• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theodoricos

Oct 25, 2017
The original SNES version has aged very well. I don't remember any glaring translation or localization issues.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is a GBA modded version with SNES' music and color palette. You still get the better translation and the extra content from the GBA and the best elements from the original one.

^this. You get the modded version and then you play it on a flash cart plugged into a GBA player on a Gamecube through component cables on a PVM.

I've played the modded version on an emulator through a CRT monitor with headphones and it was wonderful. That's another alternative.

The best easily available alternative that won't cost you an arm and a leg to get running(original GBA/SNES carts are pricey) is to buy the SNES Classic Mini and play it on that. It does a fairly good job of emulating it.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt the aspect ratio of the gba different? Making the SNES version looks better?

I remember reading that the Ted version is the best because of that

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The PC version actually has much better enemy sprites.
It's just the character models that are bad.

Woolsey's translation is hot garbage.
90% of the enemy names and item names are flat out wrong.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt the aspect ratio of the gba different? Making the SNES version looks better?

I remember reading that the Ted version is the best because of that

The aspect ratio is an issue a tad bit yes, however it's not too bad I find. The SNES's aspect ratio itself was always stretched too on a tv. Most games are designed with this in mind. The color difference was always the original GBA release's biggest issue for me

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's fair.

I liked this idea of getting something like this : http://portbegging.tumblr.com/post/75922986838/port-begging-for-final-fantasy-vi-publisher

tumblr_n0mp8rs21R1to32sto3_1280.png

tumblr_n0mp8rs21R1to32sto6_1280.png

Widescreen FF6, which is what Chrono Trigger steam is getting now

Honestly, this is all I really want. I grew up with both the SNES, and GBA versions, and the idea of an Octopath styled remake seems like overkill.

With CT getting a lot of much needed love, I only hope SE sees enough sales to consider going back and fixing easier botched ports like FFVI.