Votes: 127 14.5%
  • No it's the best AC game

Votes: 98 11.2%
  • It's not the best, but it's not the worst

Votes: 650 74.3%

• Total voters

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
What the hell went wrong with this game? i'm playing it for the first time on PC and it's a mess specially the bad fps

the parkour is fun but i feel the controls are worse than previous games, the gameplay is ok but the camera is awful specially during combat with 3 or 4 enemies and suddenly someone attacks you from behind and you can't even see him, the music is nothing special unlike the previous games which has very good music, won't comment on the story because i'm still at sequence 5

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably Liberation, but if you don't count that one, then the lowest point in the series is either AC1, AC3, or Unity. You could make an argument for any of those 3 based on what you value in a good game

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
You can't take on 3-4+ enemies in Unity like you can in other AC titles. That said, Unity is among my favorite AC's, simply because it adheres to the core elements of the series. It might be the last 'real' AC we'll ever get.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I'd say Assassin's Creed 3.
Unity after the patches isn't bad, it's just extremely bland.
Assassin's Creed 3 is aggressively bad.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After everything was patched I found Unity to be pretty good and absolutely gorgeous. Syndicate was definitely may least favorite and a step down in the series.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Personally I'd say AC1 or Liberation. I've enjoyed every other game in the series tbh.

Exist 2 Inspire

Powered by Friendship™
Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Not at all. For me personally AC III and IV are waaay worse. The setting alone is so great in Unity it's easily better than the rather boring III & IV.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I honestly don't think it is. Definitely some change ups that weren't necessarily 100% better than before (many of which were iterated on and improved in Syndicate), but I do think the first game still kind of takes the crown of worst one. Not even to say the first isn't great or super important as a piece of media, but I just think large parts of the gameplay loop needed the iteration that came later to really excel (whereas the assassinations and real life stuff is super successful imo).

Also yo go play Syndicate! It's everything Unity wanted to be but better (except graphically because god damn, Unity).

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Nop. Once they patched most of the bugs its a decent game and one of the most impressive AC games visually. AC3 to me is the worst of the main series.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I give 1 a pass because it was the one that started it all, so Unity definitely takes the cake for me. At least 3 had the wilderness to explore, which was great. Unity had nothing of value.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
People say III is bad but I played it this past year and really enjoyed it.
Homefront was sidequests done right, I loved that. I also just liked the main story and Connor really grew on me over time. The game admittedly has a weak start though. It's way better than the original or Revealtions though imo

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I like all the games personally but many have weak points. AC1 is probably the worst, it's very repetitive but it has fantastic atmosphere. Unity feels very bloated with all the multiplayer icons taking up so much of the map and the story feels a bit unfinished and rushed.

Actually, I've just convinced myself you're correct. Unity is the worst. But it's not a bad game.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's my favorite lol. The infiltration and assassin missions are IMO the best of any game.

I still think it got an unfair wrap due to the Xbox marketing and #ps4noparity combined with the technical issues at launch.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't take on 3-4+ enemies in Unity like you can in other AC titles. That said, Unity is among my favorite AC's, simply because it adheres to the core elements of the series. It might be the last 'real' AC we'll ever get.

You just had to come in here and shit on my favorite AC game (Syndicate) like it doesn't exist.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Liberation, 3 and 1 are way worse. Unity had actually cool ideas with the big crowd etc. but it came out a one console generation too early.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Of the original style, 2, Brotherhood, 4, and Rogue are the best. Unity, 1, and 3 are the worst.

OP
OP
Shakerovic

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
It's probably Liberation, but if you don't count that one, then the lowest point in the series is either AC1, AC3, or Unity. You could make an argument for any of those 3 based on what you value in a good game

Liberation was a small budget game i won't count it, i didn't like it much but it was ok

AC1 and AC3 were very good even if they had problems i enjoyed them and i feel they are way better than Unity

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black Flag was the worst. Uninteresting protagonist as an overreaction to Connor's reception, went all in with the ship battle crap that had been good in moderation in a game about fucking assassins, beginning of the end where the present day timeline goes fucking nowhere, and collection became so tedious that I game up on 100% collection for the first time since II.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I would probably say Syndicate. That felt like it had extra jank, a level system that is only a hindrance, and one of its core mechanics (the grappling hook) makes the parkour pillar of Assassin's Creed more dull.

That's giving AC1 credit for being the first entry, and only thinking about the mainline releases.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Unity is seriously underrated. I agree the map was bloated but I ignored most of them and enjoyed the game immensely.

Aug 13, 2019
It's certainly my least favorite of the bunch and the first AC to make me lose all interest in the story near the end of the game (The second being Origins). I'd say Syndicate improves on everything Unity was and is way more fun to play. That said, I am playing through Unity again so my opinion on it may change.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood the hate for the AC3. I actually like it much more then any of the previous games. Unity is downright garbage. Playing it after Black Flag was a jarring experience. It was broken, played like shit, and was bland as fuck. The story and everything the game is about is so forgettable.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Sequence 5 and you're calling it a mess?

The map is aids, so many collectibles it's not worth going for 100%.

But the co-op missions and the gameplay itself is actually very fun, imo.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were still some things I liked about Unity, even though it is definitely not my favorite in the series. It's between Liberation and AC3 for me, but neither of them are bad games it's just they don't quite reach the highs of the others and just didn't leave as big of an impact on me like the other titles of the series did.

Last edited:

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
i have played every assasins creed game and unity is one of my favorites, however, the first one was extremely hard for me to complete since it was so boring

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
I actually liked unity. I'd argue syndicate was worse. The brawling combat felt kinda terrible imo.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unity is super underrated. It and Syndicate are a wonderful farewell from the classic ACs.

No other Assassins Creed get EVEN CLOSE to Unity's Paris in terms of how good the map is.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
God no. Unity is actually pretty decent apart from the occasional bug and some of the collectibles that were there purely for greed. The only awful mainline AC is ACIII. Fucking atrocious and dull. AC1 is also just repetiive and and feels like an extended tutorial for ACII.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've played all the mainline AC's and I'd have to say AC3 is easily my least favorite. I actually had a fun time with Unity despite its technical problems.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I've been liking Unity so far, what's wrong with Sydicate? Seems to get a lot of bad rep