AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IqxBHys.jpg

Super Mario Galaxy was released in November 2007. Roughly 18 months later, at E3 2009, Nintendo revealed Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Super Mario Odyssey was released at the end of October 2017. The game was a massive success, and is prime material for a sequel that builds on the mechanics of the first game and that offers plenty of new worlds. I think it would be great if Nintendo made a sequel, and announced it at this E3 2019.

When I was playing Odyssey, I had that same feeling as when I was playing the first Galaxy: that the game felt like it could have easily had had more content, content which could form its own sequel. I think it would be a waste if Nintendo didn't go back to Odyssey. Odyssey 2 could also take a page out of Galaxy 2 by offering players more difficult challenges than its predecessor.

In any case, I really want an Odyssey 2.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I wouldn't rule it out but I see this as 2020 at earliest and Nintendo doesn't reveal many games before the year of release nowadays.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
As a life long Mario fan I never thought I would say this, but I would rather have a BotW 2 over Odyssey 2. I loved Odyssey to death but I reeeeeally want more open world zelda.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Do they announce a Odyssey 2, or a big DLC pack for Odyssey 1? I would lean towards the latter.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be great if they did a lot of things, It probably wont happen though. With Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Luigi's mansion all supposed to be coming out, I dont see why they would want to stomp on those so early when they could hold on for a direct

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Nah

Do it like last time where we had a full blow-out of the game at E3 (ignoring that September direct that fucking spoiled everything lol) with a release 4-5 months later.

So E3 2020 then, maybe even a teaser in a January direct

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'd rather have them do something else like a new IP. If they want to release another 3D Mario this gen they should just remaster both Galaxies.

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
Alllll for a sequel, and I believe chances are good that it'll happen, but don't expect an announcement this year. Chances are higher for next.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Seems a bit soon for a sequel, especially since Mario Maker 2 will be out around E3

let me hold a port of 3D world tho

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
New ip please. Hopefully not starring any of their previous characters for a change, and trying into a new genre

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't mind just a expansion to the first game

But really want to see Metroid

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Assuming Odyssey 2 happens, I really hope that the level structure is more linear like Galaxy.

Carefully crafted level design > Running around the same exact places again and again

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
More linear 3D Mario akin to Galaxy would be more up my alley at this point. I enjoyed Odyssey a lot but I'm kind of burnt out on collection-based games.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's too early and they already have 2 mario games to show at E3, Mario Maker and Luigi's Mansion. It's something that will probably show up in an October direct or possibly at TGA

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
never say never, but never. this year they have so much upcoming games that imo they should focus on and announcing SMO2 with even just a small tease is just a bad move that will steal focus and discussion from the games that are coming soon, and it's not like they need it. it's a huge game that can headline an E3 on it's own and they should wait for the right time to give it all the spotlight.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Odyssey was ok but never reached the greatness of the galaxy games. A new mario galaxy (or even remasters) would be way more welcome imo.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
No thanks. I would rather they do something new or focus on what has already been announced but hasnt had a lot of information released. Stuff like Town, Bayo 3 and Animal Crossing are way more hype to me than any SMO2 (SMO was an overrated game) announcement would ever be.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I wouldn't rule it out but I see this as 2020 at earliest and Nintendo doesn't reveal many games before the year of release nowadays.

Besides Animal Crossing, Metroid, Luigi's Mansion 3, Bayonetta 3, Marvel Ultimate 3, Pokemon SwSh, Fire Emblem, Yoshi's Crafted World, BoTW, Kirby...

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
The fact that there is no DLC for Odyssey means that a sequel is coming, maybe sooner than expected (early/summer 2020 I guess).

Same thing for Super Mario Party.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Besides Animal Crossing, Metroid, Luigi's Mansion 3, Bayonetta 3, Marvel Ultimate 3, Pokemon SwSh, Fire Emblem, Yoshi's Crafted World, BoTW, Kirby...
Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I was pretty clear I didn't rule it out. But if we're assuming Odyssey 2 happens I think we'll agree it's a holiday 2020 game and those aren't usually revealed over a year in advance.

In the end, each game's reveal to release cycle is unique.

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
Since no big DLC was released for SMO, I would say SMO2 is just a matter of time. But not at this E3.