UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
YRB2Q8J.jpg

oh I remember this.

Some Wii game ?

Nov 1, 2017
This shit was barely funny in 2012 when it was spouted exclusively by the whiniest members of the incredibly toxic BioWare social forums.

I keep seeing this. I know it's from a new Halo game but I can't for the life of me understand why everyone thinks it's so funny.
What's the context of the first one?
The second one is just a face/expression that clicked with people and it got turned into a meme.

confused-black-girl-meme.png

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've never seen this doggo before but I think the thing that makes him so funny to me is the ears. Like it wouldn't be a bad low-poly model otherwise, but those ears are just giant ass single shape slices of pizza.

And as others have endearingly pointed out he looks so happy and content with his low-poly life.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the list of those not getting the Halo reference. These others are at least numerous on their own with little context. Halo is just stoic alien guy face.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Dog from FF is more happy fun and cute than lol.

Is there a happier dog from a video game? I think not.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017

First time me and my buddy saw this, it was an old lady old but with a long fleshy neck, we had been playing on his 85" TV for hours on end near launch. Half way to delirium, it gave us cold chills and was one of the more frightening moments in gaming.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
What's the context of the first one?
The Mass Effect 3 endings were famously not well received, and while they definitely had problems, people blew it way out of proportion. The enemy in the gif is the last enemy you face before the ending, so the joke became "Marauder Shields tried to save us from the ending lolololol."

Nov 1, 2017
The Mass Effect 3 endings were famously not well received, and while they definitely had problems, people blew it way out of proportion. The enemy in the gif is the last enemy you face before the ending, so the joke became "Marauder Shields tried to save us from the ending lolololol."
Ah. I haven't played Mass Effect but I did watch the ending drama unfold. I can see why a shot like that would catch on at the time, I guess that's similar to the brute from Halo screen that you quoted since the origin definitely isn't good natured.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Even in some of my darkest times, the low-poly dog has never failed to make me laugh. The hands that made him may not be skilled, but he's so happy to be alive.