• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are by far the most tempting when it comes to getting fast food. I can get a large Powerade and fries for 2 bucks. It seems like they always have a deal on their chicken sandwich after I finally tried the spicy one (meh).

Meanwhile the Arby's app never has deals. Subway (ugh) is expensive even with discounts. Burger King is damn near malware. It is the only app that would send me text messages even after opting out, and would occasionally crash back to my home screen, until I uninstalled that shit.

Is there any other restaurant app that is worth the download?

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
There's a buy one get one coupon that you can use with subway all the time.

Taco Bell's app is great if you go there a lot.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
all of the fast food apps are horrible. The McDonald's and Wendy's ones only work half the time and the other half your deals never come off the order and you have to be a dick to the high schooler at the window and get them to get a manager to fix it. Just make the menu price the price in the app and stop making me jump through pointless hoops.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The McDonald's app is almost too good. The deals are legit once you learn the rhythm of it. I definitely have found myself going more often when I see an opportunity.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Starbucks is pretty legit and easy to use. You don't really save too much money since you have to spend a lot of money to save some money (getting stars)

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The fact you cannot combine a "REWARD" with an "OFFER" makes their app inferior to Wendy's.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
chick fil a is the only other one on a similar level as mcdonald's. tho taco bell is solid too

OP
OP
Mr Jones

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chick-Fil-A's app is pretty ace.
Yeah I don't really fuck wit them tho... 😬
Oooh, I will check them out!
Popeye's isn't half bad.
I wish they were closer, but I'm not too far when I drive in to work. Do they have decent deals?
Starbucks is pretty legit and easy to use. You don't really save too much money since you have to spend a lot of money to save some money (getting stars)
I will buy their stock, but not their coffee.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Starbucks, CFA, McDonald's, Jersey Mikes, Popeyes, Wendy's. Chipotle and Whataburger are all good from an app usability perspective.

Jack in the Box might be the worst

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jersey Mike's is the only app that I keep on my phone. Very simple.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Taco Bell's is great for me. Idk about deals, but they do have rewards occasionally but you click on what you want, easily customize it and done.

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
Wingstop has a pretty good app. But indeed McDonalds is top tier especially now they brought back the $1 breakfast sandwich deal in app it's hard not to go every morning

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
McDonald's app almost singlehandedly made me give the chain another chance with it's ease of ordering, pick up options, and deals. It's the way I expected all restaurant apps to pan out but rarely do they incentivize me to use them since having an extra downloaded app that doesn't give me good deals or makes ordering demonstrably easier just feels like a waste.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think the UI of mcds is good at all but has lots of good deals. It's almost like the food is hidden lol.

MoonCoffee8

Banned
Aug 30, 2020
You're absolutely crazy if you think McDonald's has a good app.
Any phone application hat suggests you particular choices instead of letting you choose what you want to order should be abolished.
Furthermore, when you've chosen it has the gaul to tell you to order more - the future is dismal!

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chick-fil-A is pretty good, but the downside is you can't combine your gift card balance with your debit/credit card. What kind of shit is that? I have like $2 balance unused.

Popeye's/BK apps have pretty good offers. When I'm low in money, I get the two for $5 deal.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I downloaded the Wendy's app at the beginning of covid so I could do curbside, and after a 5 minute sign up ordeal the app didn't even work. So if McDonald's is better than not working, then it's better than Wendy's.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
When I worked a rotation at an emergency department, the only place that'd be open in the late night / early morning in that town was a McDonald's, and those $1 large fries through the app came in handy.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Chick-fil-A app is dope. I haven't used it in awhile but you get reward points like crazy.

Chipotle and Subway apps are solid too.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
The fact you cannot combine a "REWARD" with an "OFFER" makes their app inferior to Wendy's.
You can now. At least in the Canadian one. Fairly recent change though and it's probably because of stubborn SOBs like me who would waste two extra minutes to put multiple orders through at mobile pickup.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
In Canada, at least, I find the Wendy's app has way better deals - and they often glitch out, letting you use them multiple times.

McDonald's generally just has some sort of Big Mac/6 piece nugget/QP meal deal for maybe a buck or two off. Or a half price cookie.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Taco Bell doesn't offer much in the way of deals, but having all their toppings listed out is really nice. I would never think to ask for my burritos to be grilled if it weren't a listed option.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Jack in the box caught on to people using the deal multiple times in an order and on a recent update you can't anymore. So I have to make multiple orders now.

MJPIA

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that's it's been years and burger king still has no option in the app to select no bun while all of it's other competitors do baffels me to no end.
It's like they are purposely trying to lose to Wendy's and McDonald's.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic has a pretty good app, and if you order drinks through it, you get the happy hour half-price at any time of the day.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Taco Bell app is fantastic. It allows for so much customization. If you are getting a burrito and it's not grilled, you're doing it wrong.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The McDonald's app prices are so ridiculous that I genuinely feel bad for anyone not using it.

It's like a 25-50% savings and the food costs what it feels like it should cost.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Starbucks has a ridiculously good app, and companion experience.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
The CFA app is great, I always have points for free stuff. I'm the top tier membership they offer, and I have 43274 lifetime points. I wish they had more "deals" but I think they make up for it with the free stuff. The McDonald's app is indeed great also, it seems like no matter what I always have points to spend on it and I don't go there all that often.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, McDonalds is definitely the best. Taco Bell and Wendy's is good too. The ones I hate, BK and Popeyes, are identical and function fine but do not have the option to cancel an order on your own, so you have to go through their CS. So it adds an extra annoyance when you order food then show up to the restaurant and it's not open….

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I like the Starbucks app because I can try out weird topping combinations anonymously. I'd feel too awkward to ask for whipped cream in my tea if I had to say it out loud.