BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how anyone can say it was unnecessary, or that any of it was out of nowhere. All development with Eleven happens in this episode and it makes complete sense. It's not a backdoor pilot, but set-up for another storyline for next season (of which I believe the Duffers intend to be the last, based on their Nerdist interview).

It's Eleven finding her purpose and resolve in a powerful way. I really enjoyed it. It was a break, sure, but a break that worked. To emotionally prepare us for the grand finale.

I loved it.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The more the show strays from small town trappings towards X-men lite, the less interested I am in it. It's pretty embarrassing that the directors specifically referenced Terminator 2 as their template. T2 wouldn't be T2 if it contained as much fluff and wasted screen time as Stranger Things S2.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Other than the cute visual easter eggs to Grant Morrison's "The Invisibles," I hated everything about that episode. I'm guessing it was there to set up some plot points for Season 3, but it felt really out of place.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I liked it, y'all are a bunch of haters!!

My guess is they're setting up the sister to come back, and I like this better than just dropping her in somewhere in S3.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno, I liked it. It reminded me of an iconic type of scene that happened in the 80's a lot where the main character goes all "badass". Like when Storm showed up with the mohawk for the first time in the comics.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It doesn't help that I think genuinely everyone, including Kali, in the Chicago crew is played by an absolutely terrible actor each.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Season 2 of Stranger Things was so much of a retread of Season 1 that even if I personally didn't love that episode, I can't hate it because at least it was the only one that felt different.

Oct 26, 2017
Hated it. Retroactively made me lukewarm on Season 2 (spent too much time on the nostalgic teen drama aspect and too little on horror for my taste, hope S3 turns that around).

bohex1984

Oct 27, 2017
Need to see next season to really make a judgement, but taking the actual moment I watched it, yeah, it was quite a surprising episode in a bad way, especially because it was a huge interruption to the flow the season was carrying.

Sly Chimera

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lost1.jpg
That flashback was brilliant because it was so pointless when you saw Jack's next flashback you groaned and were not ready for the flash forward

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I must be in the minority. I liked it. The rest of the season felt like a repeat of the previous season, where this was the only one with an actual expansion.

In the end, I liked that episode and it's direction than the smoke monster and tremors 2 style hoard of dog demogorgons. My expectations were probably too high hoping the giant creature was some overlord intelligent kaiju.

Maybe I just have bad tastes.

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
It was actually one of the best because it was such a change of pace.

Took her out of her element and stepped outside of the small town surburbia nerd masturbation and into a colder world where people are focused on surviving not planning the next d&d sleepover.

It shows how powerful eleven could conceivably be how resolute she is as far as where she wants to be, and sets up a show down with her foster sister in a future season.

Last edited:

FreDre

Apr 10, 2018
Argentina
It was necessary for Eleven's character growth, but yeah.
I understand why people didn't liked its execution.
Could have been better.