• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
What the fuck? No!

Oh, man. I hope his family and loved ones are okay.

…god damn it. That's so sad.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
rest in power, amazing actor and v/o artist. ;_;7

his recent v/o work in control and alan wake 2 was amazing, and i was really excited for him to come back for the max payne 1 and 2 remakes. this really makes his alex casey in aw2 hit even harder.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
jesus christ... what a shitty news to wake up to. :(

Rest in Peace man.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I just played Max Payne 1 and 2 this month for the first time in ages, and man this bums me out. I love those first two games, genuinely one of my favorite video game characters.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I'm in the middle of AWII right now and I was thinking about how he was doing. Max Payne won't be quite the same without him. RIP.

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
Sometimes, something good comes out of it. Something you know you wouldn't deserve in a million years.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
This has to be unreal....Iam in SHOCK

:'(

RIP. Max Payne in essence is dead to me now. James was Max and Max was James. What an Iconic voice.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
there's a bit of confusion in the remedy community at the moment as it's been discovered that another (frank) james mccaffery had passed away just yesterday, and this may be a very weird fucked up game of telephone as kevin's post is the only confirmation so far, but should this prove to be true then we lost an iconic voice far too soon. rip to the voice of edward carnby

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k8KYp0aaJY

I mean, Kevin literally included a picture and called him his best friend. Dunno how likely that he confused it for someone else?

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
there's a bit of confusion in the remedy community at the moment as it's been discovered that another (frank) james mccaffery had passed away just yesterday, and this may be a very weird fucked up game of telephone as kevin's post is the only confirmation so far, but should this prove to be true then we lost an iconic voice far too soon. rip to the voice of edward carnby

I highly doubt a close friend of his would be confusing his death with someone else's

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
We've lost an iconic voice - it's not hyperbole to say that much of Max Payne's success was down to McCaffrey's talent.

It was wonderful to hear his voice again in Alan Wake 2.

RIP

Last edited:

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
Man, this really hits extra hard being so close to Alan Wake 2's release. The first time Casey talks and it's just his voice was like the ultimate magic trick. I wonder what they'll do with the Max Payne remakes, he's such a huge part of what those games are.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Err, they think Kevin Dillon has mixed his friend up with a child in another country that he doesn't know? Is this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.