Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I can't take it anymore. I feel like I'm being tortured via sleep deprivation and Im fed up with just dealing with it. Some background: I'm 27, I don't drink coffee, I don't drink alcohol during the week, I'm not diabetic but I *am* thirsty all the goddamn time. I've experimented with cutting out all liquids hours before going to sleep and that hasn't helped. Anybody who has gone through this have any advice? The older I get the more not having a good night's sleep is wearing on me.

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Go to a fucking doctor. Jesus christ. What could you possibly expect from posting on a video game message board in lieu of actually getting medical help?

Lock this damn thread.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Go to a doctor, who may or may not refer you to a urologist.

I had an issue similar to that years ago, and I was prescribed something for it. However, I was also drinking tons of caffeine, which you say you're not.

Could be many things....go to a doctor.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Keep letting it happen then die of mysterious causes.

No seriously, schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or go to an immediate care center.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
4-6 times?!?!

fb0.jpg

Go the fuck to a doctor. Sweet Jesus.

OP
OP
Ashby

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't know this was that uncommon. That's why I made the thread. How often is normal? Once or twice?

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Could be a number of things. See a doctor if you haven't already. If you have already, go see another one.

EDIT: I sometimes go once at night, but I drink right before getting to sleep and I have weird hours.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
God damn I hate having to get up once to pee, can't imagine 4-6 times. I think I'd just wear a damn diaper to bed if I had to go that often during sleep time. Go to a doctor dude.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Possibly cystitis or a water infection tbh. Either a doctor, or drink loads of cranberry juice.

nutcasey

Oct 28, 2017
No to put a big worry into you, but that is the symptoms of a diabetic. As the doctor to do a blood test with you.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Go to a doctor, lots of nightly pissing and thirst may be indicators of diabetes. Edit: missed the "not a diabetic" line. Still might be early warning signs for it.

Also, are you overweight? If so, you may have obstructive sleep apnea - I used to have to get up to piss up every few hours as well, it was my body's attempt to get me breathing.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Ah...'kay. Seems like I also might have to see a doctor then. I'm not going as often as OP, but I'm still having to get up. Then again, I drink like a bottle of water before going to bed. Still, might have to check to be sure.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is not normal at least for your age. Enlarged prostrates can cause this for men, but that's usually an older dude thing.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am in the same boat. Have always been like this. I do drink a lot of fluids. I am lucky as hell to get 3 straight hours of sleep. I had my prostate checked and it was fine.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly didn't know this was that uncommon. That's why I made the thread. How often is normal? Once or twice?

Most people aren't interrupted by the need to urinate under normal circumstances. Getting up more than twice every night is reason enough to bring it up to your doctor. 5-6 times is reason to book an appointment.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Wow man. Go see a doctor ASAP. This is not at all normal. My dad found out he was diabetic with the same symptoms. Thirsty all the time and peeing all the time.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
And I get annoyed if I wake up once. Cant imagine 6! I'd probably just sleep in adult diapers at that point.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
even if I drink the night before, occasionally I don't wake to pee and just have to go big-time in the morning

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I had this happen to me last year. I'm 34. I went to the doctor scared that I had prostate cancer. Yes, she had to stick her finger up my anus to diagnose me. I had a prostate infection. She gave me antibiotics. Problem solved.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Every once in a blue moon I'll have bad nights where I go like 2-3 times. It's generally when I'm sick/have a sore throat/have been drinking so I'm going water crazy.

The fact you're even cutting liquids and still having to go is concerning to say the least. Go see a doctor ASAP.

Deschain

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The only time I have to go in the night is when I've been on the booze, otherwise I always sleep through. 38 years old here.

You said in the OP that you're always thirsty, how much are you drinking during the day? What are you drinking?

Also, go to a doctor!

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah see a doctor. Could be diabetes insipidus or something with your prostate. How much volume do you pee each time. Very little? Lots?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She said she has never noticed anything like that. Though she is a super sleeper so it probably wouldn't wake her up.

Might still be worth to do a sleep screening. Talk to your doctor and either get an appointment in a sleeping lab, or ask your lung doctor - most of them have at-home sleep screeners that you have to wire yourself up with for a night or two.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
all i know is seeing a doctor will give you better sleep

and better sleep is always worth it

Neolith

Oct 25, 2017
The only advice you should ever listen to in these types of threads is to go see a doctor who can perform a proper history and physical. Please for the love of god, follow it