Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

I really hope this isn't 3 hours of them just talking in Japanese.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Neat. Good to see that (presumably) all the Evo announcements are still going to be made in one place, rather than spread out to who knows when.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
All I want is for them to remove reversal edge.
Not happening before a Soul Calibur VII.
Very interesting to see Tecmo there, as they announced a few months ago DOA6 was not getting anymore major support.

My guess is they're there to try a free-to-play version of the game, or they're there to be a part of another company's plans, like being a guest team in KOFXV.
F2P DoA6 already happened.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Ok, looks like Summer Game Fest CAN be saved after all (beyond the amazing first indie showcase it had)! If this means season V, KOFXV, more news for FEXL and Strive, it's gonna be great.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Should be easier now due to the x64 architecture.
I agree, but that wasn't the point. I'm just saying that many JP devs right now are not announcing PS5 versions of their games for various reasons.
Easy or not, it's still development time, and they don't care much about it since Japan won't care much about the PS5 and the PS4 games will be playable there anyway.
I really hope this isn't 3 hours of them just talking in Japanese.
It will. Outside of some videos shown maybe.

But I don't see them ever caring about tweets sent at them that aren't in japanese.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I've been frothing at the mouth for KOFXIV news. I can't wait anymore!!!!!!!!

Also wish French Bread had some sort of presence as well.

OP
OP
The Turbanator
Oct 25, 2017
Why the SNK snub in the title? If anything take out Ark or bandai before taking out SNK.
No room, I just put in the first three names in the list, arguably the most important names there too. Bamco is hosting event too it seems.
I'd take out Capcom too.
Cute.
as does T7, according to Harada
Lol don't kid yourself, we both know what he means when he says that and it's not what we want.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Can we expect the next DBFZ character? I don't see Tomoko Hiroki's name there.
Also, wow, no Ono 😢

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Aw, no French Bread

you'll sit with the big kids someday, guys

Hope the announcements are neat and the discussion gives some good insight on how these games are made.2

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
User banned (1 week): Mocking an accent
Internet: give us GGPO style netcode
Japanese Fighting Game Publishers: *raughs in rollback*

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
SFV & GGST both have rollback netcode (as does T7, according to Harada).
99% delay and 1% rollback (I'm being generous here) doesn't make a rollback netcode. Anyone having played the game can't be fooled by Harada bullshit.

The sad think is he likely won't be challenged on it during this panel.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
99% delay and 1% rollback (I'm being generous here) doesn't make a rollback netcode. Anyone having played the game can't be fooled by Harada bullshit.

The sad think is he likely won't be challenged on it during this panel.
Looking at the list, I'm not sure who would challenge him on that.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me is worried that this'll just be talking and no EVO announcements but we know that we're at least getting some thing GGS related so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't just be a waste of time.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Part of me is worried that this'll just be talking and no EVO announcements but we know that we're at least getting some thing GGS related so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't just be a waste of time.
i don't think they'd hold this and not announce anything, especially when they'd need some place to drop all of the EVO announcements that would have been made.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Awesome, I was wondering if those companies will spread out their announcements but good to see they'll just show off everything on Friday. Curiously, I don't see Ono in that lineup? I do remember there was a role change/shakeup for Capcom so maybe that's why?

I'm always hopeful for Mahvel but Capcom specifically has two people for SFV. Oh well, at least it's some fighting game news!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I was wondering if those companies will spread out their announcements but good to see they'll just show off everything on Friday. Curiously, I don't see Ono in that lineup? I do remember there was a role change/shakeup for Capcom so maybe that's why?

I'm always hopeful for Mahvel but Capcom specifically has two people for SFV. Oh well, at least it's some fighting game news!
Even if there were Mahvel news, they would never spoil it by mentioning "Mahvel producer" ^^

One of Arika's dudes (not Nishitani) has commented on it a little, it's not as if everyone feels the need to bite their tongue.
When Harada is acting like he is the one knowing all about "rollback", he'll likely dismiss concerns because the game "already has it", and move on.

It's sad that pretty much all Bandai Namco games seem doomed at this point.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
HCxo5ia.jpg

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting to see Tecmo there, as they announced a few months ago DOA6 was not getting anymore major support.

My guess is they're there to try a free-to-play version of the game, or they're there to be a part of another company's plans, like being a guest team in KOFXV.

F2P version of DoA6 came out like a month after the game launched.

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
CVS2 and MVC2 with rollback netcode announcement.

Tekken Legacy Collection with Tekken 2, 3, 4, Dark Resurrection, 6 and Tag 1+2.

DOA is dead but here is Ninja Gaiden trilogy remastered, including the SNES games inside.

KOF XIII with rollback netcode by Code Mystics rerelease on consoles and free update on PC + KOF XV trailer.

Virtua Fighter 6 SEGA special guest announcement surprise.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I'd be down with a Japan Fighting Game Federation League. Looks like it will be all the Evo announcements that didn't make it.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The next GG announcement was in August...which was when EVO would have been. Makes sense to have new information here instead, lol.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So... this is where ArcSys is announcing One Piece FighterZ, right?
Having just recently really gotten into One Piece, I really want this to happen now. The series is perfect for it, as long as they work Luffy's form changes into his primary moves list, not separate characters like DBZ does it.