• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Who would even use the "reee"-hing in 20-fucking-23 even if it wasn't offensive?
Does he also still post ROFLcopters and ORLY? memes?

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's like if you weren't posting about loving Hogwarts Legacy just to be edgy, you likely wouldn't respond to someone posting the SJW scream meme with that. I love how he throws his weight around when someone calls him out on it too, like it wasn't the exact reaction he was fishing for. Weird dude.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yup,because no woman can commit terrible crimes: like murder, and bank robbery, even rape.

Nope totally has got to be a man doing it, or a guy put them up to it. /s -just in case.

It wouldn't Take long for a journalist to find out the stats for women in prison for violent or sexual acts against women and ask that to the politicians?

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Henderson who is frequently posted here as something to do with consoles in gaming side is a transphobe who knows exactly what they're doing

View: https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1618561255274577921

YegIhCG.jpg

Yeah I noticed this yesterday. I'm sure many on gaming side won't care because he gives them the scoopz.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's still *extremely* common on the alt-right and other places. The old place prominently use it in their current thread about us.
Always makes me laugh that people who spend *years* obsessively following random posters on another forum have convinced themselves that it makes them the normal ones.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I understand her sentiment. The game isn't even out yet and is selling like hotcakes, and yet all you can see is people ranting about how the evil SJWs are killing this game and putting the devs on the streets. Talk about a persecution complex, it's like they live in a different reality.

I mean a lot of it most likely isn't them actually feeling persecuted, it's a calculated attempt to make normies think badly of progressives. They'll never turn down an opportunity to do that.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
User banned (2 week): thread derail, history of the exact same behavior

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck was there anything wrong with this person's post?

On topic it seems like every time I read this thread it's just more bad news regarding us somewhere in the world ugh.
It's so frustrating.
What did we literally tell you all about advocating for us to ban stuff? Did we literally say not to do it and if you did we'd toss you? Did we not say that on multiple occasions?

You're frustrated? I'm frustrated that people can't follow a basic rule that they've been given advanced warning of. How many times do we need to say not to do something before people listen?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What did we literally tell you all about advocating for us to ban stuff? Did we literally say not to do it and if you did we'd toss you? Did we not say that on multiple occasions?

You're frustrated? I'm frustrated that people can't follow a basic rule that they've been given advanced warning of. How many times do we need to say not to do something before people listen?
She said she was frustrated that there was always bad news about us somewhere in the world.

Seems the ban message should be 'advocating for staff to ban things' rather than thread derail, as there was only like two posts after it. At least that way it cements that that's why Mess was banned, and highlights the rule.

Also, for clarity, would he have caught a ban for sending the ticket in or is it explicitly him posting publicly about having sent one in (prompting discussion on it)?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

handing out a ban and calling it a thread derail is some bullshit, we are literally talking about transphobia and the thread wasn't even derailed to such a degree.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

I legit thought that was only a rule in the Community Discussion thread as it's the only time I've seen it come up. If what you're saying is the case, will it be added to the general guide of resetera?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well if it wasn't before, the thread is certainly a bit derailed now.

Last edited:

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's good to know lol. Pretty sure the whole 'reee' thing is based in mocking people with autism as well right?
Always makes me laugh that people who spend *years* obsessively following random posters on another forum have convinced themselves that it makes them the normal ones.

Yeah. It's a very offensive meme to autistic people in multiple ways. But as you probably already know by now, it's extremely common among right-wing and alt-right types. I sometimes even see it in communities where people should know better, and I often have to point out that they're making fun of me specifically when I do to get the point across. :\

She's been a known one for a while now.

Her Twitter account comes up as transphobic using Shinigami Eyes too.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I got called away right as I was about to post, then came back and I got beat by 7 minutes lol.

Anyway, Jessie Gender is one of my favorite youtubers, she somehow constantly makes super in depth videos that are both thought provoking and sincere, and this one is no different. I've seen a...number of different videos on JKR at this point, and I feel like this one is the absolute best. And fair warning, you're probably going to get wrecked by the guest appearance in the last leg of the video.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ever heard about this before lol. Thank you!

It's a really good add-on for determining if someone is transphobic or trans friendly. Although I should note that it comes with the caveat of being on the conservative side when judging; it's merely a judge of anti-trans/pro-trans on the account, and nothing more. However, with how other forms of bigotry tend to go hand in hand with transphobia, most anti-trans accounts tend to also be awful in other ways.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Shinigami eyes is a must for anyone using a browser that it supports, imo. It means less time identifying if someone has a history of transphobia or not.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Hey folks,

We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019
It wouldn't Take long for a journalist to find out the stats for women in prison for violent or sexual acts against women and ask that to the politicians?

You would be shocked at how people will defend women. "Oh she was defending herself" "Oh she's young and was influenced by her husband" etc. People in somecases will not believe that women can commit crimes.

Thus why she whole must be a guy. Like how many shows do female a villain, that are not tied to their lovers, and make them the bad guy?

Its a shame that this woman is going to the wrong prison. Wonder if they would do this if the genders were reversed, or if they would put a transman in a female jail.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hey folks,

We apologize for making our own thread derail. If you'd like to discuss this further my PMs are open or feel free to submit a ticket. This subject is very important to us so please continue.

Im really sorry and I dont mean to derail or pick the scab, but this really upset me this afternoon.

After coming out to ERA first and foremost out of everyone I know, because of ERA and being supported by ERA its upsetting to see, ire being focused towards our community and not towards those that was belittle and denigrate a community. That such fury and anger could be caused not by that person on twitters actions, but by the posters here was disheartening and saddening. It upset me and made me feel impotent to speak out for fear of being actioned.
I have been away from here since CP2077 where the team promised such subjects were important and people were listening.

I'm really sorry to derail and if you must ban me or warn me for venting spleen publicly, but its sooooo important to me, and it makes me so sad, not for me, but the next poor cow looking for a place to finally be herself and come out.

I am only alive and here and as happy I can be because of ERA and trans ERA specifically.
Really sorry, but I am very very upset, and this may be more better for my health than just screaming at a screen.

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
Hey folks,

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I love watching Jessie Gender btw, but I need to break her videos up. I used to be able to sit and watch 3 hour video essays in one sitting, and tbh I can't wrap my brain around how fast she pumps these out. I think I'm still behind on her last Rowling video haha

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

With all due respect, isn't there a meaningful difference between "ban discussion of x" and banning sources? Since the latter is something that, as far as I know, isn't off the table in the same way? Like obviously there is a similar risk of derailing threads with "they should ban X" discussion, not saying people should try to dance around the rules with this distinction throughout the forum, but I thought new bad sources continued to get banned so in a thread like this where it's on topic I don't see how it's really violating that rule.

And along those lines... isn't someone sending in a ticket the way you'd want that to be handled vs encouraging people to post about it (which is what usually happens)? Similar to what Kyuuji said I think it would be good to clarify if a ticket at all is unwanted, or if it was just that it would've been better not to post about it at all, only sending the ticket in.

I legit thought that was only a rule in the Community Discussion thread as it's the only time I've seen it come up. If what you're saying is the case, will it be added to the general guide of resetera?

It definitely extends beyond it. The reason the ban message is about derailing is because one of the reasons behind the rule is to prevent threads from being derailed into talking about how the staff should ban the thread's focus. The reason stated matched the rule but not this context.

I did think it was already in the guide though I don't see a clear reference there now that I check.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GBUArD51KY
A long and detailed deep dive on it all. Worth watching, I'm about half an hour in.

Watching this later but I just discovered Jessie very recently. Their Andor video was super heartfelt and I recommend people watch that too. Correct me if I'm wrong but JK randomly targeted Jessie who seems like a very wholesome person. Even the YouTube comments are super nice which tells you a lot about some YouTubers.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

indeed, and what is most upsetting to me, what appears to be most aggravating to some is not the content of the tweet or the crassness of the casual transphobia and ableism, but people here being understandably shocked and upset and lashing out, in a serious thread, with real world consequences, as outlined in the OT, not some list wars low effort thing. Thats what really infuriates some.

Another reference to it As well

ejRtbzE.jpg

will that make you feel better Tom, will that make you feel better to score one against the snowflakes? yeah? Will that give you a warm feeling in your tummy weaponizing developers and a community under attack to score a "win"?

what a piece of shit.