• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Throughout Marvel's multiverse Wolverine has done the deed with just about everyone. Girls are attracted to his wild beast nature.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: derogatory language
He's a rugged manlet. That works for some people.

Hugh Jackman was always too traditionally handsome to play him but who couldn't love that version of the character anyway?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
They keep it on the down low but he's got a pheromone thing going as a secondary mutant ability.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
eqye1nbubvx01.jpg
GODDAMN I miss this Avengers line up, including Daredevil. It's probably my favorite of all time.

bitsykibbles

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, here's the skinny imo and from what I've seen in comics, blah blah blah.

Wolverine does not have a easy or handsome face.
Wolverine is otherwise a peak specimen sexy body.
He's hairy as hell all over.
He's got a temper.

So pretty much attractive, but very short term and usually rough short term relationships...
That diagram is wild, but it's a lot of relationships from overseas with not so important characters.

I'd say overall attractive as the only bad points are his temper and his face, kinda.

edit: Apologies for hurtful terms, the user has grown from this.

Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
He's like Danny Trejo. Nobody's going to call him handsome, but you know there are people that are into it.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
For posterity when ppl tell me that Era is progressive.

Logan is a craggy short king, not James Bond. This thread is about the notion of conventional attractiveness, which we all know is some generalized ideal that almost nobody fully subscribes to.

He's like Danny Trejo. Nobody's going to call him handsome, but you know there are people that are into it.

You know Danny fucks. It's a fact.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Wolvie1.2.jpg

My friend described his look as "squinty feral goblin troll" and for many years that's kind of how he looked. He had the flowing side-chops, the weird devil-horn hair points, and often a widow's peak that defied logic, physics, and good taste.
I always saw this version of Wolverine as having a lot of DNA from Cuckoo's-Nest and Shining-era Jack Nicholson.
images

large.png

In other words, handsome, but also rather feral.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The OP asked if Wolverine is attractive and I gave my thoughts as to why I don't think so.

There's plenty of people out there who find short men attractive so no need to worry about my opinion. Relax breh.
Nah "breh." Your response wasn't clever or funny or insightful. It openly mocks people, especially for something they can't control. You can fuck right off with that.

In fact some of the responses here are suspect

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's supposed to be anything special looks wise. Been too long since I read the comics but I've been listening to the Wolverine podcast and he isn't exactly depicted as a hunk.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't really look "ugly" in any of the art in the OP though. Well, besides the hair and Rob Liefeld.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hugh Jackman is what people think of now. In comic books attractiveness seems to vary by who the artist tho. Haha

I don't think he's ugly though. Just has that weird fucking hairdo

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
He's supposed to be, but it's just kind of default comics aesthetic for the majority of people to be hot gym rats and power lifters.

Even putting aside people who already like guys who are rugged, ripped, stocky, short, etc, etc, every kind of person can look attractive when drawn in a popular medium like comics. The artists stylize things to look appealing (even "ugly" people are depicted in an appealing way 95% of the time) through shape design/proportion/etc. So just because a person thinks wolverine looks hot doesn't necessarily mean they would be into actual short, muscular, aggro dudes with insane hair in the real world.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Logan does have that intense, workingman charms that catches the attention of the ladies.
f1.jpg

7351241251edfeb987fabae582e5e865._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

. . . . being a book-lover is just a bonus.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
They've always stressed his man-of-the-wild and animal-like qualities. I suppose that would attract some women, but he's by no means a pretty boy. He's more concerned with function than looking good.

Wild head hair, generous body hair, grunting and growling, claws evoking an animal's natural weaponry, frequently depicted doing things like building log houses, outdoor hunting for food using his bare hands... but at the same time he hooks up with females anytime he feels compelled, and it's pretty common for ladies to be into guys who may not fit the mold of what sexy is based on what you'd see in media and advertising, but have a sexiness that forms more from their other aspects. That's more of what I sense from Wolverine.

That said I fully expect the MCU casting of him to go dreamboat as hell to rival Hugh Jackman's portrayal, definitely.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I always thought it was his charisma and gravitas that made him popular with the ladies moreso than his looks.

Of course being swole as fuck probably helped a great deal.