• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
There was just shared by Pokémon a picture of the Sinnoh region in Pokémon BDSP and if you look closely to the area were in the original DP there was just the Battle Tower and later in Platinum the whole Battle Frontier, there is only the Battle Tower. This is pretty much the same case as Pokémon ORAS, which completely skipped this mode that was introduced in Pokémon Emerald.
E9FFfREXMAkoksO

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
Why is Gamefreak always intent on providing their fans a worse value for money?

This is disappointing.

edit: Correction, Pokémon company, not Gamefreak.
Another disappointing thing is how pedantic other members here can be, okay GF isn't responsible - Pokémon company.

Last edited:

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Not surprising in the slightest but, disappointing regardless, they could have even just sold the Platinum content as dlc.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Is it crazy that I was sort of half expecting them to just cut out the whole postgame island?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does appear to be, the full map for reference.

map.jpg

With how much detail the map has showing each individual building, you probably should be able to see the Battle Frontier buildings if they were gonna be in, they look like so.

1200px-Battle_Frontier_GenIV.png

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't understand why they keep skipping the Battle Frontiers in these games as of late, those additions were some of the best post-gake activities in Pokemon.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
lol people saying GF isnt making this game. It doesn't really matter if it's GF or not when they have the final say and did the same thing last time

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
There hasn't been a Battle Frontier in a Pokemon game since 2009. Not really news when it isn't in a new Pokemon game in 2021.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. Goddamn why is Pokemon so consistently terrible now?

I'll just continue to replay Gen IV and V games on the DS forever, I guess. With how much money they pull in from this series, I have no idea why they're still so lacking in so many areas. Content, visuals, game design, and difficulty have all just gotten significantly worse since the DS games.

I still want to believe Legends will be good and mix things up, but I have almost no hope.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I'll take the other stuff they added over the Battle Frontier just like I preferred the different focus in ORAS, but it's too bad for those who like it.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Yeah the map isn't enough confirmation for me that it wouldn't be there. Plus they do so much wacky shit for remakes typically it could be somewhere else entirely

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Why? WTF is going on with GF these days? Even if this game isn't developed by GF, you know this was a decision made by them for the devs not to include it.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Because little kids are too easily distracted by their phones to care about endgame content such as the Battle Frontier. So older fans shouldn't be allowed to play it.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'll take the other stuff they added over the Battle Frontier just like I preferred the different focus in ORAS, but it's too bad for those who like it.
There really shouldn't be an either or decision here.

These are $60 remakes post-dexit.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
that one research about few people playing postgame content is turning out to be Pokemon's version of that one survey where people complained about the story in Paper Mario games and it completely changed how they made the games to the displeasure of many.