• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who do you like more?

• Scorpion

Votes: 1,150 49.5%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 1,175 50.5%

• Total voters

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Since childhood, people have been split at times. From polls I have seen over the years though, Sub-Zero is the fan-favorite by a small amount at least. I know that Scorpion is perhaps more of a central character in later stories and that he is plastered on all new MK covers, etc. That seems to have a reason though. I've heard many say it is because Scorpion is Ed Boon's favorite character. They keep pushing him due to that. Is that true? Anyways, who do you prefer out of the two? All versions. I've always been a Sub-Zero fan.

wunsubdee

Mar 6, 2021
"Get Over Here" is just too iconic, gotta go with Scorpion.
Most recent twitterpoll showed it's almost 50/50 between them, which I think is pretty cool.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Scorpion is definitely more iconic than Sub-Zero, mostly due to "Get Over Here". He might be Ed's favorite, but I don't think that impacts anything.
As a whole though, they're basically the Ryu/Ken or Ryu/Chun-Li of the series (Depending on how you wanna look at it).

Roberto Duran

Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion has Ed Boon's voice. Everybody knows "GET OVER HERE!" Also I love Scorpion saying "SUCKERS" in MK Annihilation lol.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
For MK1 it was Subs. Scorpion's falality was lame as shit, and Sub's was arguably the best in the game.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Scorpion for me, though I don't like how they removed the uppercut from his rope pull move in MK 11 or am I missing something?

nath999

May 7, 2018
I think Sub Zero was more popular back in the day but Ed Boon pretty much made Scorpion the face of the franchise.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like the two have always been pretty close in popularity. Reptile has always had a pretty huge amount of popularity, too (though less so than the two poster boys).

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
In my circle sub zero was the favourite until mk3 nobody liked new sub zero and he's just become irrelevant since

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Scorpion is iconic. Neck-stabbing people and pulling them towards you for a bloody upper cut is quintessential Mortal Kombat.

Derenden

Oct 30, 2017
sub-zero.gif

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion is Ed Boon's favorite and generally the more recognizable character by people who only know the series by pop cultural osmosis.

Sub-Zero tends to be the more popular of the two to people with more than surface level knowledge of the series. Not by a ton, though.

OP
OP
strife85

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Scorpion is Ed Boon's favorite and generally the more recognizable character by people who only know the series by pop cultural osmosis.

Sub-Zero tends to be the more popular of the two to people with more than surface level knowledge of the series. Not by a ton, though.
Yeah, that's how I've seen it since MK1. MK3(base) not having any Scorpion at all was a travesty as well. Ultimate was amazing since it brought back Scorpion and had Classic Sub-Zero.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Scorpion, his kunai, and his infamous line, are basically the brand representation of Mortal Kombat.

There's a reason the upcoming movie finishes off with Scorpion's famous line.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Scorpion is the definitely more popular than Subzero. His quote "Get over here" is one of the reasons why.

Tezza

Nov 15, 2017
Sub-Zero has always been the most popular, he even got his own single player game.

In recent times, Ed has forced Scorpion as the face of the series, but Sub-Zero for sure.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
"Get over here!" And "toastie!" Are both Scorpion related. For that alone I'd say Scorpion edges it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The one with the endlessly quotable catchphrase is the more popular one.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion is my least favourite of the ninjas but he's still cool. I used to think he was pushed a little too much but after the Special Forces focus in MKX and MK11 I'd welcome him back to that position lol.

Anyway, Sub-Zero is better.

Aug 10, 2019
Sub-Zero is the most well known character from Mortal Kombat, but Scorpion's "Get over here" is among the most well known lines in all of gaming.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like Sub-Zero more but I'd say they are about 50/50 in popularity, with Scorpion edging out on top.