• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

The art from Shinkawa looks at first like it could be from Death Stranding, but on further inspection I don't think the characters are from any known game.

There are of course a lot of rumors regarding Kojima Productions, from a cloud based game for Microsoft, the revival of Silent Hills for Sony/Konami, Death Stranding 2, and who knows what else?

Last edited:

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Kojima confirmed during his brief appearance during TGAs that he would be back there next year in person. Possible just as a guest, but seems like for a new project

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yes he is making Metal Gear Solid arabic numeral 5. You heard it here first.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Not everything Kojima tweets about is a tease. I remember a couple of times he said something in the past and people would lose their shit with speculation and it turned out he was talking about a movie or some music he was listening to.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the same thing OP. The cards from previous years were Male Ludens, female Ludens and death stranding, right?

My bet is some designs for DS2.

mutt

Dec 28, 2020
blue character in the center with two figures splitting away and heading towards green.

likely symbolizes Kojima's departure from Sony and heading towards Microsoft.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shinkawa's style is amazeballs. It feels a bit wrong that Kojima has an almost monopoly on the guy

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Kojima confirmed during his brief appearance during TGAs that he would be back there next year in person. Possible just as a guest, but seems like for a new project

I mean it's a safe bet that he's currently working on a new game, but whether or not this has anything to do with it is another question

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
I refuse to believe Del Toro would bring up Silent Hill without hinting that it is back in production with Kojima. If he/they were just fucking with us, that's just… so not cool.

Telamon

Banned
May 25, 2020
It probably is nothing, but crazier things have been hinted at on Christmas cards. Nintendo-owned Rare sending out a Christmas card showing presents under a tree in the shape/colours of all of the (then) current gen consoles with the tagline "surprises under every tree" comes to mind, as it was a year before Microsoft's acquisition (we later found Activision were the likely buyers at some point, hence all the different consoles).

So you never know.