• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Been waiting for this game for months.

More videos here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLROfY7tjuL-BkgTbhRQc18mJtOfWpCcwN

Official website
Detective Gallo is a point & click adventure that is entirely hand-illustrated and hand-animated, and whose protagonist is a feathered and grumpy private eye struggling with a very tricky case, bizarre characters, and puzzles that will put his insight and patience to the test.

PC release is in a few days, though Switch and PS4 releases are in the work atm. They don't exactly have a twitter page but you can follow them on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/detectivegallo/

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell it's italian by the style alone. Will keep an eye out for it, thanks.

3352682-hr.jpg

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Played through the demo a few beeks ago, seems really nice and casual. Gallo is a pretty great character for the main guy in such a game too!

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, it looks a lot like Italian Disney comics, which means instant nostalgia-gasm for me. Thanks for the heads-up, Tizoc!

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I got IMMEDIATE flashbacks to My Cousin Vinny based off the damn name

The game itself looks slick too

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It is releasing on GOG. It is mentioned in their Facebook page.

Cool. I wish more indy devs would have proper webpages (and that they kept them updated). It's super cheap to do and a lot easier then trying to navigate facebook.

It's especially frustrating when an indy dev releases their game, but if you go to their website there's no news posts on since years before it released lol

Skyrise

CEO at MixedBag
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Mauro from MIxedBag here, we're handling the console porting & publishing of Gallo (and The Wardrobe, another old school point & click adventure).

The porting is almost done, if everything goes as planned it'll be out on Switch & PS4 in July (finger crossed!).
If you have any questions, I'm here! :)

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Mauro from MIxedBag here, we're handling the console porting & publishing of Gallo (and The Wardrobe, another old school point & click adventure).

The porting is almost done, if everything goes as planned it'll be out on Switch & PS4 in July (finger crossed!).
Any chance of a retail release? Even if it is of limited copies?

Best of luck with the game, I'll be looking forward to playing this in the next couple of days.

Skyrise

CEO at MixedBag
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Any chance of a retail release? Even if it is of limited copies?

Best of luck with the game, I'll be looking forward to playing this in the next couple of days.

Nothing we can share about a physical edition for now, but we would love to do it!

Thanks, finger crossed on the release! :)

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

No plans to bring it to Xbox One?

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Fellow Italian here, the art style is cute as hell, gallo VO is awesome too! Will definitely buy

Amakusa

Nov 2, 2017
Damn, is Disney involved somehow? That art style is very nice, but it looks like taken from the new (amazing) Duck Tales series:

DuckTales%202017%20Main.jpg

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
What is it with detective birds? First Aviary Attorney, then this?

Hope this turns out well. We need good Italian games.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017

Are both game scheduled to be released in July? I'll definitely wait to pick them both up on Switch then.

Also, is this game made in AGS? I would think that AGS games are hard to port, since I don't think there has been any others released on Switch yet.

Any impressions yet?

Skyrise

CEO at MixedBag
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Are both game scheduled to be released in July? I'll definitely wait to pick them both up on Switch then.

Also, is this game made in AGS? I would think that AGS games are hard to port, since I don't think there has been any others released on Switch yet.

Any impressions yet?

If everything goes as planned yes, we'll release both games in July.

Gallo is made in AGS, we remade the whole game in Unity from scratch using the original assets. Crazy stuff! :)

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
As a European who grow up with a lot of the Italian comic books this seems wonderful. Any idea how long the game is more or less? Is it more on the casual side or is it a long point-and-click adventure? Trying to get my SO into games and this seems nice for it.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man that art style is condensed nostalgic right there. I'm not a huge point and click fan but I looks pretty awesome, might check it out.

Skyrise

CEO at MixedBag
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Hi there!

Detective Gallo is out today on PS4 in America, tomorrow in Europe and on Friday on Switch! ;)