I'm also referring to dreams where you are aware of that you are dreaming and then you can take control of what's happening. Don't know if that's what Lucid Dreams are tho

Last edited:

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Have to imagine it is. I feel like my brain's been broken for at least half a decade. But before that—did this plenty. If "lucid dream" is the term for a dream in which you are aware you are dreaming, then all my dreams are lucid dreams. At least those I remember. I barely ever remember dreams anymore.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've had to do a lot of effort to get some lucid dreams, stuff like reality check every so often throughout the day, and when I stopped making those effort, I very rarely had one again.
That was about 8/10 years ago so maybe I should try anew.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's indicative of anything—it probably isn't—but I wouldn't say it's "normal" to lucid dream constantly. I would say the average person has very few of them.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Rarely do I have lucid dreams, but just this past week alone I have dreams every night now where before I on a rare occassion would have any kind of dream. Maybe it is just the change in weather where I live.

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
0f33404e614ffad772cb4abbaeadc5ef.png

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You're extremely lucky if you get to experience them every night, but there isn't anything to worry about.

A lot off people only experience them once in a blue moon, and some are biologically incapable of dreaming.

So enjoy OP. It's basically the closest thing to True VR we can have

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I get it once a week.

Sometimes it's fun, but other times not so much...

Funniest thing about my dreams is that they sometimes continue from the previous night or from a night years ago. Brains are weird.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
MaybeI play too much video games but I feel like the majority of my dreams are like that these days

Devour

Nov 1, 2017
I believe playing games contribute to lucid dreams. When we play we "move" without moving in simulations. When you realize you in a dream we use our gaming mind to control our dreams more readily. we kinda train for these situations.

sckathian

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 25, 2021
I mean it's not normal in that it's not average but it's perfectly normal health wise.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
when I was a kid this would happen because I had chronic nightmares. Every night I would know for certain I was about to have another nightmare. So when the dream started I'd be like "yep, here we go again"

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I've had dreams where I "wake up" in my dream and therefore I'm unable to wake up irl even though I know that I'm asleep, so I'm paralysed, my eyes become so heavy that I can't open them.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I've had one lucid dream in my life while I had a high fever. It was the best, and I wish I could experience it again.

Give me your powers OP.

Aug 30, 2020
I had periods of my life where I had this almost every night, although my control / fulfillment wasn't absolute and that would disappointment. A lot of 'wet noodle' effects where things I wanted to manifest came out half-baked (which also reflected the state of my life at the time very much I suppose).

Flygon

Oct 28, 2017
You'll know it's normal when you're so unimaginative with the process, you end up discussing with the director that's suppose to be directing the dream, and negotiating how much control they have verses how much control you yourself has.

It's a contentious relationship.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i get it the night after being drunk. i'm trying to quit drinking buti get very intense dreams when sobering up but i'm always aware i'm dreaming

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
last night. i ended up waking up multiple times because my body thought it was time to to work (that and i had my windows open so it was like 40F with fan on lol)

anyways, i went back to sleep and was dreaming. at one point i was like "i know this is a dream" i usually go into lucid state without fail. so i spent whatever time i had trying to get into that state by telling myself its a dream. but it didn't work.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Not so sure if I got a lucid dream, I once realized that I am in a dream and could control it. That somehow was to exhausting for me so I decided to let the dream gain control again. Not sure if that really was lucid dreaming or dreaming about lucid dreaming.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
When you guys say you realize your dreaming and now can control everything that happens, I'd like examples of what you do in the dreams. I have never had a dream like that, kind of jealous.