Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder of what happened last time WB picked up a former high profile MCU director

1c8k0gC.jpg

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see the thread when this gets officially announced. Hoo boy.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
better yet, who will Chris Pratt play?

Personally, I hope Pratt stays far, far away from this. I kinda' hope he just goes away in general, at least for a while.

He's charismatic and funny, but -- not a very good actor. I would say he's actually a B-tier actor who got really, really fucking fortunate. But that's a conversation for another thread and another day.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, I should have said DCCU or however the cinematic universe is named. I have no idea if ERA has a bias toward Marvel in the comicbook space. Never felt that was the case.

But the movies are another story. And I partly blame it on the DC movies being objectively inferior.

If people don't like the films because they are to use your own words objectively inferior then what's the issue?

Hard for me to imagine Gunn being enthused about this if it wasn't part of a reboot of the DC movies. Trying to force a film that is itself a reboot of its prequel, to fit into the cratered mess they got going just doesn't sound like it'd be interesting.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
That would be a good fit. Maybe when he does a good job, they'll let him right the whole DCEU ship.

What if he gets Joaquin for Suicide Squad instead
I wish they would just give him all the the DCU lol. Suicide Squad trailer had a great sense of humor and really made me excited for the movie. Then..I watched it. I'm just bummed how poorly the DCU went. I don't even dislike most of the actors(Leto Joker was awful though).

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If people don't like the films because they are to use your own words objectively inferior then what's the issue?

There's no issue. I was merely poking fun at the idea that for a series of reasons everytime Gunn is name dropped ERA swoons, and DC movies tend to be the butt of a lot of jokes.

Deleted member 11182

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel's gonna kick themselves over their knee-jerk reaction. The practically gifted him to their biggest competitor.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
lmao that's fuckin' funny. If he actually signs on that's a great pick. Surprised out of all the DC properties he went with squad.

What weird turn of events. Lesson learned for Disney, don't give in to Nazis.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Let's entertain that Gunn's name has this giant draw for a second.

Imagine the marketing for this movie.

"From the director of Guardians of the Galaxy and a lot of other movies you quite likely didn't see" is not going to work.

... But all they would need is "from the director of Guardians of the Galaxy." Why would you need anything else in that sentence?

The idea that Gunn is this unbelievably talented director still kind of eludes me. Guardians 2 was far from stellar.

People argue over it on Era but you'll find many who believe Guardians 2 was at least as good as the original, if not better. I fall in the "better" camp.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
"From the guy that was SUPPOSED to direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 but Disney turned out to be a bunch of cowards..."

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
... But all they would need is "from the director of Guardians of the Galaxy." Why would you need anything else in that sentence?

Guardians of the Galaxy is a Marvel property. I mean, I can see them do it (it's bold and it work) but the irony is fantastic. Having to namedrop and praise your direct rivals in order to prop your movie is... something.