gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, its clear these ads are targeting rich dems to get them to donate to TLP. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise

Last edited:

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
If I see a bunch of snakes biting some nazis I'll wait until they're done eating the Nazis before bonking the snakes in the head.

Amazing how so many people don't get this. Unreal. These are the same people who stayed home in '16 because Hillary didn't pass the purity test.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They're useful idiots.
Their usefulness is extremely questionable

More than half of their money goes back into their own companies

Dave Wasserman also had a tweet thread - that I cant find rn - showing that their ads are much less effective than people think.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I mean, its clear these ads are targeting rich dems to get them to donate to TLP. I don't know anyone could argue otherwise
That's what articles have pointed out (3 of them linked here!) That people will continue to ignore.

Amazing how so many people don't get this. Unreal. These are the same people who stayed home in '16 because Hillary didn't pass the purity test.
That's quite an assumption based on absolutely nothing.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

I dont like Joe Biden or Kamala Harris...but Im still voting for them (because voting otherwise is idiotic in this case) and I did the same in 2016.

But this is not equivocal at all.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I dont like Joe Biden or Kamala Harris...but Im still voting for them (because voting otherwise is idiotic in this case) and I did the same in 2016.

That poster already got one assumption wrong (that libs aren't donating to TLP in the millions) so ig they decided to go for an even wilder one. A bold strategy.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
That's what articles have pointed out (3 of them linked here!) That people will continue to ignore.

That's quite an assumption based on absolutely nothing.

It's no more baseless than all the caterwauling that anyone who likes these ads is donating to TLP or is too stupid to understand that TLP is made up of republicans.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's no more baseless than all the caterwauling that anyone who likes these ads is donating to TLP or is too stupid to understand that TLP is made up of republicans.
You already baselessly assumed that libs weren't donating to TLP in the millions and were proven wrong with 3 different links, why the heck would anyone take your assumptions seriously again lol

Again, the world is a lot bigger than Era. Just because we recognize the grift doesn't mean everyone else does.

Edit: and even then id say Era at large doesn't recognize the grift bc y'all still think they're useful when all evidence points to the opposite

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

So what's the solution? Because the fact the Project exists seems a general failure on one side of the political spectrum, and its not necessarily the right.

If they are able to easily cosplay leftists and be effective, what does that say about the left in general.

I can't get mad at two assholes punching each other after a fight pops off, particularly since the people around them really aren't doing shit. This whole 'well they are snakes in the grass!' as opposed to who, the GOP?

Where's this group that's doing similar work that TLP is sucking up the oxygen from?

Oct 25, 2017

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure lincoln project has more money than the Trumps. Good luck with that lawsuit.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How? Give me a tangible way they're going to backstab or con us or whatever. I'm seeing a lot of fearmongering about this being a grift, but no legitimate substantiation to it.
Well besides the fact that all the cofounders' views are much closer to Trump's than Biden's, even if they disappear after the election it's still a grift.

Over half their fundraising goes back into their own companies and their ads aren't effective.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
About time someone went after them too.

His idiotic family need to feel the heat. Kushner especially, super incompetent criminal headlining Government activities.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
How? Give me a tangible way they're going to backstab or con us or whatever. I'm seeing a lot of fearmongering about this being a grift, but no legitimate substantiation to it.

The links that show that they're funneling liberal money into their pockets doesn't substantiate that it's a grift? Those millions aren't getting refunded after Trump loses.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
While the Lincoln Project are pretty shitty people themselves who have turned on Trump, the one thing they are not is stupid - most are high profile lawyers who more than likely (100%) did their homework so good fucking luck Jarvanka...

Trumps will get "hand down my pants" Rudy to defend them...lol

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

What? They will try to get the Republican nominee to win the election after next (on Dem money!). What more do you need?
And their marketing/reach will be exponential since a majority (I assume) of their current donors/followers/engagements are Democrat.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the solution? Because the fact the Project exists seems a general failure on one side of the political spectrum, and its not necessarily the right.

If they are able to easily cosplay leftists and be effective, what does that say about the left in general.

I can't get mad at two assholes punching each other after a fight pops off, particularly since the people around them really aren't doing shit. This whole 'well they are snakes in the grass!' as opposed to who, the GOP?

Where's this group that's doing similar work that TLP is sucking up the oxygen from?

Plenty of other outlets and organizations do the same shit for free.

But they've been super funded to relevancy and gaining popularity with people...like this very forum. They've become a giant social media presence in thanks to the left propping them up, pandering to gullible leftists and grifting more money from them in the meanwhile. The right just took the same grift they been using on their end, flipped the script a bit and started rake in the cash.

And yes it does say alot when leftists can be so easily manipulated with some basic ass shit talking.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
The lectures really get old lol. We know the Lincoln Project's true intentions and who they really are, but turning down nukes because of their origin in the middle of a war is an idiot's strategy.
Exactly. But holier than thee and purity tests are more important than that. All I care now is getting Trump out.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Everyone knows who they are. They are neocons that want influence back. These aren't revelations. That said the Trump cult needs to go. Trump has become a figurehead of Qanon and other extreme right wing groups all over the world and his voice has to go. Whatever it takes.
Read the thread. This would be a revelation to some people.

There are a shocking number of posts in here presuming that people know the composition, history, and agenda of the core members of TLP. Most people do not, and quite a few of them have posted that reality in this very fucking thread. I bet if you ask your parents who they are, most of them have no idea either.

These people are hoping to influence the democrat platform. Evidence suggests they are doing just that. Treat them with a 10 foot pole.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
God, if only there were this much concern when Leftists do shit like vote third party, write-in, or undervoting. If there were this much concern when Leftists cry publicly that both sides are the same and that there are no good choices. When they say that an establishment conspiracy blocks their personality cult candidates from getting mainstream nominations.

Leftist/tankie/'rose' types are installing Amy Barrett on the Supreme Court until 2050 with their ineffectiveness.

If only anybody gave a shit about that instead of...The Lincoln Project.

Biden's campaign alone is raising a billion fucking dollars. Stop pretending that liberals/progressives/leftists are focused on propping up TLP.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Plenty of other outlets and organizations do the same shit for free.

But they've been super funded to relevancy and gaining popularity with people...like this very forum. They've become a giant social media presence in thanks to the left propping them up, pandering to gullible leftists and grifting more money from them in the meanwhile. The right just took the same grift they been using on their end, flipped the script a bit and started rake in the cash.

And yes it does say alot when leftists can be so easily manipulated with some basic ass shit talking.

I dunno. Buying up Foxnews adverts to troll Trump into picking dumb fights as opposed to righting his long leaky ship, I don't think that happens with a leftist org.

On the issue of cash grifting, I mean of course, these are abhorrent people. That cash would go a long way on a local level, they should be smart enough to funnel that cash there, but that cash would have never went to work on a local level because that's not the kind of quick endorphins thrill that breaks out checkbooks.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
The lectures really get old lol. We know the Lincoln Project's true intentions and who they really are, but turning down nukes because of their origin in the middle of a war is an idiot's strategy.

Exactly. So old. Anyone who donates to TLP is a moron. But cheering their ads ans laughing at them is just fine.

Euphoria

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I also believe that most on ERA understand that TLP in 2024 will be running a pro-Republican series of advertisements and that the people running it aren't new to politics so they aren't going away anytime soon regardless of what happens and were without a doubt going to be doing something anyways. Us on ERA aren't going to change any of that.

Some do however that understand in the short term through Election Day they can reach people not on ERA to some degree. If not then we wouldn't even be concerned about them getting donations or their ads being effective or not.

If anything they do right now can translate to vote for Biden then it is a net positive in the current fight to remove Trump from office.

I just don't think we should have these lectures every single time a thread is made. Make a TLP awareness thread and do it there. These threads today always turn into the same thing we are seeing right now.

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
tenor.gif

came here to post this gif.

Thank you

Oct 25, 2017
The links that show that they're funneling liberal money into their pockets doesn't substantiate that it's a grift? Those millions aren't getting refunded after Trump loses.
What? They will try to get the Republican nominee to win the election after next (on Dem money!). What more do you need?
And their marketing/reach will be exponential since a majority (I assume) of their current donors/followers/engagements are Democrat.
Are the bulk of their donations dem/liberal? This sounds like a massive assumption. And the moment they switch gears to the Republican propaganda machine again, would these same people keep donating?

I saw records broken from liberals donating to the Senate swing states, felon voter registration and the overall Biden campaign, but not this.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
God, if only there were this much concern when Leftists do shit like vote third party, write-in, or undervoting. If there were this much concern when Leftists cry publicly that both sides are the same and that there are no good choices. When they say that an establishment conspiracy blocks their personality cult candidates from getting mainstream nominations.

Leftist/tankie/'rose' types are installing Amy Barrett on the Supreme Court until 2050 with their ineffectiveness.

Biden's campaign alone is raising a billion fucking dollars. Stop pretending that liberals/progressives/leftists are focused on propping up TLP.

As if the last four years hasn't been a perpetual tantrum about how leftists stayed home on Clinton when they came out in larger numbers than Clinton voters did for Obama on 2008. Even if that were the case, it's not like you can't do both.

The real play is to put some grifters in front of as many marks as possible while there's a ton of close races across the country. Expand their email and follower lists and their war chest. When they flip, and you know they will because you're smart and don't need to be lectured on this, they'll have more resources than they should. Absurdly short sighted to get some dopamine off an ineffective "Trump bad" billboard.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's kind of sad how this group has been lionized since they are just as bad as Trump in a lot of ways even if they don't have positions of power anymore. But liberals will always chase the fantasy of the conservatives with a conscience while trying to pretend it's about something else like, 'Enemy of my enemy,' or 'We can use them now, but in the future we won't need them,' or whatever they tell themselves and others to make it okay to bring these vile people into their ranks
It's not the liberals on this site who end up being useful idiots for right-wing propaganda.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
These people are hoping to influence the democrat platform. Evidence suggests they are doing just that. Treat them with a 10 foot pole.

They might get that influence unfortunately because establishment Dems are kinder to conservatives than they are the progressive influences of the party. That cozying up to the right is the fault of the Dem representatives that do it and they need more criticism when they do. My hope is that AOC, Bernie, Warren, Omar and people like them roast the Dems hard if they end up giving more posts to conservatives and big business cronies than they do progressives. This a big problem the Dems have right now and it precedes and goes well beyond the Lincoln Party.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

Why not both? You can have a multitude of concerns.

We all know voting third party is a trash vote (because the two party system is trash as well as the electoral college, but thats another topic)
We all know that voter apathy in the past was a huge issue and needs to be adressed (but thats another topic)
Nobody is equating any side to the other (besides you, however)
Why is fundraising millions and billions of dollars a good thing for ANY candidate in a political race? why is that not a big red flag on any side (also another topic)

The topic here is, "Fuck the lincoln project, dont fucken trust them".

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's not the liberals on this site who end up being useful idiots for right-wing propaganda.
^

You're right, they're the consumers.
That's not a clever retort as you might think. Just super goofy. Useful idiots consume and disseminate propaganda.

Absurdly short sighted to get some dopamine off an ineffective "Trump bad" billboard.
"Orange man bad"

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I also believe that most on ERA understand that TLP in 2024 will be running a pro-Republican series of advertisements and that the people running it aren't new to politics so they aren't going away anytime soon regardless of what happens and were without a doubt going to be doing something anyways. Us on ERA aren't going to change any of that.

Some do however that understand in the short term through Election Day they can reach people not on ERA to some degree. If not then we wouldn't even be concerned about them getting donations or their ads being effective or not.

If anything they do right now can translate to vote for Biden then it is a net positive in the current fight to remove Trump from office.

I just don't think we should have these lectures every single time a thread is made. Make a TLP awareness thread and do it there. These threads today always turn into the same thing we are seeing right now.
Yeah the Dems cannot get lulled into complacency and think that all their political enemies will be as easy as Trump.

But who are we kidding, this is the Democrats we're talking about, they're already talking about bipartisanship with the traitorous fascists.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Yes, the problem is not a bunch of neocon grifters with millions of dollars, it's...Rose Twitter and tankies, the incredibly influential electorate in national elections.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
Love the ads, but I don't understand why they're in NYC of all places, which is solid ass blue.

Put these up in battleground states you dummies.

so5ai7ibaw111.png

There's something to be said about attacking someone where they live. Sure, they could out up those billboards in Ohio, or Florida, but it won't sting as much, or cut as deep, as when they're placed in New York, amongst their friends and peers.