Dovah

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Jake Paul is famous — well, sort of.

Anyone from the ages of 8 to 18 likely knows him. But everyone else (excluding the parents of this particular demographic) doesn't because Jake Paul is YouTube famous. And now, he's trying to get rich.

Twelve million subscribers tune in to Paul's pranks daily. They range from spending the night in a White House bathroom to terrorizing his roommates in the California mansion that serves as the reality show setting to his vlogs. The show is "Jackass" meets "The Hills" meets "Black Mirror," and the tow-haired trickster who hails from Ohio is more shrewd than any grown-up should be comfortable giving him credit for.

To capitalize off his fifteen minutes of fame and the burgeoning celebrity of others, Jake has created Team Ten: a YouTube talent incubation company he likens to tech seed accelerator Y-Combinator that gestated Airbnb, Reddit, and Twitch. For future earnings, he'll teach you how to go viral — because he can.

Well, there you have it, working 9 to 5 is for chumps. Jake Paul can make you viral because he's cracked the code. I do hope he opens his get rich quick seminars soon, I want to be just like him.

ERA, who do you think will be the first ResetERA billionaire?

The article came from Vice: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/8xvgqb/how-jake-paul-plans-to-be-youtubes-first-billionaire

The story is short so I thought I should just post it all. If anyone thinks that isn't the right thing to do, please tell me and I'll reduce it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 22 and I already feel like I have nothing in common with people five years younger than me. Amazing how these YT people are world famous.

OP
OP

Dovah

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Slay and Bronson lied to me, they told me to study and I'll surely make it big one day.

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Who knew being loud, obnoxious, and an early platform adopter can lead to great success?

Most of his fans are just a few years younger than myself and I don't recognize 90% of his peers. I think the last YT personality I followed was Meekakitty...almost a decade ago.

vider

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
I recently spoke with a friend of mine who's 19 (I'm 35), and somehow we ended up talking about various YT people. And when he started listing all the fucking people he watches, I never heard of any of them (aside from H3H3, Jim Sterling, and a few others), and apparently all of them have ridiculous subscriber numbers. And I am someone who does watch quite a bit of personalities on YT.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
A generation of youth being conditioned to act like idiots not only because it is a phase they are going through but because a now 20 year old is seducing them with dreams of being famous and rich.

I laughed at the Silicon Valley tropes used in his pitch.

Slayven could you have prevented this? Why did you fail us T'Challa?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I almost couldn't make it through the last episode of top chef because his stupid fucking face was in the episode for almost a minute.

Ugh. More power to him though if he can make money off his dumb shit

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Why? There are plenty of good YouTuber-only shows and YouTubers who put out good content while also making a living.
The only reason this guy is famous is because he's famous. He has no real redeeming qualities. I think that's what people mean when they say they want this kind of shit gone.

And if you let your kids watch stuff like this, you're making a grave mistake.

Oct 25, 2017
You know I wonder. I've seen videos of this guy because they've been floated my way.

Like is this an act. Or his he really obnoxious like this 24 fucking 7? and if he is. WHY does he think that's ok?

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know I wonder. I've seen videos of this guy because they've been floated my way.

Like is this an act. Or his he really obnoxious like this 24 fucking 7? and if he is. WHY does he think that's ok?

http://mashable.com/2017/07/18/jake-paul-neighbors/#97wbDAi87PqK

Paul, who lives in West Hollywood, frequently uses his rental home to create YouTube videos. His home is basically a content studio for his influencer agency Team 10, and the house and neighborhood are frequently featured in prank clips on his YouTube channel. Recently, Paul lit a bunch of crap on fire in his empty pool. Who wouldn't want to live next to a neighbor that has fun bonfires?

"We used to be this really quiet street and now we're just like this war zone," neighbor Maytal Dahan told KTLA. "We're more than happy to have them live here if they're respectful of their neighbors but they're not.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I hope no one becomes a billionaire from doing pranks. Atleast invent something or do something useful. I'm 23 and I think our generation is already bad enough, like 90% of my highschool friends are wannabe actors, models, and singers who all think they're gonna make money from that garbage.

I'm afraid to see what they current kids will aspire to after they graduate

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, you can make millions with this sort of shit. But if you want to make billions you're gonna have to study and actually come up with something genuinely important.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
True that, but there are people like him that are like this anyway. Like I hope kids don't grow up and think that's an ok way to act.
I think most kids have more sense than that. Unfortunately, you're probably right, and there will be some who are influenced by his actions to act like shitheads.

Oct 31, 2017
I know I sound like a jealous bitter person, but honestly it's really saddening to see people get rich and famous without even utilizing any skill or talent. I mean, good for him, but like... idk

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this the guy Disney fired because he was an asshole?

J-Rod

Dec 15, 2017
I do a birthday segment on my radio shift each morning and half of the "famous" birthdays I find to announce are all YouTube, instagram, etc. stars. I have no clue who tf these people are, but apparently a lot do.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who knows, not sure him and his brother will be the first to crack it

Sure they pull huge ass numbers but who knows how long they can pull 3-5 million views a day,

I've stopped watching them both now as they've both kinda gone very click bait on both there channels now. And seem to have ran out of ideas

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
JP seeing colors for the first* time was one of the most touching things Ive ever seen on YouTube. Dont hate on this sweet prince.