• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So some game I've never heard of based off Ragnarok Online is apparently introducing a wedding system or something? I don't really care but this part was brought up by a friend:

b. Wedding Reservation After this maintenance, players will be able to reserve a wedding date, just go to the new NPC "Miss Happiness" at Prontera Cathedral while holding hands. The wedding reservation fee will be 2 million Zeny. The available wedding reservation date will be the next 14 days from 08:00 to 24:00. Every Wednesday's from12:00 to 16:00 will not be available for reservations.

Tips: For those adventurers who haven't finished "Miss. Hanako" quest, they are able to check the wedding reservation calendars.Players will receive [Wedding process manual] after reserve a wedding date. All the ceremony details are listed in the manual.

Due to the policy and regulations, the couples will have to be heterosexual. (We will publish gender-change and other personalize items, to fulfill all the customers' needs.)

Great look there, XD Global. Can't have same sex marriage but can totally just change your character's sex instead. Nice job.

Sauce.

Last edited:

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
policy and regulation? Wouldn't that be dictated by the developer?

Edit: nvm, just read that its illegal in the country the game is made in.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
"due to policy and regulations" makes it sound like it's the fault of a country they want to release in, which illustrates that homophobia is still very much an issue much bigger than gaming

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did a very fast read, but if that game is made in south korea.... well gay/lesbian marriage isnt legal there so thatd be why. ( not right but that's the reason I found)

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think supporting this game would be a good thing for the industry. I mean they released the game globally and this is their stand

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Things get muddy when laws get involved ("Just move to another country!" Is not a great suggestion) but surely they could find a creative way around it?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can do a bunch of illegal things in video games and it's never been an issue.
But remember being gay is a "political issue" /s
You know that other regions censor non hetero kissing in kids cartoons so yeah.... but shooting and chain sawing a dude in a game is a-okay to show.

Dr Guildo

Oct 27, 2017
France
So some game I've never heard of based off Ragnarok Online is apparently introducing a wedding system or something? I don't really care but this part was brought up by a friend:

Great look there, XD Global. Can't have same sex marriage but can totally just change your character's sex instead. Nice job.

Sauce.

The hand which gives is always above the hand which receives.

Jan 7, 2018
I mean the best approach is have it enabled to countries that its legally accepted
It's a global server. People from all those countries play together. It's literally impossible to have people from some countries access a feature and others not.

It really sucks tho. I actually play this game, and I guess I just won't marry anyone in it.

Deleted member 22901

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Japan doesn't legally recognize same-sex marriage either, but you can still marry someone of the same sex in Final Fantasy 14. Unless South Korea has a law against digital representations of gay marriage I don't know about, I doubt the developers are preventing same-sex marriages for legal reasons.

Jan 7, 2018
Japan doesn't legally recognize same-sex marriage either, but you can still marry someone of the same sex in Final Fantasy 14. Unless South Korea has a law against digital representations of gay marriage I don't know about, I doubt the developers are preventing same-sex marriages for legal reasons.

IRRC the developer of the mobile version is Chinese, not South Korean.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I was actually just researching and was going to make a post about this haha.

I do wonder though does the SK servers for FFXIV still have that function?

Cause IIRC from personal experience playing FFXIV, that the NA, EU, and JP players are techically together (servers maybe alone but they can still do content together through roulettes and such) but I believe the SK and CN servers are by themselves.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
No joke, I gave a fairly fleshed out idea in my head for a game and the main character is a gay man, if I ever get into a position for it to be made into a game (which would probably never happen to be fair) I would dig my heels and absolutely refuse for that to be changed.

Bigots and homophobes be damned, gay people exist I'm bi myself and we are not just there to be a target of shitty humour and insulting stereotypes or to fill out a diversity checklist.