Cat_Ballou

Oct 25, 2017
171 thousand likes is rather disheartening to see.

People can't distinguish between a crossdressing straight man and a trans woman who transitions late, even after 20+ years of public education about the differences. It all comes down to what you look like, which in turn comes down to genetics, how you coped before transitioning, and how much you happen to conform to gender stereotypes for women despite a lifetime of being punished for approaching them.

I hope Rowling continues down this path. The more blatant she is about her prejudice and hatred, the less people will respect her opinion.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Genuinely curious about this if anyone has any insight into UK law.

What are the guidelines on when something crosses from free speech to hate speech?

When the person saying it isn't a billionaire. she's untouchable and she knows it.

They know exactly how she is. Sadly, more than a few probably agree but, like Elon Musk, grumble that she should tone it down a little.

Incidentally, she took that comment from Elon essentially telling her to smile more and posted a "Yes sir" tweet.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
She's reached the end of the line tbh, there's no more mask or trying to veil it in any form. She will be this openly vile until she's banned, the public/media turn against her in a strong motion or she dies. Which sucks since none seem likely to happen any time soon, and her actions will continue to normalise this nakedly-transphobic rhetoric and encourage it.

171 thousand likes is rather disheartening to see.
Considering the bots and the general audience twitter now caters to (using 'cis' in a tweet automatically reduces its visibility) it's like being disheartened to hear the cheers at a Trump rally. Which I get, but it's different to the average person agreeing with her even if it gives the semblance of it.

Last edited:

Lilly-Anne

Feb 14, 2024
Reading through her Twitter... doesn't she have anything better to do?
every single transphobe eventually succumbs to brain worms and has their life completely and utterly consumed by nothing but their transphobia. Glinner lost his family because dude started neglecting his family because he was doing nothing else in his life but yelling at trans people at 3am

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Telegraph

In a post on X, Clark, 51, said: "Another day of hate-fuelled transphobia against me… but hey guess what I am living my best life. Wake up everyday with my beautiful family around me.

"Everyday I laugh and have things to look forward to. Who's winning at life … the one who's happy and smiling or those hating?"

Among those criticising Rowling's response online was Caroline Litman said: "I've not met Lucy but my husband knows her wife.

"Lucy is a real person with a family, and a life to live. Bills to pay. What harm does her role as a football manager cause you? The team love her. Her wife and child love her. Your decision to pile on her is simply cruel."

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
re : Separating art and artist I'm all for it, the problem comes when you reach the level of Joanne where it's so all prevailing that I for one literally couldn't think of anything else while I was watching/reading HP if I cared to do so.

Whereas say, there's situations where the person is less the face of the ip or less entirely vile. Like the guy behind "TheC64" branded mini consoles and Evercade carts is an awful human for a number of slightly less important reasons and obviously didn't really "Create" any of this stuff, so I'm happy to buy those from CeX so he gets nothing and I wouldn't be thinking of him while playing Alley Kat.

HP at this point, whatever you thought of it 15 years ago, cannot escape its creator for me.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I think she's gone fully mask off she finds another layer to rip off, jesus. Worried she's going to get someone killed, and I'm not sure even that will be enough for the establishment to disown her.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not going to entertain a separate the art from the artist discussion in this thread of all places so just going to drop this and keep it moving.

lbprgvvh.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
I replied to the tweet but I don't even need to look to know she has never EVER said anything about, say, outgoing Chelsea manager, Cis woman Emma Hayes who has won 6 league titles 5 FA cups, couple of League Cups.

Because with her and her lot it's never, EVER about uplifting women, just easy trans hate.
I did, look. She's also never said anything about Sarina Wiegman, the first England manager to win anything since 1966, and guide England to a final of the world cup too.

Also, speaking of the world cup, nothing about Rubiales or Hermoso either.

This may shock you all but... I think she doesn't care about the success or hardships of women in football at all and just wants to kick trans people!

I hope I haven't stunned you all with this shocking revelation.

Can't believe Era banned the appropriate word for these people.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Every time I think she's gone fully mask off she finds another layer to rip off, jesus. Worried she's going to get someone killed, and I'm not sure even that will be enough for the establishment to disown her.
Given how central she has been in normalizing transphobia in the UK I am fully convinced that she *has* gotten people killed already.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I did, look. She's also never said anything about Sarina Wiegman, the first England manager to win anything since 1966, and guide England to a final of the world cup too.

Also, speaking of the world cup, nothing about Rubiales or Hermoso either.

This may shock you all but... I think she doesn't care about the success or hardships of women in football at all and just wants to kick trans people!

I hope I haven't stunned you all with this shocking revelation.

Can't believe Era banned the appropriate word for these people.
There's also the way she's been clearly positioning Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson as people who have wronged her and should apologise to her, when Watson especially has spent virtually her whole life after Harry Potter advocating for women's rights and is literally a UN Ambassador for women.

May 26, 2018
There's also the way she's been clearly positioning Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson as people who have wronged her and should apologise to her, when Watson especially has spent virtually her whole life after Harry Potter advocating for women's rights and is literally a UN Ambassador for women.

Right. Rowling has simply co-opted feminism for her anti-queer bigotry.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Genuinely curious about this if anyone has any insight into UK law.

What are the guidelines on when something crosses from free speech to hate speech?
Others have given the overview (money = do what you want).
My understanding when money is involved is that hate speech laws are such that only the target of that hate speech can raise a police complaint... that's why India Willoughby reporting when she was targeted by Rowling was important.

General hate crime laws exist, but I've seen mass reporting to the police just get the "go away" treatment as the comments weren't to a particular person/the person targeted didn't complain (think Libs of tiktok and bomb threats). Rowling exploits this ruthlessly and will dogwhistle such as the first tweet she did about this lady, which means the police say "no crime". But her then doubling down without the dogwhistle (at the daily mail no less) is something the police can give a warning for... provided Lucy Clark makes a report to the police.

I urge everyone to report every time they are a target of hate crime. Even if no action comes from your report it builds the picture to the point that the police can proceed against that person in another case... like reporting a pothole you hit makes the council liable for any claims that other drivers make from hitting the same pothole. My hate crime neighbour started on me, police gave him a warning as he already had reports from other neighbours of him doing the same(different hate crimes though), without the other reports nothing would have happened.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Others have given the overview (money = do what you want).
My understanding when money is involved is that hate speech laws are such that only the target of that hate speech can raise a police complaint... that's why India Willoughby reporting when she was targeted by Rowling was important.

General hate crime laws exist, but I've seen mass reporting to the police just get the "go away" treatment as the comments weren't to a particular person/the person targeted didn't complain (think Libs of tiktok and bomb threats). Rowling exploits this ruthlessly and will dogwhistle such as the first tweet she did about this lady, which means the police say "no crime". But her then doubling down without the dogwhistle (at the daily mail no less) is something the police can give a warning for... provided Lucy Clark makes a report to the police.

I urge everyone to report every time they are a target of hate crime. Even if no action comes from your report it builds the picture to the point that the police can proceed against that person in another case... like reporting a pothole you hit makes the council liable for any claims that other drivers make from hitting the same pothole. My hate crime neighbour started on me, police gave him a warning as he already had reports from other neighbours of him doing the same(different hate crimes though), without the other reports nothing would have happened.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Don't wanna have to keep linking to the place but she's now falling back on the transracial argument with "Do I get to be black if I like Motown and fancy myself in cornrows?". The writer of Kingsly Shacklebolt, everyone.

Also the billionaire who spends her life spewing hate on Twitter complaining about a trans woman being handed a "plum job" managing a non-league women's football team wild. Some real "how much could a banana cost" cluelessness from her literal castle.

Last edited:

Tony72495

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Reading through her Twitter... doesn't she have anything better to do?

That's continuously what I'm blown away by, she could buy like 3 yachts, 1 for 2 of her friends to each have their own yacht, and just sail around the world and vacation every single day and then go back to her giant mansion or whatever she owns and live in complete luxury.

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
I call her Joanne but in certain spaces I have to specify whether I refer to her or Gaga's album, and I wish I could only refer to the latter.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's always the chuds who are so against just treating people with respect that have a preferred name. Always always always. The fact that they can't see something so basic connecting to another human is so deeply sad.

Anyways, fuck off forever, Joanne.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised this is seemingly the first time she's gotten "trans-racial."

At least to my knowledge, can't keep every instance of bigotry on tap, need to flush occasionally.

Feb 24, 2018
Something about chuds and terffs I've always wondered, do they actually get joy for their miserable diatribes and getting angry? Like are they such self-loathing that their just lashing out anything or everything? Like they never actually seem to have fun, just spend their day getting angry.

Also since I heard it offline, I don't think Joanne is a grifter like other chud lords, she doesn't need to be; she is 100% sincere in her hatred of us which makes her actions scary. I'm worried she will attack or kill someone in real life, I really fear she'll go so far at this point because she has been allowed so much freedom and so much support from people in power that she'll just escalate and escalate.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Something about chuds and terffs I've always wondered, do they actually get joy for their miserable diatribes and getting angry? Like are they such self-loathing that their just lashing out anything or everything? Like they never actually seem to have fun, just spend their day getting angry.

Also since I heard it offline, I don't think Joanne is a grifter like other chud lords, she doesn't need to be; she is 100% sincere in her hatred of us which makes her actions scary. I'm worried she will attack or kill someone in real life, I really fear she'll go so far at this point because she has been allowed so much freedom and so much support from people in power that she'll just escalate and escalate.
I think at first they have fun but over time they propably get miserable again as it stops giving them a dopamine rush due to habituation and on the other hand people start to call them assholes and friends and family turn away from them, so they need to feel better, they try to revive that dopamine rush by getting more extreme in each cycle.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto

Rowling's happy as a pig in shit with all this. She's absolutely revelling in the pain she's causing.

79ydr9xm.png

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I've joked about someone needing to slap the Chardonnay bottle out of her hand in the past.

Her "Rock Bottom" tweet legitimately makes me think she's drinking the trans away.