• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there is worse stuff out there. That is why i view it more favourably by comparison. For me, it's especially the absence of a leeching camera, that is present in many other games. I don't know, I love jrpgs despite them objectifying woman at any chance they get. It just feels jarring to me, how often times the sexualization isn't even a trait of a character. Like the character wears the most revealing clothing, but holding hands is a step too far. There is often a disconnect there between the design and the personality of a character.

Deleted member 10293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That does excuse every game from pre-release criticism then.

And yes, I didn't play this game as Drakengard 3 already offended me enough, but I don't see how this excuses the dual standard for pre-release reaction to Nier and other games. Also strange to imagine that people say Yoko Taro is "based" because of his statements.
I didn't say it excused it, but the point of the thread is "is there a reason that she is exposed" and the reason is that the design directly ties into the themes of the game. Doesn't exactly excuse it, but it's completely relevant which is why the comparison to something like quiet, which doesn't tie into the themes of the game practically at all, is completely misguided and misses the point

The fact that you're missing how this "excuses" the criticism of the design whereas other games don't get that luxury is because those other games don't have the same situation with the design

This is less related but even though Drakengard and Nier are both done by the same person and are technically in the same universe, the way that they deliver their message is incredibly different and cover totally different issues. I know my word doesn't mean much but I just wanted you to know

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Making an executive decision and locking this thread. While there's some potential for a legitimate discussion about this, this thread fell off of that opportunity a bit ago, and I don't see it getting back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.