Yeah around issue 11 it got a new artist for a bit,
Honestly its not as bad as I feel it was but suddenly going from
Annual%2BAll-New%2BWolverine%2B%25231%2B%25282016%2529%2B-%2BPage%2B13.jpg

Who is this artist?

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Don't get me wrong I love Kirby (including the panels I posted), but I wonder what the reactions would be if were drawing a Marvel book today. I mean Marvel's not going to put Tom Scioli on Captain America or Avengers and Keith Giffen's OMAC series didn't sell.

I think Kirby would explode in today's market. Given the freedom to just be an artist, with the technology and time to concentrate on his pencils he would be just as big. I get why his work looks dated to some but there are few artists as creative as him.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The art compliments the tone. Squirrel Girl looks weird and goofy because, well, it's Squirrel Girl.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
Actually, this comic demonstrates what I don't like about the style. The eyes for SG and several other characters are way to big and circular. Combined with the dot pupils, it makes them look vacuous and "derpy". I mean, SG breaking out of a cage should appear either funny or badass, but the large eyes and misaligned pupils make her look unfocused with a lazy eye. Compared to Kraven, whose eyes are smaller and more naturally shapped, it's puts into perspective what I don't like about the art style.

Yup. Its awkward. She's awkward.

She's a total badass, who constantly punches way above her weight class in the most absurd ridiculous ways, and a total derp.

That's squirrel girl in a.... nutshell.

The art suits the character and her merry band of misfits.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Its awkward. She's awkward.

She's a total badass, who constantly punches way above her weight class in the most absurd ridiculous ways, and a total derp.

That's squirrel girl in a.... nutshell.

The art suits the character and her merry band of misfits.

Well what's likable about her is that she is able to talk reason to her opponents and try to find a compromise instead of just fighting. Doesn't always work, of course-but hey, she made friends of Kraven and Galactus.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Art is fine.

Shout out to post that alerted me to the fact that Mark Russel's new Snagglepuss comic is out. Love it.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Well what's likable about her is that she is able to talk reason to her opponents and try to find a compromise instead of just fighting. Doesn't always work, of course-but hey, she made friends of Kraven and Galactus.

She also made
Dino-Ultron
kind of redeemable in the end.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, I totally agree, she does looks very derpy, but I think she was meant to look derpy from day one. Which is nice, I can't think of a lot of female characters look like doofuses, so I for one am happy she stayed true to her roots.
FNF-SquirrelGirl1.jpg
Well she was created to rile comic bros up by giving them a new goofy character who wrecks Iron Man's and Doom's shit on her first appearance.

Holy shit, Squirrel Girl has an ongoing now? This looks great!
Oh boy, you got a nice number of issues to read of her series. One of the very best Marvel books every damn month.