• PS2

Votes: 7 0.3%
  • Other (Describe if possible)

Votes: 147 5.9%

• Total voters

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
Edit: Forgot to add that if you prefer slightly larger thicker thumbpads you can buy third party thumb grips. Thats what I did and its perfect for me.

I just finished Control on the Series X and the game is amazing. I also can't help but think in terms of feel and look, the Series X controller is the best designed controller I've ever had. The ability to switch between rechargeable batteries and normal batteries is also a nice touch. It's not flawless imo because I prefer the placement of the thumbsticks like on the playstation and the rumble could possibly be better there as well. If I had to choose:

1.) Series X
2.) DualShock 4
3.) PS2
4.) PS1

In terms of look and feel, what are your top 5 all time controllers?

Last edited:

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Asymmetric sticks and perfect ergonomics. I personally don't care about gyro or rumble, so it's the best for me.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno
its probably my favorite

I wish it came with a rechargeable battery though

I like it over the dualsense by a fair margin. The dualsense is not a better controller in the hands than DS4 IMO.

Last edited:

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Dualsense might be my overall favorite but man the new Xbox controller is right up there. Crazy what a world of difference the relatively understated changes make.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. The DualSense makes it hard to want to go back to old controllers.

I think you should include the Switch Pro Controller in the poll as well.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I am still partial to the SNES controller because it did those 4 buttons in just the right place with the L and R on top. Such a profound shift in the industry.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The DualSense is my new favorite controller. It was held by the Wavebird, but it's been dethroned, finally.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to answer. The DualSense is definitely fantastic, but still has that "new" factor that would cloud a comparison. The XS controller is obviously just an iteration on the previous controller, but that was already one of the best controllers out there, and this one is just a little better, in pretty much every aspect.

And yes, although I don't even own an Xbox, I do have a Series X controller on my PC.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
DualSense is it for me

Symmetrical sticks and ergonomics feel better in my hands and that's before even mentioning cool features like the haptics or resistance triggers

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredible. Dpad is a huge leap over the One controller. I still find the Switch Pro controller to be the most comfortable but the D-pad is much worse than the new Xbox controller.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
It's a great controller but the Dualsense is amazing, also i don't like playing Fifa on it, i'm not a fan of the bumpers

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it's just an iteration on the XB1 controller which I've always been iffy on. For me the Switch Pro controller is a more comfy Xbox controller without analog triggers.

The DualSense is practically in another realm when I switch between the 3.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox still my favorite controller from an ergonomic perspective. Features aside, I think the PS5 controller is actually a bit of a downgrade from the PS4 in terms of comfort. It got just a tad too bulky. It's not too big for my hands, but it feels just on the edge of chunkier than it needs to me. Xbox controller fits like a glove, and asymmetrical sticks are and always have been much better than Playstation's layout.

Will need this poll in another couple years. DualSense still has that recency bias that tends to effect polls like this.

Also, OP should have been clearer that they seem to only be referring to comfort. Lots of people calling out DualSense features, which I don't think come into play in the OP's question

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ergonomics for me it's the best. Design-wise it's the Dual Sense. The Dual Sense is still comfortable and has a lot of excellent features, but I do admit that the Series X/S controller just feels the best in my hand.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Haven't touched the Series X revision, but I wasn't a fan of how the X1 controller felt. There was something about the bumpers that didn't feel right compared to how the 360 controller felt.

The Dualsense feels extremely nice so far, and has genuinely wowed me with how it's used some of its features in Astrobot and Spider-Man

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
It's a toss up between the Series controller and the Dualsense for me. Both feel amazing in my hands. The Dualsense has some mindblowing features that enhance my gaming experience if used in the right way by a dev, but I'm not the biggest fan of its d-pad. Honestly a Dualsense with the Series d-pad would be close to my dream controller. But both are amazing. I'm not too fussed about the whole asymmetric debate, I can quickly adapt to both styles of controllers so I also like to use both. Dualsense for all things PS5, Series controller for all things PC because I got the wireless dongle. The Switch Pro Controller is also great.

Oct 27, 2017
I know my fav is not part of this poll but I've held but not played with the series x controller but i own and play with an elite series 2 on Destiny 2 on pc and i cannot play without it. I use it for all games on steam and its amazing.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I have yet to try XSX's and the Dualsense, but for me it's still the 360 one, simple but it just works, I also like the DS4 but a little less than 360's.
Maybe I would have to play with XONE's for more time to have a better opinion on it, used like 5~6 times, but this shit is too expensive so I will keep my old 360's for a while.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't used the series x or ps5 controller so I can't say for sure, but I did vote for the xbox one controller. The reason being I think its best for the most amount of games I could play. Other controllers have a thing or two which makes them worse for certain types of games.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
It's the goat definitely. Which surprised me. Ms did not hype the controller up at all. It's fantastic. Love it.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
The D-pad on the Series controller puts it below the Xbox One for me, it's a downgrade unfortunately.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
They all still have room for improvement, but dualsense is close to perfection.

all three including ds4 are good, there are no bad first party controllers but enough differences that Dualsense is easily number 1.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
DualSense has quickly become my favorite.
The DualSense is a nice upgrade from the DS4, but my hands get tired from holding it and I have pretty large hands. The Series X controller is much more comfortable and doesn't make my hands tired like the DualSense.

I wonder how many have tried both and not coming in with fanboy votes. I can guarantee not many have tried both that voted.

nawtt

Nov 7, 2017
The Pro controller used to be my favourite until I tried the Dualsense, easily my favourite controller now

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Feels good in the hand but I prefer symmetric thumbsticks for FPS. So dual sense has my preference.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
The DualSense is a nice upgrade from the DS4, but my hands get tired from holding it and I have pretty large hands. The Series X controller is much more comfortable and doesn't make my hands tired like the DualSense.

I wonder how many have tried both and not coming in with fanboy votes. I can guarantee not many have tried both that voted.
I have not tried the dual sense but I have seen a lot of people like you complaining about the ergonomics of it. I need a comfy controller! Especially as I get older. My hand starts to ache off the ergos are bad

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Feature wise I think dual sense controller, but is were talking straight basics, I'll go with the Series Controller.

Don't like the PS5 d-pad, but love the Series d-pad. The d-pad is a big deal for me due to the games I like to play. I also like the buttons more. Dual sense has better triggers

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
funny how 5 people voted for the ps4 because that's how many I went through and I don't even play many action games. that controller is garbage. meanwhile I bought a xbox one controller at launch, I've dropped it a bunch of times, and it's still kicking.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
where the hell is the gamecube controller

edit: wait, is the Xbox Series controller seriously running on AA batteries?! Still?! PLEASE tell me I'm mistaken. Honestly what in the fuck. This is likely a deal-breaker for someone who has been contemplating purchasing one.

Dec 11, 2017
I say this as someone who owns a bunch of Switch Pro Controllers: the Switch Pro Controller is practically a "Mad Catz" Xbox Series controller. No aspect of its design is superior to the Series controller. The reason why it gets such high praise is because the joycons are so crappy that it feels amazing in comparison.