mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Smart Delivery has anything to do with Series S/X. It's about cross generational gameplay.
Has nothing to do with cross-gen. It's literally a system that optimizes how SKU and assets are bundled so you download the best assets for your system. Smart delivery existed for Xbox one before series consoles were a thing.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Whether is good or bad, it doesn't matter. They had to do it, because the way it is now is so confusing.
I believe they are also trying to prevent stupid lawsuits from all the confusion.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I like it better then the current one but Im still not a fan of the move to white. I guess from a marketing pov its smart to copy the market leader who already uses white but Im not a fan of the ps5 white or this white.

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
I like the minimalist approach but that white is gonna stick out

More room for art at least

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Better but the white blade is huge and that generic font in the middle isn't great.

Why can't they come up with something sexier?
That black band mockup is still much better.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Has nothing to do with cross-gen. It's literally a system that optimizes how SKU and assets are bundled so you download the best assets for your system. Smart delivery existed for Xbox one before series consoles were a thing.

Does buying the physical edition also entitle you to the digital edition If not then why label a version of the game with a feature that you cant even make use of (unless they plan on releasing a series S with a disc drive).

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Does buying the physical edition also entitle you to the digital edition If not then why label a version of the game with a feature that you cant even make use of (unless they plan on releasing a series S with a disc drive).
Means it's using smart delivery system and if there's any higher spec or lower spec physical platform in the future, it'll automatically download the best assets *should they be available.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
It's better but I hate that it's white. Probably for visibility but still. You get more real estate for the boxart, at least.

EDIT: They need to change the STANDARD label ffs. That is dumb. Just make it match up with the white area on the left side. It going all the way across and cutting through box art like that is UGLY.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More importantly it's only $60 despite being next-gen exclusive (as are the other ms games)

logash

Oct 27, 2017
6414163_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Here's Halo Infinite

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
the white bg - black text seems really cheap somehow. like something done on paint

but i like the idea behind it and showing more cover art

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It's whatever. It's probably more visible and part of a greater accessibility push. I'm basically digital only so it's not like it's a big deal to me personally.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Reduced banner is nice, but just having the text of supporting consoles in a basic font looks so unfinished. And still having smart delivery and Series X logos on it anyways is just more clutter.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The black on white stands out and that's what matters here. They need to make sure people see it is for Series X only and its pretty tough to not notice that.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
The box art scans are coming out for games announced today and feature a new box art design for the Xbox Brand:

E3yD9ZJXwAg-tmz

E3yk4FkWUAgEdee

E3y6rfYXEAAYuQ4

I like it, although I wish they would have started it when the Series launched.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
That looks pretty good, I like it just being a label instead of an entire banner on top of the box like previous generations.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
I appreciate this very much. Almost went full digital because of the original design which was horrible.

I'm joking. But I do like these much better

Oct 27, 2017
Haha really? Less than a year into the gen? I'm guessing they got complaints and confusion from ppl. It was a bad choice IMO, this looks ok. Not bad it's starting to grow on me