Is it?

• What a beast!

Votes: 281 44.3%
  • What an ugly beast!

Votes: 270 42.5%
  • I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Votes: 84 13.2%

• Total voters

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
ps3grill.jpg

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In terms of ugly: PS5 >>> PS2 > OG PS3 >= PS1
PS4 looks nice, and the PS3 Slim is OK.

The best looking Sony consoles were the handhelds, all amazing: PSP Go > Vita > OG PSP

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
I actually really like the design (still have my 80GB model), but I always found it funny that people went nuts about the size of the OG Xbox One when this thing is pretty much the same size.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I think it is Sony's worst console.

Ugly, Huge dimensions but with crap performance even back in 2007, terrible reliability and that Spiderman font, ugh. The Slim was a massive improvement.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
the only premium game console to ever exist

shit just screams elegance

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I thought PS3 Phat looked incredible day one. Slim was ugly though.

But I'm also a crazy man and think PS5 looks really sharp. Especially the more I look at it.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Imo THAT looks more futuristic than what we got yesterday. I love OG PS3. Beefy, expensive, chunky, but man what a machine, the design speaks exactly what it is.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
it's a beast. Look at all those ports. It's probably heavier than your tv these days. Game machines try to give you less and less ports today but this thing went all out with card readers and pc controller support. I guess a simple ethernet port is a luxury these days? lol.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Never owned an OG PS Triple and I imagine it was a dust, scratch and fingerprint magnet but I always thought it looked classy and premium. That Yakuza 3 limited edition in particular is the sexiest console of all time:
18j21oniivdopjpg.jpg

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Oh man I really miss the touch buttons. So stylish and worked so well. Something about the PS4's just feel tacky, and idk what's even going on with the Pros because they're not even really buttons but they kinda press? Weird.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
The buttons were awful. Need actual buttons.

It was so big and bulky. I think PS5 takes the cake in ugliness though.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the PS3 design. As people have said, it looked and felt like a premium product.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I loved it and bought it. I thought it was futuristic looking and a fantastic BD-Player. I hated the slim console.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The PS3 was ugly af. And I'll always think of it as the Spiderman font lol.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Slim was what it should've looked like from launch, lord the original and Super Slim both look terrible.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I like that Sony goes out there with their designs. I prefer the more clean look that Xbox is going for but Sony's consoles always grow on me. It happened with the PS3 and it is already happening with the PS5.

Just talking about the PS3 though, you know which one really grew on me? The PS3 super slim. Idk why but something about how small it is compared to the others really attracts me to it. I also think the mechanical disc flap is pretty neat.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
It's without question their ugliest design. Like everything else from the mid-2000's (fashion, design, and overall aesthetics), it was an ugly transition period as we escaped the 90's and approached the 2010s.

this is without question an outrageous post
the fat lady was the best Playstation design

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I am appalled at the poll results. That thing is a beauty. Both the Spider-Man font and the machine itself.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I will defend the Super Slim due to the fact it's a top loader. Best PS3 version.

I hated how heavy the OG PS3 was, having to lug it around to my friends house to play co-op was painful.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I LOVE the PS3 Phat.. it's gorgeous, sexy, curvy, in every place that matters. Just the way I like it. 🙂

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Hefty, piano black, chrome trim, full BC across multiple generations, tons of ports, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. It was over-engineered for sure, but it definitely looked like something well worth the $600. It got worse (and lost features) with every subsequent redesign.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
It looked better with the PS3 boomerang controller in front of it like I originally saw walking out of the 2005 E3 Sony theater when it was in the glass case...

Granted, I had just seen the infamous Killzone 2 trailer and the original FFVII Remake teaser, so my opinion on how good the hardware looked might have been rose tinted at the time.

The design aesthetic of the PS3 hasn't aged well in my opinion... and the Spider-Man movie font was never a good choice.

Edit: the PS3 slim tho was very good looking...