Teusery

"This guy are sick"
May 18, 2022
I read a book about this guy (basically a collection of interviews over the decades). I like him, he's a real hard worker and knows how to mix entertainment with themes/messages. Puts up his own money for his films when he has to as well.

Oct 28, 2017
The production of Titanic still impresses me to this day, man they don't make em like they used to. Is there a commentary with Cameron, Leo, and Kate Winslet by chance?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Fox exec: "can we get this tree hugging hippie bullshit out of the movie"?

- Fox exec talking about (early) Avatar.

Lmao.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cameron didn't miss a chance to insult the brit crew on Aliens lol

He's really a fascinating director to hear speak about just any subject.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
This is great. Him talking about the English Aliens crew lol. Interesting to hear how fast they landed on Kate, especially after hearing how Claire Danes turned down the role.

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun listening to him talk because he just doesn't have the filter other people have when they are doing these types of things.

Dec 11, 2017
I found his reason for doing the Avatar sequels to spread his conservationist message and reaching more people than his charity work pretty interesting.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
BexheRKsUkJgc.gif

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
What was most interesting to me was his explanation over why he chose Avatar over Battle Angel in the end, when it came down to simply having an appropriate scene to shoot for the initial capture tests.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing this makes me sad to think that after 97 he quite possbile will spend the rest of his career with only Avatar movies. If only he had chosen Alita like he wanted to for so long.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty great to hear that he's a climate activist. Didn't know he was going to bail on his career to focus on that. He's just a BAMF. Love him. Yeah he's an egomaniac but he has the receipts.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I feel like Cameron is literally the only person pushing Avatar

Then I see the crazy numbers

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've always liked how honest and unfiltered Cameron mostly is. Some really nice stories in there, although a number I was aware of.

His duel with the English crew on Aliens always makes me chuckle. From other coverage it's noted they thought he was a snotty young know it all, didn't respect them, wasn't Ridley Scott (obviously) and they went out of their way to be slow and irritate him: and boy did they ever given his still heated response! He clearly gave as good as he got though.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I wish True Lies and Aquaman was included in this GQ talk. All that gossip between Vincent Chase and Mandy Moore during Aquaman's production must have taken a toll on everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked how honest and unfiltered Cameron mostly is. Some really nice stories in there, although a number I was aware of.

His duel with the English crew on Aliens always makes me chuckle. From other coverage it's noted they thought he was a snotty young know it all, didn't respect them, wasn't Ridley Scott (obviously) and they went out of their way to be slow and irritate him: and boy did they ever given his still heated response! He clearly gave as good as he got though.
His telling of the story was really funny. He starts off very gracious, saying he's just the type of guy to get hands-on and it's nothing against them, and then ends on calling them slow as shit and needing it haha

I also liked his stories (here and elsewhere) about how 21 year old Dicaprio was basically a nuisance whenever he wasn't acting

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
That bit about Arnold going for Reeses part for T1 was hilarious when you think how iconic in the truest sense of the word he is to Terminator

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
they should have broken down the details on when are the blurays coming out for True Lies and Abyss