Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm alternating between Sekiro and an NG run in Bloodborne and man, I can't get over how this game looks.

"But it's not 4K!", ignorant people may say. Resolution isn't everything, the game still looks gorgeous:

Screen_Shot_2015-03-25_at_4.11.21_PM.0.0.png

bloodborne-cainhurst-2.jpg

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

From Software's art direction is straight up unbeatable. It's just crazy impressive how the prettiest game of the generation hasn't got the best models, the best textures or the best lighting.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I know people hate Chromatic Aberration as a flat rule, but I think it had a great effect in helping From achieve the aesthetic they were going for, specifically for this game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty is not a good word for Bloodborne LOL. The art direction is crazy good though but the chromatic aberration sucks.

vic viper

Dec 27, 2017
The graphical fidelity and quality has definitely been beaten, but in terms of art direction, it absolutely remains on top.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
it has a wicked aesthetic, but the actual fidelity and performance don't do anything to elevate it imo.

i could be convinced that its audio design is one of the gen's best, however.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
The game has great art that is really held back by the tech. I'm honestly OK with the chromatic aberration and the 30 FPS, but goddamn, the jaggies are just like.... painful. Hideous aliasing.

One of all time favorite games so I really hope that at some point in the future there is a solution to its image quality, be it a re-release on later hardware, a PC version, or some kind of post-processing solution offered by future consoles. You get used to it eventually but it's a really ugly problem.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
If you mean art direction then YES. Damn it's sad knowing From (or any developer really) won't reach the same level anytime soon if ever.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The art direction is great. However, games aren't still pictures and that were Bloodborne loses.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know about graphics, but bloodborne has the best art direction & atmosphere of any game I've ever played.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Great art design, great textures, terrible IQ. It feels like you're playing the game through the dirty porthole of a sinking boat.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Its pretty wicked looking but it doesn't grab me like some others. It should be in the running. The look is very distinct.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
What? No way. In fact, I don't think it was ever the prettiest/best looking game at any point of its existence.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Even at the time, the textures and resolution were low quality. The technical performance is bad. From got a lot out of the engine but all you have to do is look at natural terrain (not city) geometry to see its limitations. Also chromatic aberration.

Some really strong art design though, as always.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Agreed OP I'm loving sekiro but it doesn't hold a candle to BB

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through it right now and I love the art direction but the game in motion has a really jittery look to it that I hate.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always thought Bloodborne looked pretty lame, especially compared to Dark Souls 1 and 2's style.

The constant blue and grey just really dampened my excitement for exploring that world. Everything ended up looking the same.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
This. Game doesnt look that great in motion.
Still pretty though.

I'd say the worst "crime" this gen was Sony not doing a Pro patch for BB.
That said, even IF the PS Pro could somehow run BB at a stable 30 fps, it would still only be in the conversation.

God of War, RDR2 and Spiderman look so much better.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's mostly the designs that are absolutey gobsmacking, from a technical standpoint it's a different story. But yeah I agree the designs are terrific.

Good art direction counts for so much more than just pretty graphics.

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
It would look glorious with a TAA pass. Game is practically begging for them with all the fences and sharp objects.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Huh.
Nope, not at all.
Uncharted 4, RDR 2 are still kings.

I don't think I've seen people worship a game as much as Bloodborne, it's weird. It IS a good game but it's just that, a good game.