Votes: 69 26.2%
  • Animal Well

Votes: 126 47.9%
  • Crow Country

Votes: 63 24.0%

• Total voters

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hades really sucked the wind out of literally everything else's sails for me. I was curious about Animal Well, but it will almost certainly have to wait now

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've already reached my quota for early access games so far this year between No Rest For The Wicked and Manor Lords so looking for a complete experience now, so Animal Well and Crow Country are the ones I've got my eye on.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit first time i heard of Crow Country and it looks to be my jam. Thanks OP!

Also hyped for Animal Well.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
1000x, Crow and Animal are the three I'm interested in. Dunno when I'll find the time for all of them though. Waiting on the full release for Hades.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I'm getting Animal Well for myself and Little Kitty, Big City for the gf. Hades II I can wait until the full release. Early Access has never interested me.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Already bought Little Kitty. Am interested in both Animal Well and Crow Country. Day One for Hades II full release.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I've tried the closed test of Hades 2 and dropped after 20 minutes, it looked identical to the first one and I've already not appreciated that one (even after almost 30 hours).

I'm very intrigued by Animal Well tho, cool to see it D1 on Plus.

Further Releases New
OP
OP
Kadzork

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Forgetting this banger OP. Played the demo for 1000xRESIST out of the blue and yeah... The hype is warranted. I think it'll be something really special.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1675830/1000xRESIST/

Someone made a thread of it earlier today but Heading Out looks pretty cool, comes out tomorrow:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1640630/Heading_Out/

I'm a sucker for road movies/stories (loved Road 96) in general so hope this one is good.

This one looks interesting, Typing of the Dead style first person dungeon crawler? Yes please. There's a demo available too.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1885110/Cryptmaster/

Boy - heck of a week.

Apr 24, 2024
I'm interested in Heading Out (if there is a console version) and Crow County, but Animal Well reminds me of Fez in terms of its sort of weird ethereal atmosphere. I know most people played Fez for the puzzles, I was in for the music and atmosphere. I hope this does the same. Its also supposed to be a Metroidvania without Souls-like combat (from what I can tell).

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Animal Well is on my radar.

Hades II will have to wait as I still haven't even played the first.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Crow and 1000x this week. I'll even double dip if there are physical releases too.

Plushie in the Sky just came out and that looks cool as fuck. I'll grab it later cuz it's only $10

Mad Mullet is next week too.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Indieapocalypse here. Why are all these on the 9th!?

Hades 2 is so good, but I am excited for (and buying) all of these!

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Still need to play the first Hades! That said, going to be having fun with Animal Well.

I'm interested in Heading Out (if there is a console version) and Crow County, but Animal Well reminds me of Fez in terms of its sort of weird ethereal atmosphere. I know most people played Fez for the puzzles, I was in for the music and atmosphere. I hope this does the same. Its also supposed to be a Metroidvania without Souls-like combat (from what I can tell).
The dev has said that Fez was a big inspiration for them while designing Animal Well, so it makes sense there is some overlap in that respect.

ScOULaris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Well is a Day 1 purchase for me unless it releases in a broken state or something. Been waiting for that one for a good while now.

It reminds me of the old Nifflas games (e.g. Within a Deep Forest, Knytt, Knytt Stories). It's like a mix of those games and Rain World.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not, but I did finally grab Hades on Steam after buying it already on Epic and Switch. šŸ˜… So I guess it's kinda a yes by association.

Edit: Oh, Animal Well is that game that Dunkey's involved with and/or publishing, right? That game looks amazing, so yeah, if it turns out as good as it looks, I'm definitely in.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely getting Animal Well.

I'm not really seeing the love for Crow Country as most folk here, but I'm willing to be proven wrong if the reviews for it are stellar.

Lorelei and her damn laser eyes is out next week, too.

Last edited:

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
How much content is now in Hades? I've never tried EA before, but thinking to try it

edit: dismissed, found the answer in OT

Last edited:

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
I wasn't expecting Hades II right fucking now, but I can jump in later. Probably either next weekend or the one after, see how I feel.

I was definitely after picking up Crow Country after the demo. I'm not one for survival horror, but the pure exploration/puzzle mode is great and I love the aesthetic.

I'll wait for reviews on the other two.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Animal Well looks great. I'll probably play that.

Hades 2 is Early Access and I avoid those like the plague. I'm crazy excited for the game, but I'll try to be strong and wait for the full release.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Just can't bring myself to support Early Access games anymore. Always getting burned out on the tiny bit of content, and it kills my enthusiasm when the full release happens. I just wait now.

Theory

Oct 27, 2017

Yes! My thoughts exactly, I'm right there with you. I'm honestly sick of metroidvanias, but this has me absolutely sold on those two aspects- atmosphere/vibe and non-traditional combat.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Super hyped, but going to hold off. Still making my way through FF7R, and then I just bought another big rpg lol.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I'm hoping Little Kitty will be good and be enough like an Untitled Cat Game. Hades can wait until full release probably.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Vampire Survivor's Operation Guns DLC is probably the best thing of the week for me, though I'll probably check out Hades II and Little Kitty Big City, too.

I'll check out Animal Well on PS+ since I don't want to directly support the publisher.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
counter point: every week is cool week for indie games. but yeah this week in special is a banger.